U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2019, 07:38 PM

8,122 posts, read 4,158,886 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
Which one? Or both?
Why is there so much poverty in urban areas if there is so much to do? Your point is easily contradicted and with a greater number of people.

There is less to do if you have less money, so the correlation would be between lack of money and boredom, regardless of where a person lives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2019, 07:38 PM

18,712 posts, read 9,164,397 times
COASTAL California is NOT America. California belongs in another country.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Of course there are more drug users in cities, I never said otherwise.

But drugs run rampant in small, poor, rural towns.
If there is more poverty and drug abuse in urban cities, why do you focus on rural areas.

Do you think the people in rural areas that do drugs are more likely to be Democrat or Republican.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:44 PM

714 posts, read 633,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Why is there so much poverty in urban areas if there is so much to do? Your point is easily contradicted and with a greater number of people.
Many rural areas are fairly depressed. Poverty has some concentrations in urban areas, but there’s a far better ability go upwardly mobile. Poverty in California is a pretty easy place to be with high COL. Poverty in older cities is a matter of suburban flight and decimation of decent jobs nearby the city center without education. I drive through a lot of cities like St. Louis and Baltimore where the city proper is crumbling, but the suburbs look as nice as any place you’d want to live.

Rural areas with high drug use are typically former company towns out in the boonies near some kind of resource. When that factory shut down, boom.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:45 PM

1,334 posts, read 624,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
If there is more poverty and drug abuse in urban cities, why do you focus on rural areas.

Do you think the people in rural areas that do drugs are more likely to be Democrat or Republican.
I'm not focusing on any one thing; I was just answering a question when someone pointed out that TN is one of the top states for RX drug abuse.

Here most of the poor rural demographic votes Republican.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I'm not focusing on any one thing; I was just answering a question when someone pointed out that TN is one of the top states for RX drug abuse.

Here most of the poor rural demographic votes Republican.
What percentage on drugs and keep in mind a lot of people don't vote and I assume drug abusers would be unreliable voters.

Would you disagree with me that most welfare people vote Democrat and GOP has historically been the tough on crime and drugs party?

Drug abusers don't really seem like natural GOP voters to me. We know the hippies don't go for Republicans.

I've notice a lot of far left people like talking about rural and poverty drug abuse but they never talk about urban drug abuse and poverty. it seems like politicization of poverty and drub abuse rather than sincere interest in solving problems.

Old 08-13-2019, 07:53 PM

4,984 posts, read 3,449,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

The sheer stupidity and ignorance of your comment is mind boggling. On what alternate universe do you reside in ?

Old 08-13-2019, 07:56 PM

12,388 posts, read 3,355,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Yes, it is.

I also disagree with a lot of the things they do, and will no longer give them my non federal tax dollars (I'm a 5th generation coastal California native, who now lives in Texas, and my house is in the only county in the country where Trump beat Hillary by more than 100,000 votes), but it is still America. Most of my family still lives there, and there are Marine, Navy, and Army veterans among them.

Old 08-13-2019, 08:43 PM

7,219 posts, read 7,864,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Comparing Trump to Clinton is irrelevant because not everyone criticizing Trump is a Democrat nor a Clinton voter.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.
Not everyone who criticized Clinton was a Republican, either. Every president has been criticized from within their own party. What does that have to do with relevance?

Old 08-13-2019, 09:05 PM

634 posts, read 187,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This will be next week’s source of progressive outrage now that the Baltimore debacle is cooling off.

The week before Baltimore it was Trump’s “go back” comments.

The week before that it was the Mueller hearing.

It’s been like this for three years straight now: weekly groupthink meltdowns over instances of Trump still breathing.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
so true, lol.

One thing is certain, President Trump is going to be a hard act to follow.

Hope that's not for eight more years though
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies