Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 12:54 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,323,939 times

Advertisements

When it comes to life, Donald Trump has no clue.

Quote:
EL PASO — Earlier this year in his State of the Union address, President Trump described to the nation how the Texas border city of El Paso once had “extremely high rates of violent crime” and was considered “one of our nation’s most dangerous cities.” Then he turned it into the living argument for his border wall.
“With a powerful barrier in place,” he went on, “El Paso is one of the safest cities in our country. Simply put, walls work and walls save lives.”

In this West Texas border city, founded 360 years ago as an outpost of the Spanish empire, those words festered. So did words Mr. Trump repeated at a rally he held on the city’s outskirts a few weeks later. “Murders, murders, murders,” he said, in reference to immigrants, as the crowd chanted, “Build the wall!”

Trump Comes to Console. El Paso Says No Thanks.

Old 08-08-2019, 12:58 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe conservatives should form their own resistance movement during the next democratic administration.
During Bush and Obama... You are the resistance, in the war for your mind.
The original Resistance - Prison Planet

Old 08-08-2019, 01:00 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,591,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
The mother of the shooter reported him to police several weeks ago and they would not even write a report.
Open records request the report/call logs

Old 08-08-2019, 01:00 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
I see that the NYT’s took snippets from the manifesto to make Trump appeared to motivate this nut but in reality of course he had nothing to do with it.

Typical fake news. Trump has them dead to rights this time he should shut them down.

Old 08-08-2019, 01:02 PM

25,838 posts, read 16,513,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Are there any posts on this thread actually expressing sorrow for the dead people? Nah. This board doesn't care about a bunch of dead Mexicans. You're only sorry there weren't more.
Remember the Alamo!

Old 08-08-2019, 01:03 PM

15,416 posts, read 9,044,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
LOL. If he didn't go you'd raise wholly hell besides. Who the hell are you trying to kid? Everything that Trump does infuriates you. "Orange man bad". Trump didn't do anything different than any president should do and has done.

Who the hell are you to speak for most Americans? You can only speak for yourself. Did you go out and ask every single one of us what our opinions are? Instead of relying on Left wing propaganda sites?

Don't speak for me. Unless he actually has some business there, he should not be wasting tax money for a flight. I don't even like to see presidents flying into disaster areas to see damage for themselves. It just ties up resources that should be directed toward the rescue and recovery efforts.

Even though you tried to speak for me, I have spoken for no one. Americans have spoken for themselves and are overwhelming against that stupid wall. So before you accuse someone else of speaking for others, look in the mirror.

Quote:
Solid Majority Still Opposes New Construction on Border Wall

60% oppose significant new construction on border walls

Old 08-08-2019, 01:56 PM

7,502 posts, read 4,346,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Don't speak for me. Unless he actually has some business there, he should not be wasting tax money for a flight. I don't even like to see presidents flying into disaster areas to see damage for themselves. It just ties up resources that should be directed toward the rescue and recovery efforts.

Even though you tried to speak for me, I have spoken for no one. Americans have spoken for themselves and are overwhelming against that stupid wall. So before you accuse someone else of speaking for others, look in the mirror.

You already did raise wholly hell about Trump going there. You're still doing it now. I've read enough of your posts and it's more than obvious that you hate and are against anything and everything that Trump does. You've left a long paper trail that more than proves that. Go back and read some for your own posts for yourself. Whattsa' matter has the truth got your tongue? So my statement about you is absolutely 100% correct. I don't have to speak for you, you've done more than that for yourself.

You're still trying to speak for other Americans. What else do you think that statement implies? I'm an American, I'm all for the wall and nobody ever polled me? Maybe you ought to get your head outta' the clouds?

So before you accuse someone else of speaking for others, look in the mirror.

Last edited by Ex New Yorker; 08-08-2019 at 02:27 PM..

Old 08-08-2019, 02:29 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,122,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Are there any posts on this thread actually expressing sorrow for the dead people? Nah. This board doesn't care about a bunch of dead Mexicans. You're only sorry there weren't more.
Apparently the media last night didn't think so. They aired over 7 minutes of Robert O'Rourke protesting President Trump coming to show support for the families and friends of those killed and wounded. They didn't mention anything about the victims last night, just about O'Rourke's protest and roughly 15 seconds collectively of President Trump and First Lady.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:46 PM

10,204 posts, read 15,907,585 times
This will be a very non-PC point, but while this shooting is most definitely unjustified, perhaps illegal immigrants and the left themselves are partly to blame for creating this anger? After 9-11, liberals en masse lectured us on how we should understand Islamic terrorists and why we should symapthize with them. Many liberals, not just AOC, Tlaib, and Omar sympathize with Palestinians when they fire rockets into Israel or carry out suicide attacks?

Perhaps we should look at why people are angry about ILLEGAL immigration, about our tax money being spent on people who shouldn't be here? On jobs lost because illegals have driven down wages in so many industries? I don't think its a matter of Americans not wanting to do certain jobs but a matter of illegals having driven down the wages so low because even if they live 20 to a house its still better than in Mexico while an American can't live that kind of Third World lifestyle. Maybe we are tired of drugs and gangs coming here from Mexico.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:47 PM

10,204 posts, read 15,907,585 times
And I wonder how these illegal aliens feel, how shameless they are, coming to our country knowing that they are not welcome here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies