Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2019, 06:07 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
This is where you outline who gave you authority to define what is America and what isn't.
Let's call it what it is. Said person has a disdain for California to the point of not wanting it to be part of the USA. California has been a U.S. state since 1850. I don't see it going anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2019, 06:36 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,666,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I don't know if you do, but if you think that most of his rants back at other people on Twitter, and his in person attacks on people's physical appearance, etc. are a sign of strength, then nothing is probably going to sway you from that feeling.
No. But it must be said that the vast majority of the time he's just fighting fire with fire. Keep in mind he has been smeared like no other President (in my life at least) since the day he announced he was running in 2015. The dems and news spent 2 years prosecuting him for BS he didn't even do. I don't blame him for being nasty back to people, but the personal attacks about weight, etc. yes are very out of line. But most of the time he just says what everyone else is thinking. I've been told I do that before, so I can sort of relate.

I do love how he has exposed the fake news, he will go down in history for that- that will be his legacy.

I personally get a kick of watching clips of him calling them out...the Jim Acosta thing was epic. And it proves that the news is bull****, Acosta had to get one more question in there completely unrelated about the Russia hoax....which turned out to also be bull****.

I personally find this epic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v3abZ4aAGUU

And he is right about CNN--their ratings are awful. Like I said earlier, The Hallmark Channel and TLC have more primetime viewers than CNN. That's pathetic, but deserved. CNN is the worst.

Quote:
Almost. You still have the Hall Tax for another 16 1/2 months .
It doesn't end until 2022. Nevertheless it doesn't affect me. But you gotta love TN...we have the lowest taxes in the nation and all the politicians do is talk about how we can pay even less. Even the democrats tread very lightly, lol.

Old 08-14-2019, 09:35 PM

1,438 posts, read 778,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
No. But it must be said that the vast majority of the time he's just fighting fire with fire. Keep in mind he has been smeared like no other President (in my life at least) since the day he announced he was running in 2015. The dems and news spent 2 years prosecuting him for BS he didn't even do. I don't blame him for being nasty back to people, but the personal attacks about weight, etc. yes are very out of line. But most of the time he just says what everyone else is thinking. I've been told I do that before, so I can sort of relate.

I do love how he has exposed the fake news, he will go down in history for that- that will be his legacy.

I personally get a kick of watching clips of him calling them out...the Jim Acosta thing was epic. And it proves that the news is bull****, Acosta had to get one more question in there completely unrelated about the Russia hoax....which turned out to also be bull****.

And he is right about CNN--their ratings are awful. Like I said earlier, The Hallmark Channel and TLC have more primetime viewers than CNN. That's pathetic, but deserved. CNN is the worst.

It doesn't end until 2022. Nevertheless it doesn't affect me. But you gotta love TN...we have the lowest taxes in the nation and all the politicians do is talk about how we can pay even less. Even the democrats tread very lightly, lol.
And yet TN is one is one the poorest states in the country. Ranked in the bottom percentile in education, healthcare, poverty, etc. Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, are the prime examples of the failures of American conservatism. And the one successful area in Tennessee, Nashville/Davidson County, is unsurpringly overwhelmingly liberal.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABESTA535 View Post
And yet TN is one is one the poorest states in the country. Ranked in the bottom percentile in education, healthcare, poverty, etc. Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, are the prime examples of the failures of American conservatism. And the one successful area in Tennessee, Nashville/Davidson County, is unsurpringly overwhelmingly liberal.
Tennessee is poor?

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-sta...scal-stability

Plenty of successful areas around here that aren't Nashville.

That said, I'm glad Nashville is booming. Just, people need to leave the California bull**** back with them.

Nashville has one of the best hospitals in the Southeast, Vanderbilt, along with that University.

And then there's UT also.

What state do you live in? California? You are by farrrr #1 for poverty.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:23 PM

5,790 posts, read 3,595,865 times
If California is a disgrace to our country, what do you say about Mississippi and Alabama?

I suggest another comparison - note well I'm giving the benefit of the doubt (taking the most prosperous red and blue states of roughly similar population and economic roles. OK, I'll pick two of each:

Minnesota, Georgia, Washington (State), North Carolina. Then and only then can you consider California and Texas.

Old 08-14-2019, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
If California is a disgrace to our country, what do you say about Mississippi and Alabama?

I suggest another comparison - note well I'm giving the benefit of the doubt (taking the most prosperous red and blue states of roughly similar population and economic roles. OK, I'll pick two of each:

Minnesota, Georgia, Washington (State), North Carolina. Then and only then can you consider California and Texas.
I wouldn't want to live in MS or AL either, but they don't have Governors welcoming illegals in and offering to pay for their health care.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:12 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:

Nope.

According to the Tennessee Department of Revenue the first year without the tax is the tax year that starts on January 1st, 2021....16 1/2 months from now:

https://revenue.support.tn.gov/hc/en...come-tax-rate-

I agree. You gotta love Tennessee, for low taxes and a number of other reasons.

I'm fond of the setting around Chattanooga, and the proximity to Atlanta, and wouldn't rule out living there at some point.

I have friends (two different households in particular) who live in Williamson County (the Franklin/Brentwood area...suburban Nashville), and I like that area, and the drive out to Leiper's Fork.

I also like your metro as well.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:14 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,142 times
Kentucky takes the lead.
Calif. s clean.

Old 08-14-2019, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Nope.

According to the Tennessee Department of Revenue the first year without the tax is the tax year that starts on January 1st, 2021....16 1/2 months from now:

https://revenue.support.tn.gov/hc/en...come-tax-rate-

I agree. You gotta love Tennessee, for low taxes and a number of other reasons.

I'm fond of the setting around Chattanooga, and the proximity to Atlanta, and wouldn't rule out living there at some point.

I have friends (two different households in particular) who live in Williamson County (the Franklin/Brentwood area...suburban Nashville), and I like that area, and the drive out to Leiper's Fork.

I also like your metro as well.
Lol, ok, I'm glad you're right; the sooner the better.

Chatt is nice, it has a really nice downtown. And it would be nice to be an hour and change away from ATL.

Knoxville is more known for the metro areas and suburbs than its downtown, though it is getting nice down there too. It's completely different than it was 20 years ago.

Old 08-15-2019, 05:44 AM

5,067 posts, read 1,664,586 times
Quote:
Knoxville is more known for the metro areas and suburbs than its downtown, though it is getting nice down there too. It's completely different than it was 20 years ago.

Many places are...many Democratic-run hell holes are generally worse. Please note, I said generally before some brain child rushes in with the very tired "not all" defense on this. I did not say all of them are worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies