Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 07:10 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,533,215 times

Advertisements

A governor is first and foremost a politician.

There is a tendency of people to blame politicians when it hits the fan.

Pivoting to prayer deflects attention away from him.

Rinse and repeat.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:11 AM

29,030 posts, read 14,371,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Nope "white nationalist" is a term that has been around since at least the 70s and has a pre established definition. It isn't a media trick to understand the history and definition of terms regardless of how much you personally wish it was. And if you don't understand what the definition of the term is you probably shouldn't be identifying as it.

From merian Webster:
Definition of white nationalist
: one of a group of militant whites who espouse white supremacy and advocate enforced racial segregation

Interesting. What makes a white nationalist different from a white person that is racist ? The fact they band together ? I'm really just curious.

And so be it. I've never heard the term used until the past couple of years, much like the term "gaslighting" The problem is, like all the other "labels" the left , media and politicians are going to run with it. Anyone that is pro border control, pro firearm and pro Trump will be labeled a "white nationalist" ... we are already seeing that happening.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:12 AM

19,583 posts, read 9,117,631 times
No, and I am not going to do so because I don't want to discuss it.

I don't know if this is true or not, but I have read that some mass murderers have a desire for fame, so I am not going to feed into that. As far as I am concerned, they should just kill him and all the other mass or serial killers (after a fair trial, of course), and their names (although not their deeds) should be erased from history.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Prayer has power. It is wise to pray for this nation, especially when it is in the condition it is in. Obviously kids lack of prayer in school did not cause this shooter to do what he did. That was caused by sin in our world. Can prayer prevent this kind of violence? Absolutely!
There are no more empty words than “ God Bless America”.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I liked how the Governor or some spokesman was saying " This isn't Texas". Uhhh... the shooter was born in Texas. The shooter lived in Texas. The shooting was in Texas. The shooter targeted the place due to a political issue that is centered in Texas.
It's Texas. In case he doesn't know, Texas is a VERY messed up state.
It does not define 29 million who live in Texas any more than the violence in St Louis, Baltimore, New Orleans, Detroit or Chicago defines all the people in those cities.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
While I am not a Christian nor religious, anyone with any sense can understand the point he is making. The cause of these sort of shootings is a lack of moral compass and moral education, with many young people being raised without being taught that their actions have consequences.
If that was the case, there would be millions of sensational mass shootings with large body counts, everywhere.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:36 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,820,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
Do you know how much violence has been caused in the name of God?
Blasphemy isn't God's fault. Don't blame it on Him.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:40 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,820,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOkidd View Post
Ha! So taking time to write thoughtfully is flowery? Brevity isn't a bad thing, but stupid ideas are.

That we can agree on! And you said it without flowers.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:42 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,420,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
https://friendlyatheist.patheos.com/...n-our-schools/

Bet he means Christian prayer. Pretty sure he doesn't want Muslim prayers five times a day.

Regardless, what an asinine statement to make! The problem is unrestricted access to guns, the problem is the radicalization of white Christian youth, the problem is lack of mental health screening.

Not some flippin' Republican's wish list of a Christian Taliban nation.

When will politicians start addressing the gun problem. I am a gun owner, but I want safe storage laws, I want training laws, and most of all, I want screening laws as to WHO buys guns. Effective ones. Not the namby pamby drivel that some are proposing, or worse yet, nothing at all.

He has a good point.
The value of life has decreased each decade, since Christ has been removed from public school.

Old 08-05-2019, 07:44 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,889,833 times
What an idiot. If prayer was effective, we wouldn't have these mass shootings in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies