Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 10:21 AM

29,548 posts, read 9,716,744 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
He doesn't give a rat's *ss about California as far as reelection goes.....

It's always going to be a blue state.

All Newsom did was make California look even worse.
More like California saying not only "no" to Trump but "Hell no!"

Not sure how that makes California look worse other than for Trump supporters. Though there are still too many Trump supporters, there sure are also lots of millions of Americans who are not at all similarly enamored...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2019, 10:24 AM

225 posts, read 144,360 times
Have a nice day everyone.

Last edited by trouillot; 08-05-2019 at 10:55 AM..

Old 08-05-2019, 10:24 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Hah, I'd forgotten he even managed to lose Orange County in 2016. First time it went blue since 1936...

In the meantime, the CA GOP put up lovable candidates like Duncan Hunter who spent election funds on his family vacations, his extramarital affairs (and on flying the family's pet rabbit) and claimed his shorts as golf balls for a veteran's charity. And who threw his wife under the bus when first found out, probably something to do with family values. He is now fund-raising for his legal defense based on the fact that his opponent has a scary-sounding name. Admittedly, a sizable portion of his constituents are well up in years and probably think they're still voting for his father.

If that's the best the CA GOP has to offer, well....
I wasn't sticking up for Trump. I was just pointing out that the entire cost/all coastal cities haven't gone blue....yet, and that Trump's bumbling may make an entirely blue 'edge of the coast' a reality, or at least closer to it.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
You don't see their representatives making fools of themselves calling him racist, Hitler, white nationalist, among other things, demanding impeachment, now do you? He fights fire with fire. MSM bashes and says it's okay to bash the President, but when he does it he has to be held accountable. Nice double standard. That's why he has so many fans because he sees right through it and basically tells them to fk off.

That's false. Your CA state income tax dollars are for California services, like giving illegals healthcare. So make sure you work extra hard.
I can understand how some Trump supporters simply can't see the "error" in Trump's ways, and I can explain how that can be, but best I don't to keep it civil here. What I surely don't understand, however, is how Trump supporters don't seem to notice all these sorts of nasty people who claim Trump as their leader. Do Trump supporters not ask themselves why these racist, white supremacist, fascist types endorse Trump and carry out their hateful ways in his name?

It's like not understanding why flies are attracted to a big pile of poop. How can someone not ask why all those flies continue to congregate like they do? Not just one or two flies but lots of them, over and over, in Trump's camp!

Why would anyone at a Trump rally chant "send her back, send her back?" How likely would such a thing be at any other rally? Any rally not promoted by David Duke or someone like that? Wake up already!

Old 08-05-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
You don't see their representatives making fools of themselves calling him racist, Hitler, white nationalist, among other things, demanding impeachment, now do you? He fights fire with fire. MSM bashes and says it's okay to bash the President, but when he does it he has to be held accountable. Nice double standard. That's why he has so many fans because he sees right through it and basically tells them to fk off.
Trump does "fight fire with fire."

Something like a firefighter thinking to manage a controlled burn that turns into a blaze all around him. Some might think maybe water would work better at some point, but not Trump or his followers!

Old 08-05-2019, 10:41 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Trump does "fight fire with fire."

Something like a firefighter thinking to manage a controlled burn that turns into a blaze all around him. Some might think maybe water would work better at some point, but not Trump or his followers!
Fighting fire with fire only works when there is no fire. A controlled burn only works to burn off debris, to prevent fire. If a fire is already there, fighting fire with fire only causes more fire. In this case, Trump is only creating more fires.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Do you think the LAO, SOURCE: California Legislative Analyst's Office, could be a bit biased.

"for salaries and wages, grants, contracts, retirement benefits and other benefits."

I DON'T see anything about how much the DoD spends by having so many military bases there.

Or how much those bases CONTRIBUTE to the Ca economy.

As they say, figures DON'T lie BUT, liars figure"
Not sure where you are from or where you've been, but the net federal tax contributions from California as compared to other states, and/or the positive vs negative, have been widely reported for ages now, state by state...

Dismissing a source like the LAO seems to establish whether you are more interested in the "liars" or the figures, because these same sorts of statistics are done in each state and also at the federal level. Comes a point when even your confirmation bias has to accept the truth reported just about everywhere.

If you would like to consider the truth of these matters in terms of other contributions as well, you can also look at which states rank highest among enlisted military recruits. Number of military bases by state. Yes. Why in California? To boost the CA economy you think? Or is it to protect a major food source for the rest of America too? Not the primary reason of course, but might as well look at how states rank in terms of agriculture supply for the rest of the country too while we're looking at your figures. Right? All of them.

What is spent or contributed in or out of each state in these respects at the federal/national level applies in the same way, so you'll need to do a little better research if you want to present your opinion in a fair, reasonable and intelligent manner. Takes more than old short catchy one-liner quotes.

Or if you like those, here's one better suited for you...

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong." -- H. L. Mencken

Old 08-05-2019, 10:48 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,179,081 times
Wait a minute, I thought if you didn't love America you had to leave?

Old 08-05-2019, 10:51 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
As a Californian, I absolutely agree!

https://www.mercurynews.com/2019/08/...o-our-country/
I second that!

Old 08-05-2019, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
IMO, only exceeded by Seattle (within the U.S.).

I hope you're being hyperbolic re the bolded, as I assume you realize that there are a number of vibrant, growing, nice places outside of California that would probably be considered to 'the right' of California where being sans a MAGA hat and a bible is perfectly acceptable.
Yes. Seattle is another one of those sorts of spots blessed with much going for it including lots of natural beauty not far from Seattle proper, and yes again when it comes to parts of California that remain Trump strongholds. I've got a very good friend who has a vacation home in a desert community where Trump rules the hearts and minds of just about everyone there. Trump decals and posters, MAGA hats, American flags, guns and the Bible are as much a part of the landscaping there as the cactus. I know all too well of what you speak, and quite frankly they, much like my good friend, are good people who I enjoy spending time with.

The politics, however, exclusively Fox News there too...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies