Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 03:52 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times

Advertisements

Trump: California ‘a disgrace to our country’

California: Trump ‘a disgrace to our country’
New York: Trump ‘a disgrace to our country’
Illinois: Trump ‘a disgrace to our country’

Putin: Trump ‘a disgrace to that country’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 03:53 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,212,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Sorry, but the above is more truth than Trump lovers and supporters can take.
Truth?

Quote:
Under Trump the top 10% is paying little to no taxes at all while the working class is paying the freight to run the country.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:53 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
I meant don't turn to crime or do drugs for starters.
I haven't turned to crime. I know people that I went to high school with who have turned to crime and drugs. One person I went to high school with is in prison for murder. I know a guy who got busted for burglary. I have a few classmates who got into drugs.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:54 PM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
one has to wonder how much extra time & money & lack of problems the legislatures and AG offices in various dark blue states have on their hands with their rushed through legislation crafted to address Trump, and lawsuits for any executive order applied.
And all of the filthy streets with human feces, horrible poverty, jacked up housing costs b/c of anti-growth policy, etc.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:58 PM

Conservatives can't solve every problem like crime and failure in schools but we don't add to problems by supporting open borders and sanctuary cities. republican party has also tougher on crime party and supports vouchers to allow parents to send their kids to other schools, which Democrats oppose.

If you go downtown in Greenville, Huntsville, etc , the streets are not filthy like San Fran and LA. rats are not running around.

it's a fact that California has become less safe and more expensive and more filthy since Republicans were able to win the governorship and pick up the state in presidential elections.

the high crime areas with low ranked schools in the south overwhelmingly vote Democrat.

Old 08-03-2019, 03:59 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
There are good points and bad points about Alabama. Alabama is not my cup of tea. Neither is Mississippi. If I had my pick of southern states, Tennessee and North Carolina would be on my list, and Virginia too.
Yeah, I like Tennessee, especially part of the area around Chattanooga, part of the area around Nashville (Franklin, Brentwood, Leiper's Fork), and part of the area around Knoxville (although CD member expatCA, until recently, lived in that area and he has posted that the air quality can take a toll if you actually live there).

Quote:
My point is this. Someone brought up that California was better when it was ran by Republicans. I answered by saying that it depends. If you lived in San Diego or Silicon Valley, of course. If you lived in East L.A., South Central L.A., parts of Oakland, southeast San Francisco (Bayview-Hunters Point), or Compton, life was often not nice. Drugs, poverty, violence, blight in those areas.

And I brought up Alabama to drive the point further home. Alabama is a Republican-led state. It ranks near the bottom in terms of education. It has one of the highest murder rates in the USA. It has one of the highest poverty rates in the USA. And while some suburbs in the Birmingham area are nice, Birmingham proper is in rough shape. A murder rate of 52 murders per 100,000. A city which has been declining in population since the 1960s. Alabama is a Republican state, but it has alot of places that are in bad shape. Birmingham, Fairfield, Bessemer, Pritchard, Anniston, Selma. And then Alabama also has the Black Belt region. One of the poorest areas in the country.
Noted. Although some of those areas of California have also been bad under Democrat 'rule'.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:02 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,285,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I worked for that money too...but I don’t live in a bubble, I live in a civilized society. I want clean air, safe food, safe drinking water, security, road safety, good schools, social safety net.....good public infrastructure which doesn’t pay for itself. And I want this under control of government by the people because I don’t trust private corporations who follow the profit motive and take short cuts and are not democratically accountable to the people.
You must not live in California because they are not meeting any of those obligations. Bottom in infrastructure, education, affordability, housing. High in government inefficiency, waste, corruption, homeless, poor, illegals.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:03 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Texas, a disgrace to our country - can't even walk into a Wad-Mart there in safety.

Murder and gun violence rate 3X higher than New England. A disgrace I tell you.

Trump even thinks the places he lives are a disgrace. Even been to W. Palm Beach? NYC?

Basically, he's anti-American. He thinks we all are a disgrace...except Putin of course.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:05 PM

73,007 posts, read 62,598,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Yeah, I like Tennessee, especially part of the area around Chattanooga, part of the area around Nashville (Franklin, Brentwood, Leiper's Fork), and part of the area around Knoxville (although CD member expatCA, until recently, lived in that area and he has posted that the air quality can take a toll if you actually live there).

Noted. Although some of those areas of California have also been bad under Democrat 'rule'.
In Tennessee, Nashville is my favorite.

Many areas in California have been in bad shape under Republican or Democratic rule. Party doesn't seem to matter.

Old 08-03-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Texas, a disgrace to our country - can't even walk into a Wad-Mart there in safety.

Murder and gun violence rate 3X higher than New England. A disgrace I tell you.

Trump even thinks the places he lives are a disgrace. Even been to W. Palm Beach? NYC?

Basically, he's anti-American. He thinks we all are a disgrace...except Putin of course.
says supporters of Omar who dismissed 9-11 as no big deal and said America is no better than Al Queda. Ya'll get mad if Trump and conservatives suggest she go back to her home country if she thinks America is the devil.

liberals love athletes kneeling during the national athem which Trump criticizes because he hates America. lol

so patriotic.

you are doing Soviet style propaganda here, saying the opposite of the truth is the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies