U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2019, 02:46 PM

7,928 posts, read 12,409,820 times

Advertisements

This will be a very non-PC point, but while this shooting is most definitely unjustified, perhaps illegal immigrants and the left themselves are partly to blame for creating this anger? After 9-11, liberals en masse lectured us on how we should understand Islamic terrorists and why we should symapthize with them. Many liberals, not just AOC, Tlaib, and Omar sympathize with Palestinians when they fire rockets into Israel or carry out suicide attacks?

Perhaps we should look at why people are angry about ILLEGAL immigration, about our tax money being spent on people who shouldn't be here? On jobs lost because illegals have driven down wages in so many industries? I don't think its a matter of Americans not wanting to do certain jobs but a matter of illegals having driven down the wages so low because even if they live 20 to a house its still better than in Mexico while an American can't live that kind of Third World lifestyle. Maybe we are tired of drugs and gangs coming here from Mexico.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:47 PM

7,928 posts, read 12,409,820 times
And I wonder how these illegal aliens feel, how shameless they are, coming to our country knowing that they are not welcome here.

Old 08-08-2019, 02:50 PM

17,476 posts, read 8,811,959 times
The guy cited democrats for his actions. Report that!

Old 08-08-2019, 03:07 PM

4,276 posts, read 2,050,289 times
I applaud those victims!

Quote:
El Paso Shooting Victims Declined to Meet Donald Trump During His Hospital Visit: Reports

President Donald Trump was not exactly welcomed with open arms this week in El Paso, Texas, where his attempts to meet with injured victims of the mass shooting that killed 22 people were turned down, according to multiple news reports.

The exact number of recovering victims who declined to meet with the president is unclear. A spokesman for the city’s University Medical Center said that the eight victims there on Wednesday — five in critical condition and three in serious — all did not meet with Trump.
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/el...Kz&ocid=AARDHP

Old 08-08-2019, 03:23 PM

7,167 posts, read 7,056,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Maybe conservatives should form their own resistance movement during the next democratic administration. And I donít mean just a congress that is unwilling to work with the president. I mean the people. I mean exactly like the democrats are doing with Trump. They should protest everything the president does, everywhere he goes. Maybe even have their own conservative version of Antifa running around physically attacking anyone who supports the president. If the dems want to escalate this, conservatives should give them a taste of their own medicine and escalate as well.

Oh yeah, conservatives donít have time for all this. They work.
How old are you?? You donít remember how the Repubs and McConnell blocked virtually everything Obama tried to pass? How Moscow Mitch McConnell wouldnít even even bring the nomination of Obamaís Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, to the floor?

Dementia is a standard for Repubs!

Old 08-08-2019, 04:16 PM

8,806 posts, read 5,474,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
How old are you?? You donít remember how the Repubs and McConnell blocked virtually everything Obama tried to pass? How Moscow Mitch McConnell wouldnít even even bring the nomination of Obamaís Supreme Court nominee, Merrick Garland, to the floor?

Dementia is a standard for Repubs!
I know, they were the party of No. McConnell said his job was to make Obama, a one term president. So, they said no to everything, so he had to use excutive orders in some cases.

Old 08-08-2019, 04:29 PM

4,640 posts, read 2,178,478 times
Default Trump brags about rally crowd sizes while meeting El Paso shooting victims

Of course he did.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...sizes-while-m/

Old 08-08-2019, 04:34 PM

1,588 posts, read 351,581 times
Nothing surprises me with him. His staff has bee detouring around the protest crowds for his ego.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:05 PM

31,688 posts, read 19,800,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post

Donald always makes it about him.

Old 08-08-2019, 05:19 PM

45,633 posts, read 36,683,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
LOL. So basically he did absolutely nothing except waste taxpayer's money for the flight down there. Which pretty much sums up his entire administration. He does absolutely nothing for the American public, except wasting tax money on stupid crap that most Americans don't even want, like a dumb wall. I really think that he is completely delusional. He actually believes that his trip down there was a smashing success.
Trump met with several victims who were injured, as well as their families, and the medical staff lined the hallways to meet him.

Also, spokespersons for the hospital stated that some of the victims were in such bad shape that they frankly didn't want to meet with ANYONE.

So that's "some" out of eight, leaving a handful of patients who didn't want to meet with the president specifically. Let's at least paint an accurate picture of the situation.

https://www.channel3000.com/news/pol...ump/1107201495

LOL this reminds me of the time my dad called when he was on a business trip and he was SO EXCITED about meeting President Carter. I was about 13 and I remember saying, "But Dad, you don't LIKE Carter." He was like, "Well, you've got a point - but hey, he just showed up and I got to meet him. I wasn't going to refuse to meet him." My how civility as changed since then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or