U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 03:42 PM

35,732 posts, read 19,636,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Thanks for the laugh.

Imagining Trump living in Oklahoma makes me chuckle.

(No offense intended to those who live in Oklahoma. I do like the mid town Tulsa area . IMO, it's easy to see why that was fertile ground for S. E. Hinton, even all of these decades later)
If tRump wasn't born into a family of mega-millionaires, he'd be living in a trailer court and selling used cars.

And grateful for his food stamps.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 03:43 PM

2,021 posts, read 511,899 times
California is the most successful state in the country despite the extra taxes and regulations. This just makes Republicans heads explode because it goes against everything they were taught to believe. I love it!

Old 08-03-2019, 03:43 PM

12,786 posts, read 3,459,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Suppose I would comment were I not "deplorable."
I can see why that would make you dislike Hillary (I can't stand her either), but why does that mean liking/approving of Trump ?

Old 08-03-2019, 03:44 PM

15,666 posts, read 13,571,949 times
Quote:

Thanks for the laugh.

Imagining Trump living in Oklahoma makes me chuckle.

(No offense intended to those who live in Oklahoma. I do like the mid town Tulsa area . IMO, it's easy to see why that was fertile ground for S. E. Hinton, even all of these decades later)
Because of its mid town, Tulsa is believed to be more hip than Oklahoma City, like 15th St., Utica Square areas.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:44 PM

49,232 posts, read 46,101,134 times
Quote:
But Mountain Brook (suburban Birmingham) is a nice place to live.
Mountain Brook is nice. My point is this. Statistically, Alabama as a whole looks bad on paper. California has alot of issues too. Political party be darned.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:46 PM

447 posts, read 122,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
California is the most successful state in the country despite the extra taxes and regulations. This just makes Republicans heads explode because it goes against everything they were taught to believe. I love it!
That statement makes no sense. Does 'successful' mean the way the state tells me to open my wallet and drop my pants at the same time?

I worked for that money.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:47 PM

15,666 posts, read 13,571,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in a red state, Georgia. I've actually been a crime victim a few times here.
I meant don't turn to crime or do drugs for starters.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:51 PM

9,914 posts, read 7,480,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
that's going to be a problem for Democrats, not trump and republicans who can't win CA.

i don't think Trump is worried about that.

Are Democrats in Cali worried Trump could win the state now? That seems to be only reason to pass a law like that all of a sudden.

perhaps Democrats in CA should focus on making California a more sanitary place rather than Trump's tax returns.
one has to wonder how much extra time & money & lack of problems the legislatures and AG offices in various dark blue states have on their hands with their rushed through legislation crafted to address Trump, and lawsuits for any executive order applied.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:52 PM

2,021 posts, read 511,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekker99 View Post
That statement makes no sense. Does 'great' mean the way the state tells me to open my wallet and drop my pants at the same time?

I worked for that money.
I worked for that money too...but I don’t live in a bubble, I live in a civilized society. I want clean air, safe food, safe drinking water, security, road safety, good schools, social safety net.....good public infrastructure which doesn’t pay for itself. And I want this under control of government by the people because I don’t trust private corporations who follow the profit motive and take short cuts and are not democratically accountable to the people.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:52 PM

24,947 posts, read 8,815,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I love reading how rich I am.
I'm not rich but came here over 50 yrs ago and learned good work habits and on how NOT to be a spendthrift. I would not go anywhere else. I have a rich spirit. And speak the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies