U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-09-2019, 10:19 AM
 
13,568 posts, read 3,453,151 times
Reputation: 1704

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Once again, Trump doesn't initiate childish behavior he merely retaliates against those who act that way by hurling insults at him first. Are you guys really this clueless?
Maybe part of the problem here is the difference between what you seem to think is insult deserving of "retaliation" and/or what is childish behavior as compared to what others think...

What, exactly, would you claim McCain said or did that deserved Trump's retaliation and what is not childish about how Trump retaliated against McCain, claiming McCain was only seen as "a war hero because he was captured" and that he liked "people that weren't captured." Trump was the only living president not to attend McCain's funeral. Most people, liberal or conservative, consider McCain an honorable man, hardly deserving of Trump's obscenely stupid and insulting comment(s), about a captured American Veteran of war.

Next let's have a look at how Trump mocked a disabled reporter...

"Doesn't initiate childish behavior" you say?

Maybe not for people who don't recognize immature, embarrassing behavior for what it is! So much for acting presidential anyway...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-09-2019, 10:20 AM
 
2,103 posts, read 434,334 times
Reputation: 1887
The left wants the doormat Republicans back. The ones who wouldn't fight back against their endless and baseless smears and character assassinations.


Those days are over, thankfully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 10:28 AM
 
13,568 posts, read 3,453,151 times
Reputation: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by sad_hotline View Post
I complain out this a lot. I wouldn't have an issue if Californians mostly stayed in California and enjoyed all the laws they vote for, but instead they get sick of Cali, move out to other states, then try to change those states to Cali. There's no self-awareness. Obviously not all Californians, but quite a few I've met way out here.
I think the way it works, democracy that is...

There are state laws that reflect the will of the people in those states, just as anyone can claim California has laws that Californians support regardless what Trump and people in other states might prefer or object to.

Also in this country, people can easily move from one state to another and as demographics change in different states as a result of immigrants from other countries, other states or just younger people, so too will the laws in those states.

Simply follow the history of civil rights in these respects, southern states compared to northern states, and see how those laws also changed over time, for all variety of reasons including the simple better understanding of what civil rights really means...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 12:50 PM
 
13,568 posts, read 3,453,151 times
Reputation: 1704
Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The left wants the doormat Republicans back. The ones who wouldn't fight back against their endless and baseless smears and character assassinations.

Those days are over, thankfully.
Interesting considering the fact that most liberals think much happening now is BECAUSE of all the doormat Republicans who allow Trump carte blanche to say or do anything, much like Trump explained he could do even including shooting someone dead on Fifth Avenue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 12:52 PM
 
Location: North America
19,697 posts, read 12,608,825 times
Reputation: 8357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/
Trump is a disgrace to our country.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 12:53 PM
 
5,091 posts, read 1,432,997 times
Reputation: 2978
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Interesting considering the fact that most liberals think much happening now is BECAUSE of all the doormat Republicans who allow Trump carte blanche to say or do anything, much like Trump explained he could do even including shooting someone dead on Fifth Avenue...
Always fun when sycophants somehow think they AREN'T being doormats...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 12:55 PM
 
Location: Tennessee
24,469 posts, read 18,205,084 times
Reputation: 28724
California has a productive economy that is the envy of the world. It's an innovation hub where many of the best inventions and creations of the last half-century were born.

I don't agree with all their politics, but it's a far more important and better state than MS or WV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 01:04 PM
 
Location: North Carolina
3,653 posts, read 2,425,291 times
Reputation: 4742
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe
Interesting considering the fact that most liberals think much happening now is BECAUSE of all the doormat Republicans who allow Trump carte blanche to say or do anything, much like Trump explained he could do even including shooting someone dead on Fifth Avenue...

Always fun when sycophants somehow think they AREN'T being doormats...


The majority of Trump supports know nothing about the man. Oh yea the hotel guy, yea him. Thats all they knew. Probably too young to have heard of him. If they knew ahead of time the fraud, amounting over a $Billion he hosed people and banks, countless business schemes that people sued to get money back. Ask anybody around New York City or New Jersey what they think. If you knew his past beforehand, you would think this guy has no business in the White House. Unless you are also his type. Keep making excuses for him. He thanks you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 10:09 PM
 
49,293 posts, read 46,156,596 times
Reputation: 15642
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Trump is a disgrace to our country.
Trump has always been disgraceful. And this was before he became President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-09-2019, 10:11 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,469 posts, read 4,310,160 times
Reputation: 3240
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
California has a productive economy that is the envy of the world. It's an innovation hub where many of the best inventions and creations of the last half-century were born.

I don't agree with all their politics, but it's a far more important and better state than MS or WV.
Liberalism didn't create the economy or inventions in California.

Neither WV or Miss has been controlled by Republicans for long and it is interesting how people on the left always point to those two states, more rural than other states like Texas, Florida, NC, etc.

Trump's clearly talking about the bad aspects of California cities, the filthy streets and huge number of homeless people.

Liberals try to brush this off by talking about....rich people in California. So a lot of rich people in California means there's no poor people and other problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top