U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 02:08 PM

32,899 posts, read 16,844,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Holy cherry picking! What did he give as his reason for going to El Paso to shoot people?
As far as I'm concerned, that OP is way over the line that separates cherry picking from lying by omission.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:15 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,970,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
And anti-corporation. All definitely left-wing ideology.
A ton of right-wingers are anti-Corporate America/Big Business.

You will definitely see this from the commentators on ZeroHedge for example...

Old 08-07-2019, 02:18 PM

66,953 posts, read 30,683,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycanmaster View Post
A ton of right-wingers are anti-Corporate America/Big Business.

You will definitely see this from the commentators on ZeroHedge for example...
What makes you think all of ZeroHedge's readers are right-wing? That's a rather foolish assumption to make.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:31 PM

7,457 posts, read 1,693,491 times
Good to see that Trump is still making time to insult people.

This man literally just let one mass-shooting location for another...and he's making time to attack his opponents in between.

Old 08-07-2019, 02:33 PM

7,193 posts, read 7,068,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Trump had no more to do with his actions than Warren or Sanders had to do with this guy's actions:
Neither Harris nor Sanders have denigrated Mexicans or smiled when someone in the crowd yelled, “Shoot them.” (Like Trump.)

Last edited by staywarm2; 08-07-2019 at 02:50 PM..

Old 08-07-2019, 02:41 PM

7,457 posts, read 1,693,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Neither Harris nor Sanders have denigrated Mexicans or smiled when someone in the crowd yelled, “Shoot them.” (Like Trump.)
I
True.

but good luck getting C-DD Trump voters to acknowledge that factual statement.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:26 PM

1,921 posts, read 1,970,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What makes you think all of ZeroHedge's readers are right-wing? That's a rather foolish assumption to make.
The overwhelming majority of ZeroHedge's readership is right-wing.

The Boomer "conservatives" on this site are seriously out of touch

Old 08-07-2019, 03:44 PM

18,457 posts, read 11,287,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
As far as I'm concerned, that OP is way over the line that separates cherry picking from lying by omission.
Absolutely. I read the manifesto and OP is leaving out key aspects that lead him to kill Hispanics.

He was targeting Hispanics. He said what whites did to American Indians is exactly why whites need to keep Hispanics out, i.e. he understood the hypocrisy.

Fears Hispanics will turn Texas blue.

He opposes race mixing. Said the country should be a confederacy of territories with one race per territory. Said he couldn't bring himself to shoot his fellow Americans even if they were race mixers.

Very much opposed Hispanics coming into the country and does not differentiate legal vs. illegal, he does not want them in the country. and Fears second generation Hispanics attending college.

Said he and his "fellow patriots" would incentivize the Hispanics to return to their home country (presumably by shooting).

Went into detail about the weaponry he was using and considering, trying to detail which would do the most damage.

Makes clear he supports Trump but does not want Trump to be blamed. Said he felt this way about Hispanics before Trump was elected.*

*Which is what has often been said. Trump is courting a specific anti-immigrant voter.

Old 08-07-2019, 03:56 PM

63 posts, read 14,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lkb0714 View Post
Holy cherry picking! What did he give as his reason for going to El Paso to shoot people?
Actually it is quite obvious he went there to reduce the population. He seems to associate immigration with overpopulation then extrapolate it to pollution, over harvesting and environmental issues. I thought that was part of my post, but since I was actually more upset about the media coverage and the attempt to tie it to Trump maybe I didn't get the part in where he rambles about our lifestyle then how he is going to begin to "get rid of enough people" to apparently make some imagined lifestyle sustainable:

The American lifestyle affords our citizens anincredible quality of life. However, our lifestyle is destroying theenvironment of our country. The decimation of the environment is creating amassive burden for future generations. Corporations are heading the destructionof our environment by shamelessly overharvesting resources. This has been aproblem for decades. For example, this phenomenon is brilliantly portrayed inthe decades old classic “The Lorax”. Water sheds around the country, especiallyin agricultural areas, are being depleted. Fresh water is being polluted fromfarming and oil drilling operations. Consumer culture is creating thousands oftons of unnecessary plastic waste and electronic waste, and recycling to helpslow this down is almost non-existent. Urban sprawl creates inefficient citieswhich unnecessarily destroys millions of acres of land. We even use god knowshow many trees worth of paper towels just wipe water off our hands. EverythingI have seen and heard in my short life has led me to believe that the averageAmerican isn’t willing to change their lifestyle, even if the changes onlycause a slight inconvenience. The government is unwilling to tackle theseissues beyond empty promises since they are owned by corporations. Corporationsthat also like immigration because more people means a bigger market for theirproducts. I just want to say that I love the people of this country, but goddamn most of y’all are just too stubborn to change your lifestyle. So the nextlogical step is to decrease the number of people in America using resources. Ifwe can get rid of enough people, then our way of life can become moresustainable.

Those are his words, tell me what you think his reason was. To me he appears to be a left wing eco nut who wants to end over population, pollution and the over harvesting of resources. I say that, because he said it.

Old 08-07-2019, 04:14 PM

32,899 posts, read 16,844,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miquel_westano View Post
Those are his words, tell me what you think his reason was.
Damn, but that is tricky. Perhaps the sentence that literally begins with "This attack is a response to" may provide some insight?

Or, if we want to expand a bit: "This attack is a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas. They are the instigators, not me. I am simply defending my country from cultural and ethnic replacement brought on by an invasion."

Or you could even read the "Reaction" paragraph where he describes his planned-for outcome: That of Hispanics leaving. His terrorist attack is supposed to provide "incentive" for Hispanics to leave and bring the supposedly pro-immigration corporations to heel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or