Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Oh for heavens sake, that has nothing to do with problems Ca has right now, starting with their governor.
No, but it is why Trump is upset.

And I agree with you. I'd rather see someone else as Governor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 11:00 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,404,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

He's lashing out and bringing it up because Newsom signed a law that requires disclosure of tax returns in order to be on the ballot for President in California.

that's going to be a problem for Democrats, not trump and republicans who can't win CA.

i don't think Trump is worried about that.

Are Democrats in Cali worried Trump could win the state now? That seems to be only reason to pass a law like that all of a sudden.

perhaps Democrats in CA should focus on making California a more sanitary place rather than Trump's tax returns.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
So if a politician attacks him, he should attack where that politician lives and not the politician himself? Doesn't make much sense. And as others have said, he is the President of all of America not just the conservative areas. Trump is a disgrace to the office of the President.
he attacked the politician for not doing anything about the problems in his community.

That politician also said the same thing about Baltimore in the past.

you are doing fake outrage.

baltimore does have a rat problem, it does have a crime problem. saying something true can't be an attack.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:19 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
Compared to whom? Compared to what political figure would you consider him a disgrace? What has he personally done to disgrace the country? To me, as an American, I go about my day to day and live my life without any ramifications of this so called disgrace to our country you so speak of.
Anyone who has participated in this forum since Trump became POTUS has seen the answer to your question posted countless times in countless ways, so how can the question be asked yet again I wonder...

Surely the reason has nothing to do with the question not being answered countless times in countless ways. What then is the reason if anyone is really attempting any intelligent understanding of the Trump dynamic that has gripped America since Trump took office?

Old 08-03-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
he's brought up baltimore because that baltimore person started attacking him.

if you attack Trump, he hits back.
You're contradicting yourself.

You've said he's identifying the problem (motivated by altruism/wanting to help/wanting to foster improvement) and now you're saying he's motivated by the Baltimore person attacking him (which I agree with you on). You can't have it both ways.

If you really mean that he brought up Baltimore because the other person attacked him then, although we'd agree on that, the difference between us is that you think that's fine, and I think it's unpresidential and 'punching down', and not everyone who agrees with me on that is 'a liberal', even though you are incapable of seeing that.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:24 AM

Quote:
You're contradicting yourself.

You've said he's identifying the problem (motivated by altruism/wanting to help/wanting to foster improvement) and now you're saying he's motivated by the Baltimore person attacking him (which I agree with you on). You can't have it both ways.

If you really mean that he brought up Baltimore because the other person attacked him then, although we'd agree on that, the difference between us is that you think that's fine, and I think it's unpresidential and 'punching down', and not everyone who agrees with me on that is 'a liberal', even though you are incapable of seeing that.
You are not on here blasting the Baltimore guy for falsely calling Trump a racist. There was no altruism in Cumming's false assertion. It doesn't solve any problems.

You haven't shown that it isn't a problem in Baltimore yet you are still complaining about Trump's comments. You don't appear able to handle the truth.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
or I think you are liberal based on your posts on here
Which doesn't make me a liberal. It just means that you've called me a liberal.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Which doesn't make me a liberal. It just means that you've called me a liberal.
there are a lot of liberals who don't want to admit it for some reason....

You can't provide any logical reason why Trump should not have responded strongly to Cummings false accusation. if Democrat's look for Trump's attention, they shouldn't get mad when gives them his attention.

I think it relevant to point out a guy calling Trump racist hasn't done anything solve poverty in his own district.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:26 AM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Then why not stop Tweeting.

Even some Trump supporters on CD have posted that he would be better off if someone took his phone away.
They may have said that, but they are wrong.
If Obama had tweeted his thoughts he may have had one term, but not two. Benghazi would have stopped him, or if not that his open mic comments about the message to Putin.

Old 08-03-2019, 11:31 AM

Rolling over when somebody calls you a racist is the worst thing you can do if you are a politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies