U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2019, 08:04 AM

5,635 posts, read 4,002,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
I read his manifesto. His themes are simple:

1. He hates immigrants, illegal and legal, especially Hispanics.
2. He hates Democrats. He also hates most Republicans because they aren't extremists like him.
3. He hates racial mixing.

Media says he's a white supremacist and that's what his manifesto says.
Yes, but you forgot the part about him being a progressive.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
If the rants of a psycho are important to you, knock yourself out.

His murderous rampage was to get people to pay attention to him. He knew how to work people like you.
You don't want to know what kind of person he was?? Weird.

"He was just some dude......."

Old 08-05-2019, 08:05 AM

161 posts, read 30,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
Or do you prefer being spoon-fed what to think?

Warning, if you DO read it, you will distrust the media even more than you currently do. (I didn’t think that was possible for me, but voila!)

I swear— I would rather have one of my kids tell me that they’ve become a ***** or meth dealer than find out that they’re working for the media......
I'm reading the manifesto now. He is sick. First off Americans invaded Texas, and invaded Hispanic spaces first via manifest destiny. This guy does not know a whole alot of history.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Sounds like you've read this manifesto and agree with the shooters motivation for carrying out this heinous act.
jambo.........lol.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:09 AM

I gotta say, you people who are afraid to read the rantings of some nut, because it's SO BAD........wow. Do you have so little faith in your own abilities, strength and ideas, that you're worried that reading this crap is going to somehow sweep you away??? My word.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:10 AM

10,620 posts, read 6,403,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
As gun owners we must face the reality that all guns are not equal. Weapons of mass lethality are the guns of choice for mass murderers - not pistols, not shotguns. High rate of fire weapons need to be made illegal to own or to manufacture.

Shootings and other attacks will still occur but you would see a huge reduction in the lethality of these events. And since we have kicked the can down the road for so long, and we have flooded the market with these weapons, it will take at least 10 years to see the impact of the law. But this is priority number one. Everyone with common sense sees it clearly.

Case in point is the Dayton shooting, Police took out the shooter in 30 seconds, and in that time he was able to massacre 9.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rate_of_fire

Here is where you are wrong.
Think about this without emotion. You talk as if you are a gun owner, so I assume you have knowledge of firearms. If killing as many people as possible was your goal what firearm would you use ? This is purely hypothetical. I certainly wouldn't use an AR or an AK. My first choice would be to have 4 Glock 17's. Two in side holsters, two in Velcro holsters on a chest rig. All with 33 round mags. I'd also have a back pack filled with more 33 round mags. This would be FAR more deadly than those evil black rifles. Shots would be fired from both hands, empty the first two, drop them , empty the second two , drop one, then do mag dump after mag dump.

Second choice would be one of the many magazine fed shotguns on the market. Saw the barrel down, a back pack full of magazines and go to town. Again , more deadly than the evil black rifle.

Now if these shooters had MP5's or AR/AK pistols , yeah probably more deadly than the rifle versions.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:13 AM

1,311 posts, read 278,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
He can't have an opinion?

It's not a gun problem. It's a people problem. Someone has to use the guns, or the knives, or the car when people get ran over for murderous purposes.
US murder rate per million using guns: 32.6

UK murder rate per million using guns: 0.24

Guess which country has stricter gun possession rules?

To be fair, I should note that the US murder rate is four times that in the UK. But that's still not enough to explain the vast disparity.

5,158 posts, read 1,863,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
At what point do the various -chan sites become enough of a cesspool that they should be taken off-line?
You will still have message boards like this and Reddit, and more and more of the crazies will move to encrypted apps and forums.

The reality is that the Internet with the easy ability to anonymize our communications is a major reason why massacres like these have increased. It's the perfect environment to spread the poison of hate and division. You see it here every single day.

5,006 posts, read 1,406,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Shots would be fired from both hands, empty the first two, drop them , empty the second two , drop one, then do mag dump after mag dump.
Thanks John Wick but that isn't really how it works. There's this little thing called aiming that is pretty important.

You should really let the military know that they are doing it wrong though. Maybe they would be open to dropping their rifles for akimbo glocks, who knows.

Old 08-05-2019, 08:14 AM

2,940 posts, read 2,768,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Blasphemy isn't God's fault. Don't blame it on Him.
Case in point....this politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or