U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 06:42 PM

8,115 posts, read 4,152,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
I suspect that even today there are a lot of hoods tucked away in Republican sock drawers.

In his last autobiography, Byrd explained that he was a KKK member because he "was sorely afflicted with tunnel vision—a jejune and immature outlook—seeing only what I wanted to see because I thought the Klan could provide an outlet for my talents and ambitions." Byrd also said in 2005, "I know now I was wrong. Intolerance had no place in America. I apologized a thousand times ... and I don't mind apologizing over and over again. I can't erase what happened."

I underlined that part of Byrd's quotation that afflicts Trumpers today the most. Tunnel vision. They latch on to a piece of the puzzle and think they have the whole picture. It never is. Things are never as simple as they seem to Trump or his cult.
You could not prove your silly accusation in court.

Also, by your own logic, anybody who supports a politician is also a cult member. That is empty rhetoric that can be directed at you too.

So a KKK president has sprung several black people from jail to please his KKK base.

if he's KKK, he's not very good at it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 06:44 PM

4,276 posts, read 2,051,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/

I disagree, Trump is a disgrace to the country, not California.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:53 PM

340 posts, read 92,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
I disagree, Trump is a disgrace to the country, not California.
California doesn't need Trump to be a disgrace...just the loony left.

This guy is so slick you could squeeze his hair and get enough petroleum products out of his hair to power LA for a year

Old 08-03-2019, 07:05 PM

1,877 posts, read 1,719,802 times
Everyone and everything is a disgrace to our country according to the idiot in chief. He should take a look in the mirror

Old 08-03-2019, 07:12 PM

1,490 posts, read 331,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/

Just watch where you step in San Fran. It is the scat capitol of the United States! Also, #5 on the most rat-filled cities. Costs $1K per month to live in a literal shipping container there.

LA is so trash and rat-filled people are worried about the Bubonic Plague breaking out there. It is #2 on the "rattiest" cities list. The entire city is turning into Skid Row.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ghd2bkIadG4

Old 08-03-2019, 07:21 PM

23,715 posts, read 12,513,494 times
So everywhere but where is not a dump for Trump.

He doesn't live in Montana -- probably can't find it on a map ....lol

Old 08-03-2019, 07:23 PM

6,361 posts, read 4,398,705 times
This is the only president in the history of this country that is willing to call it as it is.. he’s right. California is a complete ***** show. In 10 years there will be no middle class. It will be cheap illegal labor mowing the lawns for Silicon Valley and the types like Jane Fonda. Soon after the Silicon Valley and Jane Fonda types will realize they can’t afford the taxes anymore because the cheap labor folks taxes can’t support the state they will leave.

California is the poster child for ***** shows..

Old 08-03-2019, 08:05 PM

2,496 posts, read 1,802,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This is the only president in the history of this country that is willing to call it as it is.. he’s right. California is a complete ***** show. In 10 years there will be no middle class. It will be cheap illegal labor mowing the lawns for Silicon Valley and the types like Jane Fonda. Soon after the Silicon Valley and Jane Fonda types will realize they can’t afford the taxes anymore because the cheap labor folks taxes can’t support the state they will leave.

California is the poster child for ***** shows..
Oh, so true, we all wake up every day wondering, hoping we could be more like West Virginia.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:07 PM

3,318 posts, read 1,613,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This will be next week’s source of progressive outrage now that the Baltimore debacle is cooling off.

The week before Baltimore it was Trump’s “go back” comments.

The week before that it was the Mueller hearing.

It’s been like this for three years straight now: weekly groupthink meltdowns over instances of Trump still breathing.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
Trump in C-D threads with mocking comments to extreme. Would be labeled a "Troll". Always interjecting something to STIR THE POT. But he himself is unable to control his continuing saga of lashing out.

To me it is UN-PRESIDENTIAL. Just lacking control to think twice before he cheats ..... I mean Tweets. Liberals, their Cities and States..... Oh my. Liberals, then their cities and States .... Oh my.

Last edited by DavePa; 08-03-2019 at 08:19 PM..

Old 08-03-2019, 08:21 PM

4,561 posts, read 870,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
LOL, Trumpy is mad because Governor Newsom signed a bill requiring candidates in CA to release their tax returns if they want to appear on state primary ballots.

https://abc7.com/politics/ca-lawmake...turns/5389210/
Yesssss!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies