U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 10:20 AM

1,768 posts, read 385,962 times

Advertisements

Just as suspected. Trump reads a speech written for him and discusses eliminating the partisan bickering, call for unity.

Then at midnight, he slams the Hispanic name of the DEM Presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke.

Again, have to say it.

I TOLD YOU SO. I knew whatever he said during that solemn, faked speech that it was nothing but typical Trump B.S.

So unpresidential.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-el-paso-visit

Old 08-07-2019, 11:17 AM

4,611 posts, read 5,446,339 times
Well, our POTUS certainly is a colorful character.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:24 AM

67 posts, read 15,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The link you gave in post #17 is NOT the El Paso shooter's manifesto. Those rantings are from the man who killed 9 people at a college in Oregon.

Delete your post or ask a moderator to delete it.
You are correct, I put the wrong link. I am trying to figure out how to edit it to the correct one. Thanks for the heads up.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:26 AM

67 posts, read 15,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post

It appears I posted the wrong link, but quoted the correct manifesto. This should be the correct link, and I am trying to figure out how to edit the other post.

https://thecount.com/2019/08/03/patr...ll-transcript/

Old 08-07-2019, 11:29 AM

10,911 posts, read 13,788,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
This sounds like a CIA document.
Of course it does. What is Alex Jones telling you you should be thinking on these mass shooters?

Old 08-07-2019, 11:39 AM

27,603 posts, read 19,374,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
I'll let CNN tell me what he said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I'm sorry, but the first part of this post is what is a part of the problem in this country. Far to many people not willing to dig into things for themselves, and instead choosing to let their preferred "news" network tell them what they need to know about a current issue. Of course, the problem with that is you aren't just getting the unfiltered story, you are getting the spin of your chosen "news" provider. Each and every mainstream "news" source has their own agenda, which they happily shove down the consumers throats through every story they report. The only way we ever really get the full picture is by actually looking into things ourselves. Cut out the middle men when it comes to information and dig a little for yourself. Saying "I'll let CNN tell me what he said" is insane, because they aren't actually going to tell you everything he said. They will simply cherry-pick things like his so-called "manifesto" for key phrases which go along with their agenda, and report that to you. These networks don't care that they are feeding us only half the story most of the time, because whatever half they have chosen to feed us furthers their goals and standing with their primary audience. If you really want to know what's going on, you must dig a little for yourself and try to piece together the whole story. Otherwise, you are running around with only a piece of the story instead of the whole thing, leaving you unable to truly voice a true opinion on pretty much any subject. Instead, you simply find yourself regurgitating whatever Wolf or Hannity fed you that evening.
i'd bet all the money i have in my wallet that happyrider was being facetious.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:45 AM

4,167 posts, read 1,277,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Just as suspected. Trump reads a speech written for him and discusses eliminating the partisan bickering, call for unity.

Then at midnight, he slams the Hispanic name of the DEM Presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke.

Again, have to say it.

I TOLD YOU SO. I knew whatever he said during that solemn, faked speech that it was nothing but typical Trump B.S.

So unpresidential.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...-el-paso-visit
You didn't tell anyone anything. Not sure what else you would expect any president to do on a visit like that, it's as predictable as a bear ****ting in the woods.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:48 AM

7,215 posts, read 5,054,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Thank you for posting this!

I had no idea this killer's reasons had nothing to do with race!

The media's misrepresentation of the reasons for this murderer's actions are a thousand times worse than what the killer did because they will lead to a thousand times more death.
These are just excerpts, carefully chosen to lead you to see (true or not) that it was not motivated by things Trump says.

I've not read the entire thing, but I'm given to understand that much of it parrots Trump's talking points and those of his base. I CANNOT VERIFY THAT, as I have not read it. But I can quote the OP on this thread and remind you that what you read was just excerpts, which could very well be the misrepresenation you speak of, only in the other direction.

In any case, a partial document cannot prove (nor disprove) that his reasons had nothing to do with anything. From this, you simply don't know what else was in the manifesto.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:48 AM

67,019 posts, read 30,706,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Sounds like a crazy leftist... Environment, overpopulation, and looks like he wants free education and high pay....
And anti-corporation. All definitely left-wing ideology.

Old 08-07-2019, 11:52 AM

67,247 posts, read 34,245,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Of course it does. What is Alex Jones telling you you should be thinking on these mass shooters?
He was not "right wing"

Democrats right here on CD have express that they do not agree with open borders invasion. Mexican is not a race. It is a nationality.

https://www.sebgorka.com/the-el-paso...ssive-leftist/

https://ussanews.com/News1/2019/08/0...o-you-believe/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...to-republican/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gh-school.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or