U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2019, 08:38 AM

46,842 posts, read 34,459,369 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
People chose not to meet with Obama after a school shooting in Oregon as well - see above post and link.
If I was a victim or family member of a victim I would have no interest in meeting with ANY politician.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I cringe every time I hear someone mention this raving lunatic’s “manifesto.” People are doing exactly what he wanted. He referenced two other mass shooters’ manifestos. You just know that there are probably several guys writing their own manifestos right now and thinking how they can get the public to finally give them some attention. Stop already! This constant harping on the manifesto inspires more of these shootings than anything Donald Trump has ever said.
Every mass shooting, with or without a manifesto, inspires the next.

The shooter of the single greatest mass shooting, left nothing behind.
Almost 2 years later, his motives beyond the obvious body count, remain unknown. And who knows? Maybe being the top dog of all mass shooters was his only objective.

Old 08-10-2019, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
He said SOME of them coming here were murderers and rapists. A true statement.

But: "TRUTH IS THE NEW HATE SPEECH".
Trump said:

“ They’re bringing drugs.

They’re bringing crime.

They’re rapists.

And some, I assume are good people.”

Old 08-10-2019, 11:02 AM

7,208 posts, read 7,073,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What utter BS! He was speaking only of those here illegally and he didn't say they were all bad people. You people have been repeating this blatant lie for far too long now.

No, they didn't want to meet with him because they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them and Trump disagrees with that and instead wants to secure our border and deport illegal aliens. It's really that simple!
Maybe they didn’t want to meet with Trump because they were physically and emotionally in pain. Also because they didn’t want cameras filming them. Or being part of his campaign agenda. Or because Trump’s wife was probably illegal when she came to the US. Or because Trump is an unsympathetic jerk with zero compassion?

Old 08-10-2019, 11:08 AM

37,579 posts, read 16,639,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Maybe they didn’t want to meet with Trump because they were physically and emotionally in pain. Also because they didn’t want cameras filming them. Or being part of his campaign agenda. Or because Trump’s wife was probably illegal when she came to the US. Or because Trump is an unsympathetic jerk with zero compassion?
There is no proof that Trump's wife came here illegally! Why should Trump sympathize with illegal aliens? Are you saying that some of these victims were illegal aliens? I don't care what their reasons were for snubbing the president it was just plain wrong!

Old 08-10-2019, 11:26 AM

4,285 posts, read 2,056,734 times
Quote:
There is no proof that Trump's wife came here illegally! Why should Trump sympathize with illegal aliens? Are you saying that some of these victims were illegal aliens? I don't care what their reasons were for snubbing the president it was just plain wrong!

What is wrong is Donald Trump's hateful rhetoric! It's an image only Donald Trump has portrayed, Trump should be have snubbed!

Old 08-10-2019, 12:50 PM

5,453 posts, read 2,196,356 times
Quote:
What utter BS! He was speaking only of those here illegally and he didn't say they were all bad people. You people have been repeating this blatant lie for far too long now.

No, they didn't want to meet with him because they think their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and rewarded for breaking them and Trump disagrees with that and instead wants to secure our border and deport illegal aliens. It's really that simple!
No, he is not talking only about those "illegally" here. For one thing, a lot of Trump's hatred is directed at refugees. Refugees are not here "illegally". Although Trump is trying to make them "illegals" too, by refusing to process them, as is required under international law. "Legals" or "illegals" has nothing to do with it. It's all just racism.

It's just more of the games Republicans play. Like "It's not the guns, that are the problem. The problem is lack of mental health." Which of course are the same Republicans who refuse to fund mental health services. So we are stuck in the endless downward spiral of gun violence, with no end in sight.

Republicans offer no solutions to anything, only catch-22s. They complain about undocumented workers, while at the same time making it harder for people to come here legally.

Last edited by Cloudy Dayz; 08-10-2019 at 01:04 PM..

Old 08-10-2019, 01:41 PM

4,274 posts, read 1,107,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
It was in his manifesto, but now the FBI has confirmed that he has said he waa targeting Mexicans during questioning yesterday.

Remember -- trump called Mexicans rapists, murderers, and drug dealers, and animals.
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump said:

“ They’re bringing drugs.

They’re bringing crime.

They’re rapists.

And some, I assume are good people.”
Exactly.what he said was a statement of TRUTH. Unless you want to sit here and tell me every single Mexican that has ever entered this country (legally or illegally) have not once done any of those things.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:43 PM

4,274 posts, read 1,107,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
No, he is not talking only about those "illegally" here. For one thing, a lot of Trump's hatred is directed at refugees. Refugees are not here "illegally".ly.
I would argue that just about every "refugee" here has no right to be here, since the UN has no jurisdiction here, and we never had a vote on their relocation here.

Old 08-10-2019, 01:55 PM

7,208 posts, read 7,073,044 times
Quote:
I don’t know the legal or illegal status of those in the hospital, but they were shot down in cold blood while shopping for school supplies in the afternoon at Walmart. Some of these people were US citizens. Are you so cold as to have no sympathy at all for a severely injured person.

Melania Trump came to the US on a Visa that is reserved for those workers who were of utmost importance to our economy. Obviously a model, and a nude one at that, is not necessary for our economy. She arrived on a fraudulent Visa.

How can you not sympathize with people extremely wounded and being treated in a hospital? Some of them have injuries that will last a lifetime. An AK-47 leaves extremely bad wounds. If these patients didn’t feel like having a person who obviously hates Mexicans visit them uninvited then why should they? The mayor and others asked Trump not to come.

And in that photo op with the orphaned baby and his aunt and uncle, there are Trump, with his thumb up, and Melania broadly smiling, as if that baby’s life had not changed drastically. Look at the aunt’s face and you will see sadness. Not only that, she may be taking all three of those children of dead parents to raise.

Just because some of you love and admire Trump, it doesn’t mean the rest of us feel anything but loathing for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or