U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 09:00 AM

1,746 posts, read 385,962 times

Advertisements

Kind of hoping the idiot trashes my state of 19 million since I have no regard for the dumbass' opinion. Speaking of which, about 2017, I stopped having much regard or respect for the basket of deplorables' opinions. I'm starting to use the phrase "You don't say?" when idiot Trumpkinz blather about something they don't like about the country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 09:10 AM

32,949 posts, read 16,861,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
How is that ignorant? Tens of thousands of people in caravans don't think they're entitled to citizenship?
Asylum != citizenship. No one has - in your terms - "walk(ed) right in and demand(ed) citizenship". The more you know...

Old 08-07-2019, 09:31 AM

18,017 posts, read 11,408,591 times
One of the biggest problems with Donald Trump is that he just can not control himself. For a man of his age, you would think he would have learned when to react to something and when to brush it off. But he is absolutely so insecure and immature that he lets every little thing get under his thin skin, and he goes off on a tangent.

For once, just once, if he ever was able to start a sentence without finishing it up with some slam or insult to someone else, I would swallow my teeth. He is the most negative, nastiest, dumbest, least educated person to ever hold this job. Just what we want in the man who makes life and death decisions for the rest of us !

How anyone can find one shred of anything positive in this jerk really hurts my head.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:05 AM

13,248 posts, read 3,362,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FC76-81 View Post
Why didn't all the rich and famous retardates in the social media light leave like they said they would if Trump won in 2016? It's been over three years now and none of them have left yet.
I suspect at least some love America too much to leave and feel that staying to fight against Trump serves them and America better, but frankly I can't speak for other people. I think it's hardly important to focus on what some rich and famous people do or say when what matters more is what our politicians do and say.

What Trump keeps saying matters more to me than what Kim Kardashian has to say, for example. If you get my meaning...

Old 08-07-2019, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Your post is a deflection rather than a real response to Learn Me's post, but it is still pretty funny.

Trump's presidency is sort of like a car that has features that you like, and features that you don't like, but is a color that....a certain percentage of the time....makes you throw up because you find it so distasteful. And, additionally, the car has the ability to make itself the old color again if 'it' disliked the preferred color that you used in repainting it. IOW, there are people who like his policies, or at least enough of them, but aren't willing to put up with the 'lumps' that go with that (the way he conducts himself in some situations/his Tweets/etc.). He unnecessarily trips himself up/puts his foot in his mouth so much of the time.
Thanks but to use your analogy, I'd say Trump's presidency is sort of like a car that is a lemon, and leave it at that.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:12 AM

1,746 posts, read 385,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Thanks but to use your analogy, I'd say Trump's presidency is sort of like a car that is a lemon, and leave it at that.
Warranty ran out and you're stuck w/ the repair bills.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falls14303 View Post
I've seen variations of this kind of comment for months now; specifically targeting the area near mine; skid row in downtown Los Angeles. It's been in very bad condition for a long time; there are videos online from around 1970 and even then it was bad. But never like this.

It piques my interests when someone from a rural, sparsely populated conservative republican state makes a snide comment about what a mess my city is, how democrats have ruined it; oh really? What's the biggest city you've ever been to? Do you know what drives people to addiction and homelessness? Do you know anything about affordable housing and how to apply for grant money to get those contracts to get housing built?

Because if you do, and if your communities can do a better job? Then let's do this: get one-way bus tickets and start sending these people to Grand Forks, North Dakota and Laramie, Wyoming and Ironwood, Michigan and Slidell, Louisiana and Ashland, Wisconsin and Fairbanks, Alaska. These are red places where Trump won by a lot and if these people have all the answers regarding how to take care of the homeless, and they won't come here to deal with them then I'd gladly send the homeless to them.
I've been seeing "variations of this kind of comment" almost all my life living in California, for many decades. Always the punching bag for conservatives for as long as I can remember, whether about the taxes or the environmental regulations, the cost of living, the violence promoted by Hollywood, the liberal universities and all the rest...

Most the people who love to rail about the likes have the mental band width of a brick, because even within these cities like Los Angeles and San Francisco, you can see the same sort of differences you describe between California and other states, California cities and towns compared to other cities and towns. There is the "good part of town" and there is the other side of town even in California cities. Places you don't want to walk and areas that draw happy tourists from all over the world. "A Tale of Two Cities" can be told almost anywhere...

Much like in Chicago, for example. You can walk down Michigan Avenue in awe of all the beauty everywhere you look, and clean! Drive just a little ways away from those main boulevards and you are in something like a war zone in no time. Why and how is this in almost any big city almost no matter where you go?

Too many conservatives "can't handle the truth" about any of this...

Old 08-07-2019, 01:55 PM

1,348 posts, read 628,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Asylum != citizenship. No one has - in your terms - "walk(ed) right in and demand(ed) citizenship". The more you know...
Being poor and from a crappy country doesn’t equal asylum.

If so we’d have billions trying to get in.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Being poor and from a crappy country doesn’t equal asylum.
Which does what to change the fact that the "walk right in and demand citizenship" line was sort of dumb?

Old 08-07-2019, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How anyone can find one shred of anything positive in this jerk really hurts my head.
The cruelty is the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies