Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2019, 11:20 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
once again,,the KKK was created by Conservatives who were democratic for one because they were NOT gonna have nothing to do with any party that freed the slaves...as northern democrats became more liberal oriented the conservative south became Dixiecrat and more and more separate....if the word "conservative" is used in stead of democrat one will see little change in behavior..except for the extremist of BOTH lol

huh, no
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 12:08 AM

2,486 posts, read 1,419,042 times
Dont even mention the klan because just the word creates upset black people and we dont need that now.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:16 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,111,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
This is the message I seem to be picking up from certain political quarters.

The KKK was formed in 1866. According to liberal Columbia U. historian Eric Foner, it was a "military force serving the interests of the Democratic Party." What is not often remembered is that the KKK was not just anti-black, but also strongly anti-Semitic and anti-Catholic.

Today we see a surge of anti-Semitism. About a month after Speaker Nancy Pelosi declared the 'BDS' (boycott, divest, sanction) movement against Israel to be anti-Semitic, a pro-BDS resolution was introduced by Ilhan Omar (D,MN). Democratic presidential candidates flock around, and fawn over, Rev. Al Sharpton, who once said, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

There is also increasing anti-Catholicism in evidence. During a judicial confirmation hearing of Amy Coney Barrett, who is Catholic, a Senator attacked her saying, "the dogma lives loudly within you...."

In a recent talk, Rep. (and 'squad' member) Ayanna Pressley (D,MA) said, "We don’t need any more brown faces that don’t want to be a brown voice. We don’t need black faces that don’t want to be a black voice." In other words, thought must comport with skin color. Exactly what the KKK would have promoted and pursued.

Virginia governor Ralph Northam posed for a photo of a man in blackface, and another in KKK garb. Not as a 14 or 15-yr. old, but as a 25-yr-old medical student. No problem--he's now a great hero in certain quarters.

If you like your Klan, you can keep your Klan!
Lol.... This cracks me up that the mods even try to keep the misinformation campaign going.

On a thread trying to label the KKK as Liberals.... I ask "Where did those Democrats come from?"

The answer is "From the Confederate Army"

Yet certain mods are deciding that's "off topic..." And delete those posts. It's not the first time, it won't be the last time, but that's why Conservatives wade k in a sea of ignorance. Any opportunity to show they're misrepresenting history gets squashed.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:04 AM

1,378 posts, read 737,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
Democrats created the KKK and now they pretend to be the one fighting for minorities, by grouping us into boxes and telling us how we should think and feel... my fellow minorities test this out and go on a liberal college campus and wear MAGA clothing and you'll see how tolerate and loving white Liberals really are...

The one thing that makes White Liberals the most angry is a minority that doesn't fall into his or her place they set forth. I remember watching the live stream in Portland and a bunch of angry White Liberals were talking down a Black Trump supporter. Just recently an Asian American reporter was viciously attacked by angry White Liberals because he didn't support them.
You are very ignorant of history and politics.

Ideologies change all the time. While it may have been made by the democrats, Republicans used to also cater to minorities. Now over time, it has changed. Liberals cater more to minorities and more KKK are in line with conservative ideology. I mean, did you not take Political Science 1 and 2 in college?

Old 08-04-2019, 03:20 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,667 times
I'm Canadian and even I know this thread is a joke. How do I know American History better than some folks on here?

Oh. I know. Fox News.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:03 AM

30,063 posts, read 18,663,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
You are very ignorant of history and politics.

Ideologies change all the time. While it may have been made by the democrats, Republicans used to also cater to minorities. Now over time, it has changed. Liberals cater more to minorities and more KKK are in line with conservative ideology. I mean, did you not take Political Science 1 and 2 in college?
You know revisionist history, not actual history.

The democrats have been on the wrong side of history forever-

civil war
kkk
jim crowe
opposing civil rights
opposing women's rights
open borders
supporting Stalin/Hitler
terrorist acts in the 60s and 70s

It is a legacy the dems can't face, so they change history to make themselves feel better. The dems (again) support far left agendas and political correctness that threaten our nation.

Is it any wonder that the left loves Islam and hates America? They always have- always will.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:10 AM

8,090 posts, read 6,962,857 times
I can never tell who you people are attempting to gaslight with these threads. Black people know better. Democrats know better. You guys know better.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:11 AM

858 posts, read 424,411 times
Atwater: As to the whole Southern strategy that Harry Dent and others put together in 1968, opposition to the Voting Rights Act would have been a central part of keeping the South. Now [Reagan] doesn't have to do that. All you have to do to keep the South is for Reagan to run in place on the issues he's campaigned on since 1964 [...] and that's fiscal conservatism, balancing the budget, cut taxes, you know, the whole cluster...
Questioner: But the fact is, isn't it, that Reagan does get to the Wallace voter and to the racist side of the Wallace voter by doing away with legal services, by cutting down on food stamps?
Atwater: Y'all don't quote me on this. You start out in 1954 by saying, "******, ******, ******." By 1968 you can't say "******" — that hurts you. Backfires. So you say stuff like forced busing, states' rights and all that stuff. You're getting so abstract now [that] you're talking about cutting taxes, and all these things you're talking about are totally economic things and a byproduct of them is [that] blacks get hurt worse than whites. And subconsciously maybe that is part of it. I'm not saying that. But I'm saying that if it is getting that abstract, and that coded, that we are doing away with the racial problem one way or the other. You follow me — because obviously sitting around saying, "We want to cut this," is much more abstract than even the busing thing, and a hell of a lot more abstract than "******, ******."

WOW!

Old 08-05-2019, 10:32 AM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
nevermind i just looked myself and found link from right wing radio talk show host who go on and on using the word "Democrat" instead of the more descriptive "Conservative" southern democrats....

i come from a family of democratic support and AM aware of Woodrow Wilson's racism as well as supreme court justices with KKK membership...my grandmother came from Poland and in the 1920s the KKK burnt crosses accross the street being Polish AND Catholic lol...you will find for your own enlightenment that substituting "Conservative" for "Democrat" eliminates much confusion and clarifies things
I have posted about this is the past. Here is a link for you:
19th century 'liberals' (who led the fight against slavery) would be properly termed 'conservatives' today.

The meanings of the words 'liberal' and 'conservative' were much different in the 19th century. The 19th century 'liberals' would have been close to libertarian or perhaps more accurately 'religious-right' today. Harriet Beecher Stowe, author of "Uncle Tom's Cabin" would be a good example.

Old 08-05-2019, 10:35 AM

6,061 posts, read 2,010,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Lol.... This cracks me up that the mods even try to keep the misinformation campaign going.

On a thread trying to label the KKK as Liberals.... I ask "Where did those Democrats come from?"

The answer is "From the Confederate Army"

Yet certain mods are deciding that's "off topic..." And delete those posts. It's not the first time, it won't be the last time, but that's why Conservatives wade k in a sea of ignorance. Any opportunity to show they're misrepresenting history gets squashed.
You're right, the KKK was formed by ex-Confederates. But the ideas of identity politics that they espoused are today found in the examples of post #1.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies