U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 02:27 PM

1,400 posts, read 634,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Which does what to change the fact that the "walk right in and demand citizenship" line was sort of dumb?
These people think they are entitled to citizenship, and the Dems are basically saying “walk right in”, ESPECIALLY your Governor, so, no, I don’t see how my comment was “dumb”.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2019, 02:28 PM

1,776 posts, read 390,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
How anyone can find one shred of anything positive in this jerk really hurts my head.
I knew what we had in Trump - I"m mostly dismayed/disappointed in acquaintances who are clueless about his insults, immature name calling, tweeting, lack of insight. These are folks that have lived through a lot of presidents and you'd think they'd know better.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:32 PM

49,029 posts, read 45,930,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
I suspect at least some love America too much to leave and feel that staying to fight against Trump serves them and America better, but frankly I can't speak for other people. I think it's hardly important to focus on what some rich and famous people do or say when what matters more is what our politicians do and say.

What Trump keeps saying matters more to me than what Kim Kardashian has to say, for example. If you get my meaning...
The rich aren't as affected by Trump as other people are.

To hear about Kim Kardashian makes my head hurt.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:40 PM

49,029 posts, read 45,930,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
One of the biggest problems with Donald Trump is that he just can not control himself. For a man of his age, you would think he would have learned when to react to something and when to brush it off. But he is absolutely so insecure and immature that he lets every little thing get under his thin skin, and he goes off on a tangent.

For once, just once, if he ever was able to start a sentence without finishing it up with some slam or insult to someone else, I would swallow my teeth. He is the most negative, nastiest, dumbest, least educated person to ever hold this job. Just what we want in the man who makes life and death decisions for the rest of us !

How anyone can find one shred of anything positive in this jerk really hurts my head.
Trump knows better. He chooses to be this way because this is his personality. He doesn't think about what he says. He just says it. He says what is on his mind, no matter what.

I'm not surprised what comes out of his mouth. What is more disturbing to me are those who keep defending his behavior. Some people like that he is like this. He says what they want to hear, in the way that the want to hear it.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:44 PM

37,624 posts, read 16,660,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
I knew what we had in Trump - I"m mostly dismayed/disappointed in acquaintances who are clueless about his insults, immature name calling, tweeting, lack of insight. These are folks that have lived through a lot of presidents and you'd think they'd know better.
I couldn't care less about his brashness. Policies are much more important than personality. He doesn't usually call names unless someone attacks him first and you damned well know it!

Old 08-07-2019, 02:46 PM

842 posts, read 216,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
How many times are you going to post the same comment only on different threads?
Probably until the idiots get it.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:52 PM

32,970 posts, read 16,874,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
These people think they are entitled to citizenship...
That would appear to be a bit of an unsupported supposition on your part.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Many would NOT like to see it abolished as well since it is working exactly as it should. Now what?

He has given us the great economic opportunities despite the constant character assassinations attacks from the left and their propaganda outlets. Also several months of under 4% unemployment..how many months of under 4% unemployment did we have under Obama?

A lot of California is a disgrace to this country so once again, he is correct. been to skid row lately or walked around SF?
I guess these defenders of Calif. must love it being a sanctuary state for illegal aliens and wants it to provide healthcare for them. Two of the reasons I am disgusted with our Calif. politicians.
There are many towns that have been trashed by illegal aliens to.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiannon67 View Post
People like me? LMFAO. You're the butthurt one here. Who hurt your feelings? I never even said a damn thing to you and you started in on me so I'm not the one with the problem, you are.

Sorry, I don't worship your Giant Orange God
Are those juvenile remarks directed at our president really necessary? We are adults not kindergartners. We don't worship Trump that's just plain silly. We support the policies that he has set forth just like the Democrats supported Obama for the same reasons. This juvenile name calling has got to stop! There is no civil debate anymore on the part of liberals. It's shameful!

Old 08-07-2019, 03:00 PM

1,776 posts, read 390,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Just heard a phrase for this WILLFUL IGNORANCE.....Booker used the phrase today. Describes exactly what I see in folks in my circle who've decided to bury their heads in the sand and ignore what's going on in DC. Maybe its some sort of psychological self-protective device.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies