Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2019, 10:04 AM

41,762 posts, read 74,756,971 times

Advertisements

Trump needs to look in the mirror. There's where the disgrace lies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2019, 11:37 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,830,902 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
LOL, Trumpy is mad because Governor Newsom signed a bill requiring candidates in CA to release their tax returns if they want to appear on state primary ballots.

https://abc7.com/politics/ca-lawmake...turns/5389210/
True! He's reacting to this.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:39 AM

20,647 posts, read 8,401,663 times
Mayor Yoga Pants wants more Fed money to help the homeless crisis he made worse. Developers paid bribes and kickbacks to put up lots of apartment blocks that are too expensive to rent. 15,000 units are empty.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:47 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,511,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Have you been to any third world country?

My wife and I had the wonderful opportunity to visit South Africa, and I'll never forget our guide explaining to me that he was doing everything he could to get his daughter admitted to a university in California. Not easy for a South African. Part of his reasoning was that his daughter could never achieve her potential where sexism was such a problem in Africa, even for a white woman.

Too bad so many Americans take so many of our most fundamental advantages for granted, to understand how California is the envy of not only the third world but the modern world too, including much of America. Advantages that lots of less fortunate people would "kill" to make possible for their family...
Yet, some Californians are tired of the costly situation in California and have been moving to Oklahoma of all places.

Old 09-20-2019, 11:48 AM

10,121 posts, read 15,799,086 times
Yes California is probably the craziest, most left-wing state in the nation. However my opinion of it is still more positive than New Jersey or New York because California at least has a lot of tourist value and there's more to the state I still want to see like Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and Redwoods and I enjoyed visiting LA, Palm Springs, San Diego and San Francisco. New York only has NYC worth visiting while New Jersey has nothing worth visiting. Used to think Atlantic City was cool but its just a smaller, colder version of Biloxi-Gulfport-Bay St Louis.

Old 09-20-2019, 07:30 PM

914 posts, read 635,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yep, if you look up "disgraceful" in the dictionary, guess whose picture is right there ?
hmmm, how clever. I wonder what definition you'd find Newsom's picture under?

Old 09-20-2019, 07:36 PM

914 posts, read 635,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Yes California is probably the craziest, most left-wing state in the nation. However my opinion of it is still more positive than New Jersey or New York because California at least has a lot of tourist value and there's more to the state I still want to see like Lake Tahoe, Yosemite and Redwoods and I enjoyed visiting LA, Palm Springs, San Diego and San Francisco. New York only has NYC worth visiting while New Jersey has nothing worth visiting. Used to think Atlantic City was cool but its just a smaller, colder version of Biloxi-Gulfport-Bay St Louis.
in all fairness, Californians (I can say this because I am one) are also the whiniest, especially the northern coast. This phenomena could be a reason Berkeley is considered the place where movements start. There are too many irrational idealists, which in my humble opinion is where this homeless epidemic began.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:25 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,360,699 times
Trump is the disgrace.

Old 09-21-2019, 12:44 AM

1,488 posts, read 872,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
President Trump was too nice when saying "disgrace".
The correct phrase is that California is a filthy, clogged, unflushed toilet to our country.

I haven't seen all of Taxifornia. But at least Los Angeles county is one expensive cesspool. I regret even wanting to live here.
Spoken by someone who can’t afford to live here...poor you

We have been here for 50 years...own two homes..and would never ever leave

Stay where you can afford to live..

Old 09-21-2019, 01:21 AM

1,488 posts, read 872,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevroqs View Post
Remember, Trump would have won the popular vote without California in 2016.

So if Trump is off the ballot in California, he could also win the popular vote in 2020.

Then states who would give electoral votes to the winner of the popular vote would have to give them to Trump, if he wins the popular vote in 2020.

Be careful what you wish for.
He
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies