U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2019, 10:02 AM

37,811 posts, read 16,719,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
A DIFFERENT TAKE then your "news"source.

"El Paso mayor expresses irritation at emails scolding him for meeting with Trump"

"The mayor of El Paso, Texas, stood by his decision in a press conference on Monday to meet with President Trump when he visits the city later this week in the aftermath of a mass shooting that left 22 dead. Trump, who condemned white supremacy again at the White House, will be visiting El Paso on Wednesday.
"I represent the office of the mayor of El Paso, Texas. This is not a political visit, as he had before. Which I did not visit with him, but was noted from the podium as I recall and he is the president of the United States," Mayor Dee Margo told reporters. "So in that capacity I will fulfill my obligations as mayor of El Paso to meet with the president and discuss whatever our needs are in this community and hope that if we were expressing specifics that we can get him to come through for us."

"When pressed by reporters, Margo said he understood why people would not want him to meet with the president but said, "We are not dealing with that right now. We are dealing with a tragedy of 22 people who have perished by an evil, hateful act of a white supremacist that has no bearing or belong in El Paso."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ing-with-trump
Why do they keep referring to this killer as a white supremacist? I don't get it. He was evil but based on his manifesto I just don't seem him as a white supremacist.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:04 AM

37,811 posts, read 16,719,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Exactly right, and in fact, if he had any respect for the victim's families, he would not go to El Paso because he would realize how they feel about his past hate-filled, degrading rhetoric about Hispanics at his past ridiculous rallies. This just proves he is still a bully. Donald feels entitled to touch people in places where they do not want to be touched. That is all we need to know about the cretin.
WTH are you talking about???? What hate-filled rhetoric about Hispanics here legally? As for those here illegally how is the truth being spoken, hateful rhetoric?

Old 08-06-2019, 10:07 AM

2,106 posts, read 2,280,995 times
Ok, in that case keep Elizabeth Warren out of Dayton and the state of Ohio

Old 08-06-2019, 10:23 AM

4,434 posts, read 1,144,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Shooters dad was a mental health counselor....so not only did the "mental health monitoring" angle fail, but as we know the "everyone in Texas carrying" also failed.

Dad was apparently involved in one mental hospital (some say part owners - and by his big house, I don't doubt it) which was shut down by the state earlier this year.

Parents got divorced and one of them had to "return a green card".....hmmm.....

"Father of Suspect Patrick Crusius Wrote About 40-Year Addiction Battle, Claimed He Spoke to Jesus in Memoir"
Texas to the core.......

Now, where did a 40 year addict get the bucks for that mansion???

Only in the USA can a guy who writes a book about being a loser for his entire life then make bucks from treating others...because he saw Jesus.

Now we have to await someone writing a book about this whole deal...but it's not hard to see that this Father...was not a father...by his own admission!

""I lived a life of pretense in a kind of dream, alternating between the lows of apathy and hopelessness and the highs of material success. I have quit and relapsed countless times," Crasius wrote in the book.

He claimed his drug use and drinking led to Lori kicking him out of the house when Patrick was 12 years old."

Ah, the "highs of material success".....the admission of being a complete Loser for his entire Family life AND then more bucks from trading on his visits with Jesus. One must admit this is a very "Texan" type of story.....
This post doesn't make any sense.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:27 AM

7,508 posts, read 1,720,180 times
This is scary.

Look at how much language the White Nationalist shooter used from Trump tweets in his manifesto.

Old 08-06-2019, 10:29 AM

9,933 posts, read 3,259,983 times
What s with these Dems, many who don’t even have an elected office, thinking they can “stop” Trumpnfrom going anywhere? Lmao

Old 08-06-2019, 11:13 AM

4,615 posts, read 5,456,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
This is scary.

Look at how much language the White Nationalist shooter used

Being a pretzel-brained schizoid/psychotic pinhead, what the shooter wrote about anything hardly matters.

Old 08-06-2019, 11:16 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,291,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Everyone reading your post and mine can clearly see where the hate is.

Just goes to show...

...how wrong you can be.

Again, nothing but projection.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:21 PM

7,508 posts, read 1,720,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tantalust View Post
Being a pretzel-brained schizoid/psychotic pinhead, what the shooter wrote about anything hardly matters.
Maybe that's your opinion, and you are a right to it. But your opinion is wrong.

The El Paso shooter was fueled by his hatred for Hispanics. So much so that he went out and bought an AK47 so he could go kill a bunch of them. And he took time to write a manifesto before he carried out the act, talking about the invasion of brown people. And that hate-filled, racist, rageful manifesto contained at least 8 phrases taken directly from tweets by the President of the United States, who has called Hispanics rapists, drug dealers, and murderers.

Just because you don't think what the shooter wrote matters doesn't make it so.

Old 08-06-2019, 12:24 PM

67,403 posts, read 34,352,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
Donald Trump said El Paso is a dangerous city with an extremely high crime rate. Now he is visiting El Paso on Wednesday. smh

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...Kz&ocid=AARDHP

LOL!

For some odd reason, people think Trump is scared to go where no man has gone before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or