U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 02:55 PM

9,768 posts, read 5,478,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
There are quite a few people in this thread who don't seem to understand this notion, people like myself who carry concealed handguns aren't looking to be Rambo, to save the day or to save the lives of every person in WalMart. I carry a handgun to protect myself and my family, if the easiest way to get myself and my family to safety is to run then we're running. I'm not sticking around to shoot back at some active shooter if I can get to safety. Some people in here seem to be confused as to why concealed carry folks run from active shooters but in reality, people do what they think is best in the heat of the moment and that might very well be to just run.
I agree... way too many people with grandiose notions of being a hero with a firearm.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:55 PM

6,524 posts, read 3,620,113 times
Quote:
There are quite a few people in this thread who don't seem to understand this notion, people like myself who carry concealed handguns aren't looking to be Rambo, to save the day or to save the lives of every person in WalMart. I carry a handgun to protect myself and my family, if the easiest way to get myself and my family to safety is to run then we're running. I'm not sticking around to shoot back at some active shooter if I can get to safety. Some people in here seem to be confused as to why concealed carry folks run from active shooters but in reality, people do what they think is best in the heat of the moment and that might very well be to just run.
Really great post. Thank you for articulating much better than I could a few pages back. I know some people are already thinking “everyone in Texas has a gun, how come nobody shot back?”.

I’d like to respond to that with “because what TMYK said”.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:56 PM

46,829 posts, read 34,444,561 times
Quote:
I fully understand and respect this. Also think most who C/C have similar views.

Armchair rambos- maybe not so much.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:56 PM

14,632 posts, read 7,839,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I agree... way too many people with grandiose notions of being a hero with a firearm.
And even more people have very unrealistic expectations of people who legally carry firearms for self defense.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:57 PM

5,175 posts, read 2,280,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No shortage of guys doing the open carry thing in Dallas when shooting broke out. They ran for their lives with everyone else. As it was, some running around them perceived them as one of the shooters.

Cannot imagine what would have happened if some of them started shooting at each other.
Even in a known combat situation by trained soldiers..... there have been uncountable instances of being shot by your comrades......imagine the confusion in a supposed "peaceful" civilian environment.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...fire_incidents

Old 08-03-2019, 02:57 PM

3,898 posts, read 3,562,428 times
Patrick crusius. Shooter.

Old 08-03-2019, 02:58 PM

21,804 posts, read 11,760,214 times
I’m going to invest in a bulletproof vest company out there somewhere. May as well make money on this insanity.

10,302 posts, read 12,073,629 times
In the video, none of them were moving, they pixelated their bodies in the videos. When does this madness end? It seems these shooters go everywhere now, church, Walmart, Onion festivals, movie theaters, malls, schools, government buildings.. What makes a total stranger shoot innocent people?

12,094 posts, read 5,781,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Fox news says the shooter is a 21 year old. He is likely an American born, white male.
Patrick Crusius, just turned 21 and from Dallas.

That's a long way to go to shoot up a WallyWorld.

1,942 posts, read 489,136 times
An open carry state...where we’re the good guys with the guns to prevent all these people from getting killed?

When someone is in a suicidal mode to kill....they don’t even think about good guys with guns, they only think about taking as many people with them as they can.

How do we prevent the mentally ill from getting access to weapons of mass murder? This is the most important question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or