U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 06:40 PM

8,117 posts, read 4,152,902 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiaLia View Post
San Francisco is not "California".

Washington D.C. has had homelessness and the filth that goes with that for more than 50 years. Just blocks from the White House.
i don't think trump or any republican denying DC has problems. DC is probably more liberal than San Fran.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 06:42 PM

714 posts, read 631,300 times
California is actually remarkably complex, but its politics give it a certain reputation which isn’t fully in line with the state. It’s stacked more deeply with a lot of different terrain and thinking than almost any other place I can think of.

Old 08-13-2019, 06:44 PM

1,334 posts, read 621,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Tennessee is ranked third in the country for prescription drug abuse....any reason why?

Short and mean answer? Hillbillies love their pills.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I love TN I would never want to live in the holler. Leave the nice cities and it gets pretty rural, pretty fast. What else is there to do out there other than take drugs?

Old 08-13-2019, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Short and mean answer? Hillbillies love their pills.

Don't get me wrong, as much as I love TN I would never want to live in the holler. Leave the nice cities and it gets pretty rural, pretty fast. What else is there to do out there other than take drugs?

Go hiking, kayaking, hunting, fishing, boating, etc? Seems better than going to the mall.

Most people in rural areas are not on drugs. That's the new liberal narrative to sneer at the rural conservatives. The ones on drugs are most likely to vote Democrat , the welfare expansion party.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Go hiking, kayaking, hunting, fishing, boating, etc? Seems better than going to the mall.

Most people in rural areas are not on drugs. That's the new liberal narrative to sneer at the rural conservatives. The ones on drugs are most likely to vote Democrat , the welfare expansion party.
I can drive for 5 minutes and all of those things except hunting and hiking. For those, it would take about a half an hour. I'll stay in the city, thanks.

You're being naive if you're saying drug addiction isn't a major epidemic in rural, poor, small towns. People literally have nothing else to do.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I can drive for 5 minutes and all of those things except hunting and hiking. For those, it would take about a half an hour. I'll stay in the city, thanks.

You're being naive if you're saying drug addiction isn't a major epidemic in rural, poor, small towns. People literally have nothing else to do.
Speak for yourself.

Most drug users are in the big cities. Rural areas are sparely populated areas. I've noticed a lot of leftwingers in big cities like talking about rural cities.

San Fran is notorious for drug needles being on the streets. Why is that if there is so much to do and boredom is the primary cause of drug abuse?

Old 08-13-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

Most drug users are in the big cities. Rural areas are sparely populated areas. I've noticed a lot of leftwingers in big cities like talking about rural cities.
Rural areas probably possess a higher percentage of users than urban ones, though.

Drug problems probably have a root more in a lack of a fulfilled-feeling life than anything else.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Rural areas probably possess a higher percentage of users than urban ones, though.

Drug problems probably have a root more in a lack of a fulfilled-feeling life than anything else.
I doubt that.

Just b/c you prefer urban areas doesn't mean other people are bored in rural areas and do drugs because of it. Get this, , people aren't just like you.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
I doubt that.
Which one? Or both?

Old 08-13-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Speak for yourself.

San Fran is notorious for drug needles being on the streets. Why is that if there is so much to do and boredom is the primary cause of drug abuse?
Of course there are more drug users in cities, I never said otherwise.

But drugs run rampant in small, poor, rural towns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies