U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2019, 12:47 PM

5,021 posts, read 3,467,395 times

Advertisements

Conducting himself in a dignified manner? Nothing like that in his presidential toolbox. Ignorant of American history and the workings of government on a state and federal level. Only adept at dividing the country and spewing childish insults at individuals and places.

The oratory and compassion of a Franklin Roosevelt leading the country through the Great Depression. Abraham Lincoln healing the nation at the end of the Civil War. Bush standing with the firefighters after 911. How in the world did we get this fool masquerading as a President of the United States?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 12:52 PM

12,477 posts, read 3,386,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post
Conducting himself in a dignified manner? Nothing like that in his presidential toolbox. Ignorant of American history and the workings of government on a state and federal level. Only adept at dividing the country and spewing childish insults at individuals and places.

The oratory and compassion of a Franklin Roosevelt leading the country through the Great Depression. Abraham Lincoln healing the nation at the end of the Civil War. Bush standing with the firefighters after 911. How in the world did we get this fool masquerading as a President of the United States?
The nomination of Hillary .

Old 08-11-2019, 01:28 PM

7,226 posts, read 7,877,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msgsing View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
The nomination of Hillary .
Exactly. As I said in another post, it's like both parties made a bet with each other on who could nominate the least Presidential candidate.

I'm not sure which party irritates me more, the Republicans for nominating Trump or the Democrats for nominating the only person who couldn't beat him.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:32 PM

3,496 posts, read 2,384,714 times
Take the word California out of the title, and you're correct.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:38 PM

8,270 posts, read 4,197,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
I am not a Democrat, liberal or anything. I have no party, no side. I didn't vote for him, either Clinton, nor Obama. And what he does is different than other presidents I have seen. It's not just tweets or words, it's his actions too.

So I shouldn't expect a grown man who is supposed to be the head of the whole country to act better than a little kid? Sheesh.

He IS the leader of the whole country, even those who didn't vote for him. It's not dishonest if he acts like the leader of everyone as a basic idea. He is the President of the US, not President of Those Who Voted for Him. This is the cooperation section I mentioned. He should have better behavior than those under him in status.

One example was when there were many states in the West with wildfires going on last year. We had them pretty bad here in Utah. But he only decided to attack California - as fires burned and people died and lost their houses and more - over it and threaten not to help with federal funds. Not a peep about the dozen or so other states, mostly red. It's crap like that.

Yes, he can work to promote what he campaigned on and some people won't like it. But he acts more like they are actual enemies to the US, not fellow citizens who disagree but still are his citizens.
He isn't the leader of the entire country, he represents the people who elected him, the majority of the electoral college. i would never claim Obama is supposed to represent me when he was president because it isn't reality.

Elections have consequences. If you don't like Trump, defeat him on election day.

a politician cannot represent everybody given people have interests in conflict with each other.

I would say his policies are better for all people in the country than liberal policies. for example, flooding the country with illegal people , many violent criminals and drug runners isn't making the country better.

Trump's prison reform bill and offers / concessions to Democrats to get a deal on immigration would be described as bipartisan if the media was not mostly liberal partisans.

if leftwing politicians attack Trump, including the governor of CA, Trump's free to examine if the critic has credibility to criticize him.

if you argue there should be no conflict in politics, then you are indirectly advocating for one party rule.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:57 PM

3,638 posts, read 1,006,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
He isn't the leader of the entire country, he represents the people who elected him, the majority of the electoral college. i would never claim Obama is supposed to represent me when he was president because it isn't reality.

I would say his policies are better for all people in the country than liberal policies. for example, flooding the country with illegal people , many violent criminals and drug runners isn't making the country better.

if leftwing politicians attack Trump, including the governor of CA, Trump's free to examine if the critic has credibility to criticize him.

if you argue there should be no conflict in politics, then you are indirectly advocating for one party rule.
There are different concepts at play here. One can promote specific views the country wanted, but still be the president of all US citizens. Why do we bother with a president of a country, then?

This is wanting one party rule in effect, where only your voters matter at all. A good leader can balance it all. Conflict is natural, but how one handles it is key, and he is very immature about it.

Like the wildfire situation I mentioned.... Several states were having the same situation, but he singled out the one he didn't like and went after them. How is that helpful or not divisive?

Whatever. I think it's astounding that wanting a president who can behave as a decent human being... Not a wimp, not a pushover, but a basic decent person period...is somehow some alien concept. You can be assertive and get things done without being Biff Tannen.

I left the Republican party before him since it was going downhill, but certainly would leave now if I was still in. We need new parties, if they need to be a thing. Likely vote 3rd party moderate/conservative since my vote doesn't matter so much in my state.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:59 PM

How did Obama represent conservative interests.

he referred to people who didn't vote for him as 'bitter clingers who cling to their guns and religion'. He constantly attacked Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and other conservative talk show hosts.

he even used the IRS to target conservative groups like the tea party.

why should Trump do anything for people who falsely accused him of colluding with Russia and being a white supremacist.

If I want a politician to be 'my president', do I smear him. I don't think so.

Old 08-11-2019, 02:12 PM

4,642 posts, read 2,194,900 times
Quote:
How did Obama represent conservative interests.

he referred to people who didn't vote for him as 'bitter clingers who cling to their guns and religion'. He constantly attacked Fox News, Rush Limbaugh and other conservative talk show hosts.

he even used the IRS to target conservative groups like the tea party.

why should Trump do anything for people who falsely accused him of colluding with Russia and being a white supremacist.

If I want a politician to be 'my president', do I smear him. I don't think so.

"Bitters clingers"?

Actually, if you going to quote him, quote him.

Referring to working-class voters in old industrial towns decimated by job losses, the presidential hopeful said: "They get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them . . ."

Old 08-11-2019, 02:17 PM

that's a distinction without a difference. he sneers at people who didn't support his positions and smears them as racist.

i don't recall Trump randomly going after Democrat voters with that kind of insult.

bitter clingers is a summary of his quote. it doesn't make sense for you assert i should remember the exact quote from 11 years ago.

but thanks for posting it so people won't think I made this up. he was president of all the people, liberals say so. lol

Old 08-11-2019, 02:31 PM

4,642 posts, read 2,194,900 times
Quote:
I don't recall Trump randomly going after Democrat voters with that kind of insult.
Yeah. Trump never insults people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies