Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 04:07 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/
He's speaking to his base, as he's given up on getting any votes out of these larger urban cities and usual blue states.

But he's the President of All of the USA, not just those that he won in 2016. He's immature at 73 yrs of age. As President, he's responsible for fixing problems if he thinks he has the ability and assets. For example, his criticism of Baltimore falls directly on his HUD Cabinet Secretary Ben Carson. Why no heat applied to Sec Carson?

If something is wrong w/ California, stop whining you dumb****, do something.

It's your job.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 04:07 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
one has to wonder how much extra time & money & lack of problems the legislatures and AG offices in various dark blue states have on their hands with their rushed through legislation crafted to address Trump, and lawsuits for any executive order applied.
You'd think that that would upset a lot of constituents, but it doesn't seem to,

Old 08-03-2019, 04:10 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
He's speaking to his base, as he's given up on getting any votes out of these larger urban cities and usual blue states.

But he's the President of All of the USA, not just those that he won in 2016. He's immature at 73 yrs of age. As President, he's responsible for fixing problems if he thinks he has the ability and assets. For example, his criticism of Baltimore falls directly on his HUD Cabinet Secretary Ben Carson. Why no heat applied to Sec Carson?

If something is wrong w/ California, stop whining you dumb****, do something.

It's your job.
His job is to represent his voters, not liberals.

Obama never represented conservative interests. I would never suggest that it is the job of a liberal politician to represent me because what would be the point of elections.

you are using rhetoric that has no basis in reality.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I'm not rich but came here over 50 yrs ago and learned good work habits and on how NOT to be a spendthrift. I would not go anywhere else. I have a rich spirit. And speak the truth.

Of course not.

You live in a rent controlled apartment, with low rent, in Santa Monica.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
And all of the filthy streets with human feces, horrible poverty, jacked up housing costs b/c of anti-growth policy, etc.
Yep. That certainly doesn't help.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Conservatives can't solve every problem like crime and failure in schools but we don't add to problems by supporting open borders and sanctuary cities. republican party has also tougher on crime party and supports vouchers to allow parents to send their kids to other schools, which Democrats oppose.

If you go downtown in Greenville, Huntsville, etc , the streets are not filthy like San Fran and LA. rats are not running around.

it's a fact that California has become less safe and more expensive and more filthy since Republicans were able to win the governorship and pick up the state in presidential elections.

the high crime areas with low ranked schools in the south overwhelmingly vote Democrat.
Got to make it a point to get to both.

I've stayed in Spartanburg and in Simpsonville, but I've never been to Greenville.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:25 PM

1,893 posts, read 1,010,189 times
Quote:
His job is to represent his voters, not liberals.

Obama never represented conservative interests. I would never suggest that it is the job of a liberal politician to represent me because what would be the point of elections.

you are using rhetoric that has no basis in reality.
Bull ****.

In that case he's not the President but a representative for his voters.

There is some really ignorant stuff posted on cdf. Scary that you can vote. Failed US govt in school?

Last edited by TBMorgan; 08-03-2019 at 04:33 PM..

Old 08-03-2019, 04:43 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Bull ****.

In that case he's not the President but a representative for his voters.

There is some really ignorant stuff posted on cdf. Scary that you can vote. Failed US govt in school?
what did trump say that is not true

Obama referred to conservatives who did not vote for him as bitter clingers.

trump said that California cities have some problems. he's not beating up on voters in Cali, he's branding Democrats as responsible for the problems.

Democrats blame Republicans for the problems in the south all the time.

there's no point in belonging to a political party if you don't think it is better than the other party.

is he supposed to say his critics are doing an amazing job, but vote for me in 2020 lol

welcome to the real world and politics.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:53 PM

73,014 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Texas, a disgrace to our country - can't even walk into a Wad-Mart there in safety.

Murder and gun violence rate 3X higher than New England. A disgrace I tell you.

Trump even thinks the places he lives are a disgrace. Even been to W. Palm Beach? NYC?

Basically, he's anti-American. He thinks we all are a disgrace...except Putin of course.
I disagree with this. I don't think Texas is a disgrace to America. This shooting happened in El Paso. I don't think talking down on Texas is a good idea. Texas has some problems. So does Michigan. So does Alabama.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:55 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,323,903 times
Quote:
And all of the filthy streets with human feces, horrible poverty, jacked up housing costs b/c of anti-growth policy, etc.
Everyone knows the highest poverty and illiteracy rates are in deep red Trump states
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies