U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 01:03 PM

32,967 posts, read 16,869,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
California had had years with more people leaving than coming in yet their housing supply cannot keep with the demand?
Either the market isn't working or your information is lacking, I'll let you figure out which. Your Mississippi estimates do not leave me optimistic, though...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 01:40 PM

8,137 posts, read 4,176,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Either the market isn't working or your information is lacking, I'll let you figure out which. Your Mississippi estimates do not leave me optimistic, though...

i bet getting permits to do any kind of housing development in California is incredibly time consuming which is gonna prevent demand keeping up with supply

Old 08-04-2019, 01:40 PM

5,477 posts, read 2,782,751 times
Quote:
You are forgetting that leftists have anti-growth policies, they hate suburban 'sprawl'. They limit housing supply which jacks up housing costs.

I love when leftwingers try to give lectures on economics and free markets when your entire ideology is anti-free market.

The profit motive would keep housing costs reasonable because the demand would meet or exceed the supply without the government interference.

AOC singlehandily prevented Amazon from opening up a HQs in NYC.

This post has done a terrific job of convincing me that you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. And you claim it's liberals who shouldn't be lecturing anyone on free markets? Wow!

Old 08-04-2019, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
You, uh, forgetting people are born there too? Not just about those crossing state lines.
you are forgetting people die too and people don't have as many kids these days.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
This post has done a terrific job of convincing me that you have NO IDEA what you're talking about. And you claim it's liberals who shouldn't be lecturing anyone on free markets? Wow!
says a member of the party of 'Russian collusion' conspiracy theories and people who said a senile person is Whip Smart and Highly Competent to lead an investigation.

This article backs up with what I'm saying. https://www.bizjournals.com/sanfranc...roduction.html regarding the housing cost issue in the beautiful state of California.

Nobody is denying that demand for housing is high in the highest population state. What I'm talking about is supply. Housing costs are related to the ratio of supply to demand.

California has a lot of rich people so it is crazy how filthy the streets are. You should be able to take care of your people better than areas with lower average income.

Liberals say money is solution to problems. California has a ton of money but problems that don't seem to be getting solved.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:08 PM

7,575 posts, read 4,356,388 times
Quote:
you are forgetting people die too and people don't have as many kids these days.
Population in CA is still growing.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:10 PM

1,691 posts, read 1,892,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
LOL, Trumpy is mad because Governor Newsom signed a bill requiring candidates in CA to release their tax returns if they want to appear on state primary ballots.

https://abc7.com/politics/ca-lawmake...turns/5389210/
This is the most stupid thing that I have every heard of. If they want to set a requirement like that it should also be for every Senator and Congressman who runs for office. I would love to see all our "holier than thou" Senators and Congressmen's tax returns. Oh and also add Governors tax returns too.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:12 PM

1,691 posts, read 1,892,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post
Population in CA is still growing.
Growing from immigration. The people that have grown up in Ca are leaving. They have seen the negative change that has happened over the years.

1,769 posts, read 385,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/
I bet, without looking, that Californians' FED Taxes paid to the US govt exceeds most other states and without California's contribution to our economy we be hurting.

8,426 posts, read 11,244,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, if anyone would know about a "disgrace to our country" it would be Trump. He's the definition of the phrase.
^^^^^^^What they said
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies