U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 12:38 AM

779 posts, read 671,024 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Again, who said I said I get to order others how to think? You keep putting words in my mouth.

Your OP was stupid, so I responded to it.

You said any rational person should be terrified or afraid or whatever that Trump has access to nuclear codes.

That's stupid.

There are lots of rational people out there that aren't terrified.

He has given no indication that he is, or wants to be, a warmonger President. We aren't in any war.
I wouldn’t classify him as a warmonger, but he hasn’t made the effort to pull back which was a backbone of his campaign. That was the one reason I liked him as a candidate.

The “nuclear button” doesn’t exist, but I don’t particularly like having someone who lives on an impulsive brand having the nuclear football.

I’m not that worried, but I’m not that confident, either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 12:41 AM

1,280 posts, read 950,044 times
Quote:
Again, who said I said I get to order others how to think? You keep putting words in my mouth.

Your OP was stupid, so I responded to it.

You said any rational person should be terrified or afraid or whatever that Trump has access to nuclear codes.

That's stupid.

There are lots of rational people out there that aren't terrified.

He has given no indication that he is, or wants to be, a warmonger President. We aren't in any war.
So what? I think half the stuff you've said on this thread is stupid. Big whoopdidoo lol. I don't like to go around insulting people for the most part though so I didn't respond to you directly. But, I will respond to people that insult me or tell me to leave simply for having a different opinion. Differing opinions are as American as apple pie, and our freedom of speech guarantees that right.

Look, you like the guy. Fine. I sure as hell don't expect to change that. I HATE him. To be fair, I've hated the man since long before he entered office.

He is untrustworthy, and his penchant for alienating our long-standing allies while sidling up to questionable world leaders gives many of us pause for good reason.

Yes, in my opinion, any RATIONAL person is terrified. Also, IMPO, I can't understand how a person could have voted him into office to begin with, much less trust him to act in the country's best interests.

Trump may have won Electoral College, but in sheer numbers, he lost. That means something. It means he got in on a technicality.

So, I'm good with agreeing to disagree.

Leave the ad hominem crap out. It certainly doesn't help people communicate.

Old 08-07-2019, 12:50 AM

1,710 posts, read 697,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post

Look, you like the guy. Fine. I sure as hell don't expect to change that. I HATE him. To be fair, I've hated the man since long before he entered office.

He is untrustworthy, and his penchant for alienating our long-standing allies while sidling up to questionable world leaders gives many of us pause for good reason.

Yes, in my opinion, any RATIONAL person is terrified. Also, IMPO, I can't understand how a person could have voted him into office to begin with, much less trust him to act in the country's best interests.
Well, half or more than half of the country aren't rational human beings then. Talk about sweeping generalizations.

Quote:
Trump may have won Electoral College, but in sheer numbers, he lost. That means something. It means he got in on a technicality.
See this is why I respond to things. This isn't accurate. The EC was established for good reason. If there were no EC, we'd be stuck with a liberal President elected by CA and NY 95% of the time.

Quote:
.So, I'm good with agreeing to disagree.
That's fine with me.

Quote:
Leave the ad hominem crap out. It certainly doesn't help people communicate.
Ok, leave the sweeping generalizations out, then. It doesn't do any favors, either.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:19 AM

1,280 posts, read 950,044 times
Quote:
Well, half or more than half of the country aren't rational human beings then. Talk about sweeping generalizations.
Where do you get your figures from?

Quote:
See this is why I respond to things. This isn't accurate. The EC was established for good reason. If there were no EC, we'd be stuck with a liberal President elected by CA and NY 95% of the time.
It's still a technicality. More people still voted for HRC than Trump. Many Americans would like to see the EC abolished completely.

Quote:
That's fine with me
Good.

Quote:
Ok, leave the sweeping generalizations out, then. It doesn't do any favors, either.
Take your own advice. You're trashing the most economically powerful state in the nation. I mean, California pays more into the American 'Pot' as it were than any other state. 5th largest economy in the world? That's pretty substantial.

I'm 6th generation California Native on both sides(no longer living there due to my heat/sun intolerance, among other things) so forgive me for feeling a little defensive. There are many things about California worth loving, even if you're not Progressive It's the same argument I use on myself as to why I love Alaska, despite the fact I don't fit here politically. The good news for me though is that there are pockets of like-minded people here, not to mention the million other things about Alaska that are worth loving :P

Still, California is near and dear to me and I will always love my home state, even if it is way too hot and crowded for me now.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:42 AM

12,837 posts, read 3,485,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And you know what? People who live in California have every right to be defensive.

Let me tell you something. Mississippi isn't my cup of tea. There are many things I don't like about Mississippi. At the same time, I try to keep a modicum of respect and I understand that there are people who do make it home. I bring up alot of statistics, but bringing up statistics is different from flat out trashing a place.

Have you ever thought about why some people get defensive when someone trashes their hometown?
But why care what Trump thinks ?

Because he’s the President ?

That shouldn’t matter. Trump looks stupid making his comment whether he is the POTUS or just a well known developer.

IMO, showing offense re what he said = allowing Trump to ‘bring one down in the mud with him’.

I’m a 5th Generation California native. I’m probably more critical of the state than Trump is, but I don’t care what he thinks.

Additionally, I don’t believe him. I don’t think he really thinks the state is a disgrace. If he did, he’d sell the Trump National Golf Club Los Angeles, or at least try to.

He’s just lashing out like a toddler because he’s butt hurt about the legislation that Newsom signed. His feelings are hurt.

Last edited by RMESMH; 08-07-2019 at 03:52 AM.. Reason: Added content

Old 08-07-2019, 03:45 AM

2,020 posts, read 451,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
But why care what Trump thinks ?

Because he’s the President ?

That shouldn’t matter. Trump looks stupid making his comment whether he is the POTUS or just a well known developer.

IMO, showing offense re what he said - allowing Trump to ‘bring you down in the mud with him’.
EXACTLY!!!!!

I'm sure Californians aren't losing sleep when Trump trashes their state. 40 million of them.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:48 AM

18,297 posts, read 11,578,002 times
One thing you have to say about Trump, he really has united this country !

Old 08-07-2019, 05:29 AM

35,777 posts, read 19,670,775 times
California: home to more Americans than any other state.

tRump and his followers hate them.

Hate is a recurring theme with them.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:52 AM

456 posts, read 63,434 times
Quote:

It's still a technicality. More people still voted for HRC than Trump. Many Americans would like to see the EC abolished completely.

Many would NOT like to see it abolished as well since it is working exactly as it should. Now what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One thing you have to say about Trump, he really has united this country !

He has given us the great economic opportunities despite the constant character assassinations attacks from the left and their propaganda outlets. Also several months of under 4% unemployment..how many months of under 4% unemployment did we have under Obama?

A lot of California is a disgrace to this country so once again, he is correct. been to skid row lately or walked around SF?

Last edited by tipsyguam; 08-07-2019 at 06:00 AM..

Old 08-07-2019, 08:26 AM

18,297 posts, read 11,578,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Many would NOT like to see it abolished as well since it is working exactly as it should. Now what?

He has given us the great economic opportunities despite the constant character assassinations attacks from the left and their propaganda outlets. Also several months of under 4% unemployment..how many months of under 4% unemployment did we have under Obama?

A lot of California is a disgrace to this country so once again, he is correct. been to skid row lately or walked around SF?
I doubt you will want to hear the TRUTH, but the cold, hard facts are, Trump rode in on an economy that Obama started, and Obama did such a great job that even Donald Trump, in all his ineptness, STILL continues to stay fairly stable. But just in case you want to see factual information for a change, instead of what you want to believe, here are some numbers of what the country was like when Obama left office:

The economy gained a net 11.6 million jobs.

The unemployment rate dropped to below the historical norm.

Average weekly earnings for all workers were up 4.0 percent after inflation. The gain was 3.7 percent for just production and nonsupervisory employees.

After-tax corporate profits also set records, as did stock prices. The S&P 500 index rose 166 percent.

The number of people lacking health insurance dropped by 15 million. Premiums rose, but more slowly than before.

Illegal immigration declined: The Border Patrol caught 35 percent fewer people trying to get into the U.S. from Mexico. How do you like THAT statistic ?

Wind and solar power increased 369 percent. Coal production declined 38 percent. Carbon emissions from burning fossil fuel dropped 11 percent.
Now, if you have any "facts" to the contrary, let's discuss those. But I doubt you will have any to provide.

One thing I have to say though, you are honest in admitting you are posting from Russia !!

Last edited by don1945; 08-07-2019 at 08:54 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies