Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 05:47 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,600,389 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Do you also believe the bigfoot myth?

Sorry, but the "switch" myth was devised by the left to reduce their guilt.

I've busted that myth many many many times on this forum.
links please
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2019, 05:50 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
links please
Sorry, but bigfoot believers believe the myth regardless.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Sorry, but bigfoot believers believe the myth regardless.
nevermind i just looked myself and found link from right wing radio talk show host who go on and on using the word "Democrat" instead of the more descriptive "Conservative" southern democrats....

i come from a family of democratic support and AM aware of Woodrow Wilson's racism as well as supreme court justices with KKK membership...my grandmother came from Poland and in the 1920s the KKK burnt crosses accross the street being Polish AND Catholic lol...you will find for your own enlightenment that substituting "Conservative" for "Democrat" eliminates much confusion and clarifies things

Old 08-03-2019, 06:08 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
Demwits created the KKK so I can see why they are so invested in keep it around.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:41 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,550,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Demwits created the KKK so I can see why they are so invested in keep it around.
And republiCONS have happy embraced the KKK and openly welcomed them into their party. Just ask David Duke.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:56 PM

i just read a holocaust survivors quotation "there are 10 percent hateful mean people in this world who will always be that way, there are 10 percent good people who will do good no matter what...its the other 80 percent who could go either way

that's about the size of it folks

Old 08-03-2019, 06:58 PM

37,169 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
This is the message I seem to be picking up from certain political quarters.

The KKK was formed in 1866. According to liberal Columbia U. historian Eric Foner, it was a "military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party." What is not often remembered is that the KKK was not just anti-black, but also strongly anti-Semitic and anti-Catholic.

Today we see a surge of anti-Semitism. About a month after Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared the 'BDS' (boycott, divest, sanction) movement against Israel to be anti-Semitic, a pro-BDS resolution was introduced by Ilhan Omar (D,MN). Democratic presidential candidates flock around, and fawn over, Rev. Al Sharpton, who once said, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

There is also increasing anti-Catholicism in evidence. During a judicial confirmation hearing of Amy Coney Barrett, who is Catholic, a Senator attacked her saying, "the dogma lives loudly within you...."

In a recent talk, Rep. (and 'squad' member) Ayanna Pressley (D,MA) said, "We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice." In other words, thought must comport with skin color. Exactly what the KKK would have promoted and pursued.

Virginia governor Ralph Northam posed for a photo of a man in blackface, and another in KKK garb. Not as a 14 or 15-yr. old, but as a 25-yr-old medical student. No problem--he's now a great hero in certain quarters.

If you like your Klan, you can keep your Klan!
Instead of "Democrats", read it as "conservatives". The party of Lincoln in those days, the one that freed the slaves, was the "Liberal" party. John Wilkes Booth was a conservative.

Hope this clears up your misconceptions.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:01 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
And republiCONS have happy embraced the KKK and openly welcomed them into their party. Just ask David Duke.
Continue to make up things that aren't true.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:10 PM

to be fair its david duke who endorsed trump not the other way around

We are determined to take our country back,” Duke said from the rally, calling it a “turning point.” “We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in. That’s why we voted for Donald Trump, because he said he’s going to take our country back.”

https://www.vox.com/2017/8/12/161383...david-duke-kkk

Old 08-03-2019, 07:13 PM

4,254 posts, read 3,174,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Conservatives love to play the KKK is Democrat game. Only the ignorant who don't know history take the bait. Most people know better.

Once upon a time the northern Republicans were liberal, while the southern Dixiecrats were conservative. Then they switched sides. The liberal Democrats kicked the KKK out of the party in 1965. The KKK then fell into the loving arms of the newly conservative Republican party, where they still are today.
All 150 to 200 of them. The KKK was still very active in NC up until the mid/late 80's. Guess who ran the state at that point in time?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies