U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 07:03 AM

2,537 posts, read 879,130 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Kids are indoctrinated with everything these days. "Climate change," the trans agenda, SJW/PC crap everywhere, whites are bad, MMT, etc. I used to be against homeschooling for the most part because of the social development aspect. Today I am all for homeschooling. Education has become an indoctrination farm.
So when kids are taught FACTS that make you uncomfortable - like climate is changing, gay and trans people exist and the US has a history of racism - you call it "indoctrination".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 07:10 AM

6,458 posts, read 2,164,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
This appears to be the new tactic for the serious warming long range crowd......bring up a bunch of kids who are terrified all the ice is melting. And it's already started.......there was some 4th grader on TV the other night crying her eyes out in terror the ocean is rising and we're all doomed. Sounds like the future brown shirt brigade to me, all too happy to turn in the deniers for a lollipop.........this is the most disturbing thing on the horizon so far on the climate hoax...........
The irony of you (a hellfire believing holy roller) accusing someone of trying to scare kids into indoctrination just made my morning. That sir is fantastic!

Old Yesterday, 07:15 AM

6,458 posts, read 2,164,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
So when kids are taught FACTS that make you uncomfortable - like climate is changing, gay and trans people exist and the US has a history of racism - you call it "indoctrination".
There is a guy at my work that is such a fine American that he said believing in global warming was "arrogant" because God would never allow us to destroy the earth. Just Friday I found out that he got his schooling paid for because his parents were divorced and his mom didn't make any money. He complains about Bernie all the time and people wanting free school.

They have no self-awareness.

Old Yesterday, 07:16 AM

2,537 posts, read 879,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
Of course MSM blew it out of proportion. (1) They didn't know any better and (2) it got people to read their articles.

Climate change will not mean the end of the world. In fact, people like you and I will not feel the effects at all because (1) we live in a 1st world country where both our country and us as individuals have enough resources to make sure we wouldn't feel the effects and (2) the more drastic effects of climate change will not happen for another generation or so.

I say all this fully believing that we should do nothing at all to combat climate change because the point of no return is already behind us. As an engineer, I don't really worry about what's come to past. I worry about how to deal with the effects in the future.

You really should pay less attention to MSM and doomsday movies and actually read the science behind these issues.
Amen to this. Sticking your head in the sand and saying climate change is a hoax is not the answer. Running around crying "the sky is falling" is also not the answer. Making practical adjustments to minimize the impact over time is a common-sense approach.

We'll be off of fossil fuels well before 2100 regardless of AGW, because stocks will be depleted and we'll have developed more efficient sources of energy.

Old Yesterday, 09:14 AM

1,454 posts, read 831,978 times
Indoctrination is not some all-of-a-sudden, new thing.

Captain Planet anyone?

Best indoctrination ever.

Old Yesterday, 07:37 PM

22,408 posts, read 27,660,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
"The thinking mind" would give this serious consideration.

And conclude that tRumpism is the opposite of rationality.

I didn't mention Trump. I did mention that liberalism is largely irrational.

Old Yesterday, 10:24 PM

18,913 posts, read 9,741,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
This appears to be the new tactic for the serious warming long range crowd......bring up a bunch of kids who are terrified all the ice is melting. And it's already started.......there was some 4th grader on TV the other night crying her eyes out in terror the ocean is rising and we're all doomed. Sounds like the future brown shirt brigade to me, all too happy to turn in the deniers for a lollipop.........this is the most disturbing thing on the horizon so far on the climate hoax...........
It's sad and disgraceful what the sadistic hateful climate liars are doing to children....they are going to be pissed when they realize they've been lied to and scarred for life with their crap.

Old Today, 06:51 AM

35,437 posts, read 19,420,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
I didn't mention Trump.
So I filled in that blank for you.
Quote:
I did mention that liberalism is largely irrational.
Thanks for sharing.

Old Today, 07:08 AM

1,367 posts, read 297,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo58 View Post
Correct. Indoctrination. Here's an example for you of the indoctrination and "grooming" of our youth in action. Straight from the, ??? well ummmm, you'll see.......

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=899uwvQE7Ic

Old Today, 07:14 AM

5,315 posts, read 1,321,868 times
My kid's 7th grade science teacher told their class the world would end in 12 years and it was their parents' fault. I called the school and complained. She will have him in 8th grade and I am watching him. It's disgusting and outrageous. Fearmongering and scaring those kids. My kids are educated enough at home to know the agenda but some kids will just buy right into these lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies