Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 11:59 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,390,618 times

Advertisements

The worst areas in those states are overwhelmingly majority Democrat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 12:00 PM

6,926 posts, read 6,931,152 times
Trump hates America. He hates San Francisco and Baltimore. He calls cities in the United States that are mostly black cities rodent and rat infested "where nobody would ever want to live." He hates mostly Hispanic Puerto Rico and baulks at sending the US citizens who live there disaster aid for Hurricane Maria. He hates California so much that he threatens that state with the loss of Federal assistance for fighting wildfires because they don't know how to "rake the forests." Yet this summer while Siberia is being consumed with wildfires, Trump wasted no time in calling up his BFF Vladimir Putin to offer fire fighting assistance courtesy of your tax payers dollars.

Remember how just a few years ago, Donald Trump actually referred to the United States itself as a Hellhole before he got elected, and talked about how horrible the country was, how downhill it was going? California has committed the unpardonable sin of being a blue state under the administration of a republican wanna-be dictator. And the Trump crowd on this forum are all too happy to join together in hatred for blue states and cities. I've seen posts here about how California deserves to be nuked by North Korea - simply astonishing.

America, love it or leave it. It's high past time for Trump to ask asylum in Russia. I bet they have a cage already set up for him.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:00 PM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Instead of "making America great again" tRump now picks out pieces of America to hate on.

And, as this thread so clearly illustrates, his Trumplings follow their leader.

Republi-lemmings?

Making America Hate again. Thats our President.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Whether it's true or not (and IMO, my home state has a laundry list of problems), he shouldn't be saying it.

He's the POTUS, he's not the president of all states except California.

Oakformonday is right. He's butt hurt re the law Newsom signed. The only legitimate reason I can see that he should care is a fear that that might happen in a swing state.
This.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
Trump is a disgrace to the country.
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
He may not be the president you wanted or voted for but he doesn't have any of the problems Los Angeles and San Francisco have, as well as even San Diego. He is completely right about Ca which is so sad. I was born and raised there and am sad when I think about what the state has become.
He may not be the President that I wanted or vote for, but he still the President of the United States, which includes California, whether he likes that or not.

That is no way for a President to talk about his own People.
If he does not like Baltimore or California perhaps he should set about trying to fix them, instead of hating on them like
some sort of spoiled little child.

He claimed that we had so many problems, and yet only he could fix them.
He isn't even trying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
We need a president that actually loves America.
Trump has Narcissistic Personality Disorder, the only thing that he loves is himself.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:01 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,803,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Trump hates America. He hates San Francisco and Baltimore. He calls cities in the United States that are mostly black cities rodent and rat infested "where nobody would ever want to live." He hates mostly Hispanic Puerto Rico and baulks at sending the US citizens who live there disaster aid for Hurricane Maria. He hates California so much that he threatens that state with the loss of Federal assistance for fighting wildfires because they don't know how to "rake the forests." Yet this summer while Siberia is being consumed with wildfires, Trump wasted no time in calling up his BFF Vladimir Putin to offer fire fighting assistance courtesy of your tax payers dollars.

Remember how just a few years ago, Donald Trump actually referred to the United States itself as a Hellhole before he got elected, and talked about how horrible the country was, how downhill it was going? California has committed the unpardonable sin of being a blue state under the administration of a republican wanna-be dictator. And the Trump crowd on this forum are all too happy to join together in hatred for blue states and cities. I've seen posts here about how California deserves to be nuked by North Korea - simply astonishing.

America, love it or leave it. It's high past time for Trump to ask asylum in Russia. I bet they have a cage already set up for him.
To Trump, 'American' means white heterosexual evangelical Christian and nobody else applies. If you aren't part of the target audience for the movie 'God's Not Dead', you aren't even an American in Trump's America.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post

Democrats support a politician who thinks 9-11 was no big deal and Al Queda is no worse than the United States, and support atheletes who kneel during national anthem. The left smears the police and border control agents every day.

but Trump hates America? ok

Old 08-03-2019, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
To Trump, 'American' means white heterosexual evangelical Christian and nobody else applies. If you aren't part of the target audience for the movie 'God's Not Dead', you aren't even an American in Trump's America.
Liberals believe that anybody who does not support Democrats is a racist and Russia agent.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:05 PM

72,965 posts, read 62,547,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/
As someone who sees California as part of this country, I don't think Trump should have said what he said. Calling an entire state a "disgrace", it's divisive, and it wasn't called for. Trump could have criticized the governor of California for his policies, he could have said that the concept of sanctuary cities are a disgrace. But when you're the President of the USA, you're the President of every state. Calling an entire state a disgrace will further turn people against Trump. You don't get more votes by insulting one's state. Trump is suppose to bring unity to this country. Calling California a disgrace isn't going to make America great.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:07 PM

Voting Democrat in California is not going to make California great.

California was a much better place to live when Republicans won it back in the day.

Old 08-03-2019, 12:08 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,843,220 times
California is the state that I think of as the "I only care about me" and cheating on taxes is a way of life...

Old 08-03-2019, 12:08 PM

14,756 posts, read 8,090,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Not sure I follow since the topic of this thread is what Trump says about California...

First is to consider the source and how this is typical of Trump. Insulting, absolutely unproductive, and divisive...

Hold Trump or any American (or anyone posting in this forum) to a higher standard, and you just may get to the heart of what the real source of these problems actually are, including California's. Then maybe a better bi-partisan approach to addressing them is possible, but first it sure seems to me one has to call out the Trump BS for what it is.

Otherwise Trump continues to intoxicate his following with the same thing over and over in unrelenting fashion. Distancing himself and his followers further and further from fair and objective reason and logic. Serious problem this, because this core base that is notably older white conservative male is coalescing in a way that the rest of a more diverse America is not able. (Over two-thirds of America is white). Trump's advantage is to appeal to those who mostly want to keep it that way and let's face it, many white Americans still do.

Meaning, Trump is the wrong person surrounded by the wrong people very likely at the expense of most all other Americans the next election yet again. Few thought it possible then and now few if any seem able to overcome this sad dynamic going forward.
Well said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies