U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 02:15 PM

8,403 posts, read 11,233,549 times

Advertisements

IF everyone who complains about California on this board would just go ahead and LEAVE, we'd have a better State.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 PM

15,387 posts, read 13,484,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Mississippi doesn't have 1 percent of the population that California has. Want to know why everything is so expensive in California? This may come as a shock to you (conservatives routinely ignore this fact in their efforts to push their agenda) but a lot of people WANT TO LIVE THERE!

Conservatives love market prices driven by supply and demand EXCEPT when it comes to California. They suddenly forget that there are more people than available housing which causes prices to skyrocket. Not only do they "forget" that fact but they actually try and use it against the state to paint it in a bad light. Either that or they're just stupid. I'm starting to believe the latter more and more.
It works out the same elsewhere, such as Austin, TX where everybody also wants to live, so the cost of living index is 130. Compare that to Sacramento, CA where COL is 127.5. Living in small declining to stagnant towns where hardly anybody wants to move to is the best way to escape high COL. The COL in such places can be in the 70s.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:20 PM

1,334 posts, read 627,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
if only he was more like Bill Clinton and Ted Kennedy
Blow jobs in the oval office, cigars inserted into a 21 y/o intern's vagina. He lied under oath.

And Ted Kennedy? Basically a murderer.

Great role models!

Old 08-04-2019, 02:29 PM

11,096 posts, read 11,022,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
trump won whites of all income levels and education levels.
Fake news.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ote-for-trump/

Working class whites without a high school degree are Trump's base. White educated suburban voters basically put the biggest Democrat majority in the house since the Watergate era.

Gotta be pretty uneducated to vote in a pathological liar after all

Old 08-04-2019, 02:31 PM

12,931 posts, read 4,373,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Blow jobs in the oval office, cigars inserted into a 21 y/o intern's vagina. He lied under oath.

And Ted Kennedy? Basically a murderer.

Great role models!
For you liberals out there.... that's called "Straight Talk".
Amen.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:32 PM

1,334 posts, read 627,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Fake news.

Working class whites without a high school degree are Trump's base. White educated suburban voters basically put the biggest Democrat majority in the house since the Watergate era
Nonsense. Educated suburban voters have money, and don't like to see it wasted. Most want to keep the most they can.

They may have been bleeding hearts in college but as soon as they started to make money along with paying for kids to raise, mortgages, insurance, etc., it changes.

I read somewhere that the average Trump voter has a salary in the 70s.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I bet, without looking, that Californians' FED Taxes paid to the US govt exceeds most other states and without California's contribution to our economy we be hurting.
Trump voters won't believe facts like that without confirmation from the liar in chiefs Twitter account

Old 08-04-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Nonsense. Educated suburban voters have money, and don't like to see it wasted. Most want to keep the most they can.

They may have been bleeding hearts in college but as soon as they started to make money along with paying for kids to raise, mortgages, insurance, etc., it changes.

I read somewhere that the average Trump voter has a salary in the 70s.
Im a six figure never Trumper Republican. I would glad have my 39.6% marginal rate back to get Obama in for a third term

Old 08-04-2019, 02:36 PM

15,387 posts, read 13,484,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I live in the South and I don't want to live in Arkansas at all. Not my cup of tea. Neither is Mississippi, Alabama, or South Carolina (I lived there once, didn't care for it).
NW Arkansas is probably a better place to live than most, maybe all of Oklahoma. Even though there has been rapid growth, cost of living in Fayetteville, AR is only 98.9. It's the only part of Arkansas I'd want to live, if I was forced to make a choice.

I don't think Arkansas is on any Top Ten states Californians are moving to, so I don't think that state has to worry about Californians driving up the cost of living or make the politics less conservative.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:38 PM

1,697 posts, read 372,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Fake news.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...ote-for-trump/

Working class whites without a high school degree are Trump's base. White educated suburban voters basically put the biggest Democrat majority in the house since the Watergate era.

Gotta be pretty uneducated to vote in a pathological liar after all

That poster Clemvegas is worthy of a block/ignore with the B.S. he/she has posted here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies