U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 11:32 PM

779 posts, read 671,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail80 View Post
So you admit it's a craphole. Got it
Uh? Iíd be missing out on a lot of really neat places if my metric were politics.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2019, 11:34 PM

779 posts, read 671,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Politics aside, California is still a lovely place. Not that many other locales where you can conceivably surf, golf, and ski in the same day. The climate is amazing, the scenery is lovely, and you have basically any cuisine or culture you could possibly want, and itíll most likely be nearby, too. Sure Iím biased, I grew up there. Most people will maintain some emotional bond with where they grew up.

COL keeps me away more than the politics, since Iíll be a political outsider pretty much anywhere I go.

I have noticed that the states I like and dislike donít seem to correlate with being a blue or red state; itís a pretty poor metric, and itíll keep you away from a lot of the beauty that we have in this nation.
Page 39.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:35 PM

33,272 posts, read 17,019,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I'm sure you can't just walk right in and demand citizenship.

See what I did there?
Demonstrate your ignorance, yes, but why make a point of it?

Old 08-06-2019, 11:44 PM

5,846 posts, read 3,188,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dovetail80 View Post
So you admit it's a craphole. Got it
It's got crapholes. But overall it's beautiful. If anything it's mainly our cities that need fixing. But I'm guessing most on C-D are country types and CA has alot of amazing wilderness..

Old 08-06-2019, 11:57 PM

1,280 posts, read 950,044 times
Quote:
Who says I was pissy? People like you serve no purpose to the USA. I'm well aware of it, waste of energy to get pissy over it.
People like me? LMFAO. You're the butthurt one here. Who hurt your feelings? I never even said a damn thing to you and you started in on me so I'm not the one with the problem, you are.

Sorry, I don't worship your Giant Orange God

Old 08-07-2019, 12:07 AM

1,710 posts, read 697,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Demonstrate your ignorance, yes, but why make a point of it?
How is that ignorant? Tens of thousands of people in caravans don't think they're entitled to citizenship? Then why are they even trying? Democrats appear to condone illegal immigration--Ca's governor basically told them to "come on in" and "here's free healthcare". You think they don't think they're entitled?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
People like me? LMFAO. You're the butthurt one here. Who hurt your feelings? I never even said a damn thing to you and you started in on me so I'm not the one with the problem, you are.

Sorry, I don't worship your Giant Orange God
I only responded because your OP was really, really stupid and melodramatic. Guess what, WW3 hasn't happened yet. Trump has had "the briefcase" this whole time and nothing yet. So, cool your jets. Rational people aren't scared, as you claim.

Trump is not my "god", I didn't even vote for him in 2016 if you must know.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:15 AM

Quote:
How is that ignorant? Tens of thousands of people in caravans don't think they're entitled to citizenship? Then why are they even trying? Democrats appear to condone illegal immigration--Ca's governor basically told them to "come on in" and "here's free healthcare". You think they don't think they're entitled?

I only responded because your OP was really, really stupid and melodramatic. Guess what, WW3 hasn't happened yet. Trump has had "the briefcase" this whole time and nothing yet. So, cool your jets. Rational people aren't scared, as you claim.

Trump is not my "god", I didn't even vote for him in 2016 if you must know.
Hahahahaha. Look in the mirror.

You don't get to order others how to think. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I worked for that money too...but I donít live in a bubble, I live in a civilized society. I want clean air, safe food, safe drinking water, security, road safety, good schools, social safety net.....good public infrastructure which doesnít pay for itself. And I want this under control of government by the people because I donít trust private corporations who follow the profit motive and take short cuts and are not democratically accountable to the people.
+1

Old 08-07-2019, 12:26 AM

1,710 posts, read 697,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
Hahahahaha. Look in the mirror.

You don't get to order others how to think. Sorry to burst your bubble.
Again, who said I said I get to order others how to think? You keep putting words in my mouth.

Your OP was stupid, so I responded to it.

You said any rational person should be terrified or afraid or whatever that Trump has access to nuclear codes.

That's stupid.

There are lots of rational people out there that aren't terrified.

He has given no indication that he is, or wants to be, a warmonger President. We aren't in any war.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:35 AM

39,940 posts, read 48,503,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
First, he acts like a @Q#$@#% to an American City, Baltimore.
Now, he is doing it to a whole state.
It doesn't sound like he loves America to me, sounds like he hates it, actually.
By his own words, maybe he should love it or leave.
They are apart of America, whether he likes it or not, he is only interested in insulting them and trying to bring them down.
Pathetic, for a President to do that to his own cities and states.

He certainly isn't trying to America great again.
Agree, and what is Trump doing about the crime and rat infestation in Washington DC. It's just as bad as Baltimore and New York City and a few other cities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies