U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 01:41 PM

2,136 posts, read 454,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Not the wrong manifesto in the OP, it was the wrong link though in post 17. The info I posted from the manifesto was from the correct one, and was never edited. I wish I could change the link posted in #17, but I did repost the correct link for reference after it was pointed out the link was for a different manifesto than I posted.
Sorry, my mistake.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:42 PM

804 posts, read 211,053 times
Interestingly delivered message. He clearly has some association with Trump. He is very deliberate with the fake news rhetoric. The news is far from fake, it's just not providing any relevant information to society. The media has been owned by a concentrated few for a long time. They control the message and it's delivery.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:44 PM

13,814 posts, read 7,533,215 times
Quote:
This guy is being referred to as sounding like Trump. I read the manifesto and he is not a conservative. He is a murderer and I am in no way defending him, but here are a couple of excerpts that didn't make the mainstream news. They may surprise you:

My opinions onautomation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign forpresident. I putting this here because some people will blame the President orcertain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I knowthat the media will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blameTrump’s rhetoric. The media is infamous for fake news. Their reaction to thisattack will likely just confirm that. Many people think that the fight forAmerica is already lost. They couldn’t be more wrong. This is just thebeginning of the fight for America and Europe. I am honored to head the fightto reclaim my country

The cost of college degrees has exploded as theirvalue has plummeted. This has led to a generation of indebted, overqualifiedstudents filling menial, low paying and unfulfilling jobs. Of course thesemigrants and their children have contributed to the problem, but are not thesole cause of it. The American lifestyle affords our citizens an incrediblequality of life. However, our lifestyle is destroying the environment of ourcountry. The decimation of the environment is creating a massive burden forfuture generations. Corporations are heading the destruction of our environmentby shamelessly overharvesting resources. This has been a problem for decades.For example, this phenomenon is brilliantly portrayed in the decades oldclassic “The Lorax”. Water sheds around the country, especially in agriculturalareas, are being depleted. Fresh water is being polluted from farming and oildrilling operations. Consumer culture is creating thousands of tons ofunnecessary plastic waste and electronic waste, and recycling to help slow thisdown is almost non-existent. Urban sprawl creates inefficient cities whichunnecessarily destroys millions of acres of land. We even use god knows howmany trees worth of paper towels just wipe water off our hands. Everything Ihave seen and heard in my short life has led me to believe that the averageAmerican isn’t willing to change their lifestyle, even if the changes onlycause a slight inconvenience.

I just want to say that I love the people of thiscountry, but god damn most of y’all are just too stubborn to change yourlifestyle. So the next logical step is to decrease the number of people in Americausing resources. If we can get rid of enough people, then our way of life canbecome more sustainable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
OP, that’s not the EL Paso manifesto.

Here’s the first page of the manifesto, with clear documentation of where the killer obtained his ramblings from, aka right-wing media.

He’s clearly alt-right; and all you alt-righters gaslighting that he’s a progressive can go Fork themselves.

(permission obtained to use image)
Quote:
People aren’t nearly as vindictive as your media tells you they are. (Or as much as you’d like to think they’d act similarly to you........)

Not to mention you probably read the manifesto posted by the OP, which was the wrong manifesto .

The ORIGINAL POST was indeed part of the El Paso manifesto despite your claims otherwise. You cherry picked one page out of four and then squeal about gaslighting. GTFO

Old 08-07-2019, 01:45 PM

61 posts, read 14,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
The shooter's narrative was the same as Trump's.
And Trump himself didn't start very much of the narrative. It's all been in parts of our society forever.

The excuses the shooters use may differ a bit, but in the end, the intent of the shooters is always the same; they all want to punish someone else for the problems they are having by killing them.

The urge for violence is always identical. Only the choice of justification differs, and when someone as prominent as Trump provides the justification, his words are as good as any and better than most for the shooters.
The shooter's narrative was never the same as Trump's. Trump is not a eco warrior, not anti corporation, never supported violence, want only ILLEGAL immigrants deported, want LEGAL immigrants to have a pathway to citizenship, and has NEVER supported terrorism in any fashion.

I would love to see one quote from people who claim Trump is racist or supports violence. Instead all anyone ever has is some generic opinion repeated over and over. Occasionally it is based on some misquote, but usually just pure BS.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:47 PM

7,114 posts, read 2,588,626 times
Quote:
It’s not worth my time; there’s no convincing you people.
Convincing the logically consistent to become illogical is indeed a tough ask. No doubt.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
The ORIGINAL POST was indeed part of the El Paso manifesto despite your claims otherwise. You cherry picked one page out of four and then squeal about gaslighting. GTFO
Lol you people think everything is a conspiracy. It was a mistake, I was not lying despite your frivolous claim;, I admitted to it and apologized; put it back in the deck.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post
Convincing the logically consistent to become illogical is indeed a tough ask. No doubt.
Keep telling yourself that you’re logically consistent.

Old 08-07-2019, 01:54 PM

16,785 posts, read 14,207,288 times
Quote:
This guy is being referred to as sounding like Trump. I read the manifesto and he is not a conservative. He is a murderer and I am in no way defending him, but here are a couple of excerpts that didn't make the mainstream news. They may surprise you:

My opinions onautomation, immigration, and the rest predate Trump and his campaign forpresident. I putting this here because some people will blame the President orcertain presidential candidates for the attack. This is not the case. I knowthat the media will probably call me a white supremacist anyway and blameTrump’s rhetoric. The media is infamous for fake news. Their reaction to thisattack will likely just confirm that. Many people think that the fight forAmerica is already lost. They couldn’t be more wrong. This is just thebeginning of the fight for America and Europe. I am honored to head the fightto reclaim my country

The cost of college degrees has exploded as theirvalue has plummeted. This has led to a generation of indebted, overqualifiedstudents filling menial, low paying and unfulfilling jobs. Of course thesemigrants and their children have contributed to the problem, but are not thesole cause of it. The American lifestyle affords our citizens an incrediblequality of life. However, our lifestyle is destroying the environment of ourcountry. The decimation of the environment is creating a massive burden forfuture generations. Corporations are heading the destruction of our environmentby shamelessly overharvesting resources. This has been a problem for decades.For example, this phenomenon is brilliantly portrayed in the decades oldclassic “The Lorax”. Water sheds around the country, especially in agriculturalareas, are being depleted. Fresh water is being polluted from farming and oildrilling operations. Consumer culture is creating thousands of tons ofunnecessary plastic waste and electronic waste, and recycling to help slow thisdown is almost non-existent. Urban sprawl creates inefficient cities whichunnecessarily destroys millions of acres of land. We even use god knows howmany trees worth of paper towels just wipe water off our hands. Everything Ihave seen and heard in my short life has led me to believe that the averageAmerican isn’t willing to change their lifestyle, even if the changes onlycause a slight inconvenience.

I just want to say that I love the people of thiscountry, but god damn most of y’all are just too stubborn to change yourlifestyle. So the next logical step is to decrease the number of people in Americausing resources. If we can get rid of enough people, then our way of life canbecome more sustainable.
Holy cherry picking! What did he give as his reason for going to El Paso to shoot people?

Old 08-07-2019, 01:56 PM

16,785 posts, read 14,207,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
He was not "right wing"

Democrats right here on CD have express that they do not agree with open borders invasion. Mexican is not a race. It is a nationality.

https://www.sebgorka.com/the-el-paso...ssive-leftist/

https://ussanews.com/News1/2019/08/0...o-you-believe/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/201...to-republican/

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...gh-school.html
False dichotomy. You appear to be trying to pretend there are only two positions; either you want open borders or you think there is a hispanic invasion. That is not remotely the truth.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:04 PM

12,344 posts, read 8,176,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310
I don’t read stuff written by bats**t crazy people.
The irony in this post is staggering.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or