U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-10-2019, 04:56 PM
 
2,952 posts, read 1,206,273 times
Reputation: 2837

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Most hillbillies are patriotic, though. As in "Murica, Miller lite drinking, big trucks lol etc. They don't hate America like some of the leftists.
They hated America when Obama was in office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-10-2019, 04:57 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
1,423 posts, read 636,462 times
Reputation: 1893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
They hated America when Obama was in office.
No; they hated Obama, not America.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 04:58 PM
 
2,952 posts, read 1,206,273 times
Reputation: 2837
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
California has a lot of money and rich people, Appalachia doesn't.

What is California's excuse for the poverty in CA if liberals there believe in socialism.

seems like everybody there should be middle class at minimum if socialism works.

there's plenty of rich people in california so why hasn't their tax revenue solved poverty.
California cities are among the best for socioeconomic advancement. No doubt, they have a lot of issues with poverty, but at least they are not stuck like in the South.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 04:59 PM
 
2,952 posts, read 1,206,273 times
Reputation: 2837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
No; they hated Obama, not America.
Fair point.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 04:59 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,269 posts, read 4,197,492 times
Reputation: 3159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
California cities are among the best for socioeconomic advancement. No doubt, they have a lot of issues with poverty, but at least they are not stuck like in the South.
so why are so many people and companies moving to the south.....

you are saying something completely contradicted by reality which is typical of the left.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 05:01 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
1,423 posts, read 636,462 times
Reputation: 1893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
California cities are among the best for socioeconomic advancement. No doubt, they have a lot of issues with poverty, but at least they are not stuck like in the South.
That's false.

Ever hear of Nashville? Atlanta? Charlotte? Miami? Tampa?

Heck even here in Knoxville, we have a humongous University and tons of scientific labs. Y-12, ORNL, etc. The Manhattan Project was 15 miles away in Oak Ridge, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 05:02 PM
 
2,952 posts, read 1,206,273 times
Reputation: 2837
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
so why are so many people and companies moving to the south.....

you are saying something completely contradicted by reality which is typical of the left.
You’re completely unscientific, which is typical from the right. California leads the way, by far, when it comes to venture capital, IPOs, new tech firms. For every company that leaves California, multiple new start-ups are created. If you don’t believe me, look at the data.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Greenville SC 'Waterfall City'
8,269 posts, read 4,197,492 times
Reputation: 3159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
You’re completely unscientific, which is typical from the right. California leads the way, by far, when it comes to venture capital, IPOs, new tech firms. For every company that leaves California, multiple new start-ups are created. If you don’t believe me, look at the data.
we need to defer to the liberal arts democrats who talk about things like intersectionality. so scientific

none of your company talking points has anything to do with liberal policy.

there are a ton of people in California and companies need to be near people, their clients.

it doesn't make sense to assert that a high tax, high regulation state helps businesses.

California boomed when it was majority Republican. It has become more poor in the last 30 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 05:04 PM
 
2,952 posts, read 1,206,273 times
Reputation: 2837
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
That's false.

Ever hear of Nashville? Atlanta? Charlotte? Miami? Tampa?

Heck even here in Knoxville, we have a humongous University and tons of scientific labs. Y-12, ORNL, etc. The Manhattan Project was 15 miles away in Oak Ridge, lol.
Atlanta and Charlotte are among the worst cities for socioeconomic advancement. Economists have been studying this for decades...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-10-2019, 05:16 PM
 
Location: Knoxville, TN
1,423 posts, read 636,462 times
Reputation: 1893
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Atlanta and Charlotte are among the worst cities for socioeconomic advancement. Economists have been studying this for decades...
Atlanta is is unofficial capital of the South.

Not saying economists are full of it, but there is A LOT going on in Atlanta.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top