Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 10:45 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This will be next week’s source of progressive outrage now that the Baltimore debacle is cooling off.

The week before Baltimore it was Trump’s “go back” comments.

The week before that it was the Mueller hearing.

It’s been like this for three years straight now: weekly groupthink meltdowns over instances of Trump still breathing.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
After some experience in this forum, I've decided to limit my responses to comments that seem to hit on something substantively worth commenting about. Most comments in this forum are hardly worth reading through because they are nothing but partisan pea-shooter drive-by comments that help some people get off by insulting others. Just ignorant. "Lather. Rinse. Repeat" is right. Ad nauseam...

This about the same old nonsense is about much the same sort of thing. Trump goes from one childish insult to the next, now to the point of creating a "new normal" that is about as presidential as Pee Wee Herman. All these claims about how liberal policy is cause for poverty, homelessness and crap on the streets in San Francisco is all the more ignorant. These are problems that are becoming more and more prevalent across the country, but not because of liberal policy! More prevalent and only to get worse if we don't wisen up fast.

What are the true better conservative policies? More often than not, they are non-existent or just kick the can (or homeless person) down the road for someone else to worry about. The next generation to worry about...

Like ANYONE in one of the most beautiful cities in the world wants people sleeping on the sidewalks and all the crap that goes along with (pun intended). You really have to be numb in the head not to understand why San Francisco, Los Angeles and some of the most wealthy areas in the country have not been able to solve the problem of homelessness to ANYONE'S satisfaction.

Even more numb in the head is to buy into Trump's all-too-easy punching bag tactics that are no more productive than all the stupid drive-by comments posted in these threads!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 10:47 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,984,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Well, if anyone would know about a "disgrace to our country" it would be Trump. He's the definition of the phrase.
Compared to whom? Compared to what political figure would you consider him a disgrace? What has he personally done to disgrace the country? To me, as an American, I go about my day to day and live my life without any ramifications of this so called disgrace to our country you so speak of.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:48 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,516,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
that's not all of california.

he is obviously talking about the downtown areas.
But that's not what he said.

He should sell his golf club to keep his words....what he actually said....from being empty.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:48 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,399,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Lots of non liberals would. You wouldn't consider them to be non liberals (which wouldn't change that they are non liberals) because you wouldn't be able to keep your sensitivity re those two terms from clouding your objectivity.
says a liberal

Old 08-03-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
you can't fix a problem unless you admit it exists first.
Just like with Baltimore, he's not bringing it up out of a sense of altruism to help the locale.

He's lashing out and bringing it up because Newsom signed a law that requires disclosure of tax returns in order to be on the ballot for President in California.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:55 AM

he's brought up baltimore because that baltimore person started attacking him.

if you attack Trump, he hits back.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
says a liberal
From your POV, but not from the POV of anyone with a sense of objectivity.

Your posts reveal that you think pretty much anyone who disagrees with you is a liberal.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:58 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,506,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
After some experience in this forum, I've decided to limit my responses to comments that seem to hit on something substantively worth commenting about. Most comments in this forum are hardly worth reading through because they are nothing but partisan pea-shooter drive-by comments that help some people get off by insulting others. Just ignorant. "Lather. Rinse. Repeat" is right. Ad nauseam...

This about the same old nonsense is about much the same sort of thing. Trump goes from one childish insult to the next, now to the point of creating a "new normal" that is about as presidential as Pee Wee Herman. All these claims about how liberal policy is cause for poverty, homelessness and crap on the streets in San Francisco is all the more ignorant. These are problems that are becoming more and more prevalent across the country, but not because of liberal policy! More prevalent and only to get worse if we don't wisen up fast.

What are the true better conservative policies? More often than not, they are non-existent or just kick the can (or homeless person) down the road for someone else to worry about. The next generation to worry about...

Like ANYONE in one of the most beautiful cities in the world wants people sleeping on the sidewalks and all the crap that goes along with (pun intended). You really have to be numb in the head not to understand why San Francisco, Los Angeles and some of the most wealthy areas in the country have not been able to solve the problem of homelessness to ANYONE'S satisfaction.

Even more numb in the head is to buy into Trump's all-too-easy punching bag tactics that are no more productive than all the stupid drive-by comments posted in these threads!
I agree with the bolded part. Trump responds to criticism with an unusual amount of rancor. Sometimes his retorts are applicable (Baltimore really IS in crappy shape) and other times he’s rather imaginative with his winding adventures of smack talk. No disagreement from me; I didn’t vote for him.

He isn’t the topic at the moment however, and while whataboutism certainly has a role in some discussion, how Trump behaves isn’t at all the topic at hand.

I’m a San Francisco native by the way, and still recall when Newsom paid off the homeless to go somewhere else. That wasn’t much of a policy; it just offered us a bit of breathing room while the homeless all settled down south to be a thorn in LA’s side. This too has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

Old 08-03-2019, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
From your POV, but not from the POV of anyone with a sense of objectivity.

Your posts reveal that you think pretty much anyone who disagrees with you is a liberal.
or I think you are liberal based on your posts on here

Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
he's brought up baltimore because that baltimore person started attacking him.

if you attack Trump, he hits back.
So if a politician attacks him, he should attack where that politician lives and not the politician himself? Doesn't make much sense. And as others have said, he is the President of all of America not just the conservative areas. Trump is a disgrace to the office of the President.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies