U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-04-2019, 08:47 AM
 
Location: DFW - Coppell / Las Colinas
32,303 posts, read 36,932,343 times
Reputation: 39092

Advertisements

After Gilroy: Mass shootings a white thing? Oh, hell, no

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...j0F8qs.twitter

Quote:
“Even before the final butcher’s bill was presented for the Sunday-night mass shooting in Gilroy, the blue checkers and talking heads were filling their platforms with fairy tales that most mass shooters are white.

“But in the two-week run-up to Gilroy, there were 36 other mass shootings from coast to coast — and 34 of those shooters were black. One was white and one Hispanic. These results echo a New York Times story from 2016 that stated, much to the surprise and chagrin of the reporters, that whenever there are three or more victims of gunfire, 75 percent of shooters in America are black.”

“The day after the Gilroy shooting, Mayor Bill de Blasio was fielding questions from reporters about whether the Gilroy shooting resembled some of the recent mass shootings in New York, such as Brooklyn Saturday night. Not all, said de Blasio. “We don’t really count them that way.””

 
Old 08-04-2019, 08:56 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,732 posts, read 32,480,195 times
Reputation: 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
There is? That's news to me. Can you link that up? So does that mean person to person sales are illegal or am I misunderstanding you?
Here ya go... key word DEALER


FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS

Again, how would you regulate person to person sales in a garage? Answer, you can't.


Let's go back to square one. Where in any of these articles did it say one of these shooters were exempt from buying a gun?
 
Old 08-04-2019, 08:57 AM
 
7,173 posts, read 7,058,867 times
Reputation: 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
And Chuck Todd and every guest so far this morning on MTP has literally blamed Trump.


Cory Booker just said out of his own mouth that this lies at Trump's feet.


Completely nuts.


YOU think so. Many, many people think Trump, his rallies in which he revs up racism, and his comments about minorities and illegal (or legal) immigrants cause these crazy people to go out and kill “the other.” Trump generates hate.

The “dark web” internet sites also incite mentally deficient people to act out their hatred and self-loathing because they find like-minded crazies to encourage them to kill.

Why do people hate minorities? Those racist people need to think about WHY they feel that way. Is it because their lives haven’t turned out the way they had hoped? Is it because they are losing their grip on reality? Is it because America has changed? Yes, America has changed, but your hate will not change it back. Neither will mass shootings. Heal your own problems and figure out why you have this hate in your heart.
 
Old 08-04-2019, 08:57 AM
 
Location: Riverside County / Maricopa County
2,496 posts, read 1,801,670 times
Reputation: 1916
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
After Gilroy: Mass shootings a white thing? Oh, hell, no

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog...j0F8qs.twitter
and another one!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBCasino View Post
Oh great. In before the host of incoming threads about Black people to distract us from this guy.

lol
 
Old 08-04-2019, 08:58 AM
 
Location: minnesota
6,509 posts, read 2,184,980 times
Reputation: 2270
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Here ya go... key word DEALER


FEDERAL FIREARMS LAWS

Again, how would you regulate person to person sales in a garage? Answer, you can't.
......
Quote:
c. Purchase - A person 18 years of age or older may purchase a HG from a non-licensee (not a gun dealer) who resides in the same State as the purchaser.
 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:01 AM
 
7,173 posts, read 7,058,867 times
Reputation: 5969
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Usually just in the parking lot. People wear signs. My husband sells his that way because he can get more money for them.
He should be ashamed of himself. He may be selling guns to mentally deficient people who will kill an innocent person—or many people.
 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:02 AM
 
Location: San Diego
35,732 posts, read 32,480,195 times
Reputation: 20149
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
......

What part do we disagree? I said DEALER


How do you enforce person to person sales? AK garage sales. I'm not going to keep asking the question if you don't have an answer.


These people were LEGAL to purchase. No new ridiculous law would change that.
 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:05 AM
 
Location: sumter
8,811 posts, read 5,478,010 times
Reputation: 6704
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
YOU think so. Many, many people think Trump, his rallies in which he revs up racism, and his comments about minorities and illegal (or legal) immigrants cause these crazy people to go out and kill “the other.” Trump generates hate.

The “dark web” internet sites also incite mentally deficient people to act out their hatred and self-loathing because they find like-minded crazies to encourage them to kill.

Why do people hate minorities? Those racist people need to think about WHY they feel that way. Is it because their lives haven’t turned out the way they had hoped? Is it because they are losing their grip on reality? Is it because America has changed? Yes, America has changed, but your hate will not change it back. Neither will mass shootings. Heal your own problems and figure out why you have this hate in your heart.
Absolutely and spot on, you nailed it.
 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:05 AM
 
Location: minnesota
6,509 posts, read 2,184,980 times
Reputation: 2270
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
He should be ashamed of himself. He may be selling guns to mentally deficient people who will kill an innocent person—or many people.
He gets ID and permit info and issues a bill of sale. There are some mentally deficient people that can get a permit too.
 
Old 08-04-2019, 09:06 AM
 
5,575 posts, read 6,953,668 times
Reputation: 4381
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
He should be ashamed of himself. He may be selling guns to mentally deficient people who will kill an innocent person—or many people.
Wow! The poster you responded to is pushing for tighter gun regulation yet her husband is selling guns to people in parking lots!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top