Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2019, 08:01 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,094,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
This will be next week’s source of progressive outrage now that the Baltimore debacle is cooling off.

The week before Baltimore it was Trump’s “go back” comments.

The week before that it was the Mueller hearing.

It’s been like this for three years straight now: weekly groupthink meltdowns over instances of Trump still breathing.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.
I'm repping you for making me laugh out loud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2019, 12:19 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I can see why that would make you dislike Hillary (I can't stand her either), but why does that mean liking/approving of Trump ?
I don't like Trump.

I like his policies.

I like the people he has put on the Supreme Court.

I like he fact that he's on my side.

It's not a problem for Trump that I happen to have been born both white and male.

Old 08-11-2019, 12:38 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Atlanta is is unofficial capital of the South.

Not saying economists are full of it, but there is A LOT going on in Atlanta.
https://www.chron.com/life/article/H...h-14082261.php

https://www.khou.com/video/features/...c-a9d88d827a04

https://www.tramarketplace.com/sites...als%20full.pdf

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/56083957839845701/

Old 08-11-2019, 12:45 AM

23,219 posts, read 29,040,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
Even the leftwing NPR recognizes San Fran is a disgrace.

https://www.npr.org/2018/08/01/63462...nd-human-feces

The NBC Bay Area Investigative Unit surveyed 153 blocks of the city in February, finding giant mounds of trash and food on the majority of streets. At least 100 discarded needles and more than 300 piles of human feces were also found in downtown San Francisco, according to the report.

'Dr. Lee Riley, an infectious disease expert at the University of California, Berkeley, told NBC Bay Area that dried feces can release dangerous viruses, such as rotavirus, which is the most common cause of diarrhea in infants and children worldwide. Getting pricked with discarded drug needles can also spread HIV, hepatitis C and hepatitis B, among other viruses, Riley said.

"The contamination [in San Fran] is ... much greater than communities in Brazil or Kenya or India," says Riley, who researched health conditions caused by extreme poverty in some of the world's poorest regions.'
And to whom do we point a finger or 2 at? Point them up hill where the Nimby's from the Hills don't want any structure higher than 3 stories to block their view of the San Fran-Nimby-o Bay!

Old 08-11-2019, 12:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RowingFiend View Post
The left wants the doormat Republicans back. The ones who wouldn't fight back against their endless and baseless smears and character assassinations.

Those days are over, thankfully.
Acting Presidential doesn't make someone a doormat. President and 5 star General Dwight David Eisenhower was presidential, and I can't imagine anyone saying he was a doormat.

Wanting a President to act Presidential doesn't make someone 'on the left' either.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodyfromnc View Post
California is probably the most naturally beautiful state our country has to offer. Shame what the left has done to it.
IMO, Washington exceeds it...and I'm a 5th Generation California native.. I've never been to Hawaii nor Alaska though.

Old 08-11-2019, 01:27 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Quote:
Acting Presidential doesn't make someone a doormat. President and 5 star General Dwight David Eisenhower was presidential, and I can't imagine anyone saying he was a doormat.

Wanting a President to act Presidential doesn't make someone 'on the left' either.
You come across as somebody who wants to scold somebody for something.

What does Trump do that is 'unpresidential'.

he doesn't have Eisenhower's personality so he's not 'Presidential'?

Old 08-11-2019, 02:07 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
IMO, Washington exceeds it...and I'm a 5th Generation California native.. I've never been to Hawaii nor Alaska though.
Hawaii is stunning. Even better than CA IMO, and I grew up in CA and have lots of relatives there still. Possibly depends on what part of CA one grows up in... It was southern for me and I adore the beaches, tropical plants, and so on. Oh I miss them so. Hawaii takes that to the next level. Went there for a couple weeks for honeymoon and hope to go back there sooner rather than later.

Old 08-11-2019, 04:06 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,113,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemVegas View Post
You come across as somebody who wants to scold somebody for something.

What does Trump do that is 'unpresidential'.

he doesn't have Eisenhower's personality so he's not 'Presidential'?
Most everything?

No, it's not because he doesn't have a personality just like Eisenhower. That's just an example of someone who could be a good leader without being considered weak as an illustration its possible.

The president is supposed to act like the leader of the whole country, so we could look at the general traits of a good leader to start..

I deliberately chose an article about great leaders that was published before he announced his candidacy to make sure it wasn't influenced by his leadership style or anything like that.

https://csuglobal.edu/blog/make-indi...ship-potential

Two that especially stand out as reasons he isn't presidential:

Quote:
.Honesty – You should always be honest. If you are not, no one will respect or trust you. Generally, people want to work with others they feel have integrity and will lead them on the right path.

Cooperation – You need to get to along with others and be able to handle disagreements professionally, and not just within your department, but across the organization. It’s okay to disagree with others, but how you handle those disagreements will really show whether or not you have what it takes to lead.
The way he lashes back at any criticism or just is combative in many situations isn't something I would let my small children get away with. My little kids behave better than he does a lot of the time, period. That's kinda depressing.

There are ways to be assertive without being a jerk or a bully. There really, truly, are.

It's late, but there's a start.

Old 08-11-2019, 08:03 AM

10,105 posts, read 7,402,235 times
Democrats president and other politicians lash out at critics all the time. That doesn't bother you because you agree with them.

You don't complain about Democrats attacking him, only Trump responding to them.

Your side concocted a Russia collusion plot and smeared Trump with it for two years then you want to talk about honesty?

Trump's not your little kid.

Trump's not the leader of the entire country, he's the representative of the people who voted for him. If he's representing liberal interests, then he lied to his voters and you said honesty is important to being a good leader.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies