U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 11:12 PM

12,845 posts, read 3,490,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
No. But it must be said that the vast majority of the time he's just fighting fire with fire. Keep in mind he has been smeared like no other President (in my life at least) since the day he announced he was running in 2015. The dems and news spent 2 years prosecuting him for BS he didn't even do. I don't blame him for being nasty back to people, but the personal attacks about weight, etc. yes are very out of line. But most of the time he just says what everyone else is thinking. I've been told I do that before, so I can sort of relate.

I do love how he has exposed the fake news, he will go down in history for that- that will be his legacy.

I personally get a kick of watching clips of him calling them out...the Jim Acosta thing was epic. And it proves that the news is bull****, Acosta had to get one more question in there completely unrelated about the Russia hoax....which turned out to also be bull****.

I personally find this epic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3abZ4aAGUU

And he is right about CNN--their ratings are awful. Like I said earlier, The Hallmark Channel and TLC have more primetime viewers than CNN. That's pathetic, but deserved. CNN is the worst.

It doesn't end until 2022. Nevertheless it doesn't affect me. But you gotta love TN...we have the lowest taxes in the nation and all the politicians do is talk about how we can pay even less. Even the democrats tread very lightly, lol.
Nope.

According to the Tennessee Department of Revenue the first year without the tax is the tax year that starts on January 1st, 2021....16 1/2 months from now:

https://revenue.support.tn.gov/hc/en...come-tax-rate-

I agree. You gotta love Tennessee, for low taxes and a number of other reasons.

I'm fond of the setting around Chattanooga, and the proximity to Atlanta, and wouldn't rule out living there at some point.

I have friends (two different households in particular) who live in Williamson County (the Franklin/Brentwood area...suburban Nashville), and I like that area, and the drive out to Leiper's Fork.

I also like your metro as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 11:14 PM

4,564 posts, read 893,783 times
Kentucky takes the lead.
Calif. s clean.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 PM

1,719 posts, read 700,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Nope.

According to the Tennessee Department of Revenue the first year without the tax is the tax year that starts on January 1st, 2021....16 1/2 months from now:

https://revenue.support.tn.gov/hc/en...come-tax-rate-

I agree. You gotta love Tennessee, for low taxes and a number of other reasons.

I'm fond of the setting around Chattanooga, and the proximity to Atlanta, and wouldn't rule out living there at some point.

I have friends (two different households in particular) who live in Williamson County (the Franklin/Brentwood area...suburban Nashville), and I like that area, and the drive out to Leiper's Fork.

I also like your metro as well.
Lol, ok, I'm glad you're right; the sooner the better.

Chatt is nice, it has a really nice downtown. And it would be nice to be an hour and change away from ATL.

Knoxville is more known for the metro areas and suburbs than its downtown, though it is getting nice down there too. It's completely different than it was 20 years ago.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:44 AM

456 posts, read 64,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Knoxville is more known for the metro areas and suburbs than its downtown, though it is getting nice down there too. It's completely different than it was 20 years ago.

Many places are...many Democratic-run hell holes are generally worse. Please note, I said generally before some brain child rushes in with the very tired "not all" defense on this. I did not say all of them are worse.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:33 PM

1,719 posts, read 700,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
Many places are...many Democratic-run hell holes are generally worse. Please note, I said generally before some brain child rushes in with the very tired "not all" defense on this. I did not say all of them are worse.
Here, at least, it's definitely changed for the good.

Downtown is very desirable and there's lots of stuff always going on down there.

The real estate prices are high.

I like downtown but I'd never pay big bucks to live there. It's Knoxville, not downtown Atlanta.

For the price of small loft you can have a 4 bedroom house in the nicest part of the suburbs.

Old 08-18-2019, 02:35 PM

5,597 posts, read 3,387,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
LOL, Trumpy is mad because Governor Newsom signed a bill requiring candidates in CA to release their tax returns if they want to appear on state primary ballots.

https://abc7.com/politics/ca-lawmake...turns/5389210/
Remember, Trump would have won the popular vote without California in 2016.

So if Trump is off the ballot in California, he could also win the popular vote in 2020.

Then states who would give electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote would have to give them to Trump, if he wins the popular vote in 2020.

Be careful what you wish for.

Old 08-18-2019, 05:16 PM

893 posts, read 1,331,026 times
I wonder if anybody clicked on the video in the article, and listened to the first few seconds:

Quote:
"What they are doing to our beautiful California is a disgrace to our country..."
So where's the lie in that statement? Have you been living under a rock with no internet, tv, radio, etc.? He was CLEARLY referring to Newsom and his minions, and the JOB they are doing with the state. He never said "Well, California is a disgrace" with no ellipsis in the beginning. Nearly 70 pages of whining and overreacting for what? Next time instead of just reading the title of a story, how about you people look more into it?

Old Yesterday, 12:00 AM

686 posts, read 210,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/
As a Californian I was grateful that someone noticed. We need Trump fix here, and fast.

Old Yesterday, 12:25 AM

6,152 posts, read 2,880,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Hundreds of millions of dollars floating in and out of Hollywood and still tents litter the streets............
and whose fault is that? The Government or our "capitalist" society?

Old Yesterday, 09:23 AM

8,035 posts, read 3,583,900 times
Trump is the disgrace to the country. The man can’t tell the truth. Good role model for our kids?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies