U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2019, 02:26 PM

5,399 posts, read 2,177,718 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
I would argue that just about every "refugee" here has no right to be here, since the UN has no jurisdiction here, and we never had a vote on their relocation here.
1. The US signed and agreed to the 1951 Refugee Convention, so the UN does have jurisdiction here. 2. The Refugee Act of 1980 is US law. Failing to process refugees is a violation of both US and international law. For you people to thumb your noses at US and international laws, while complaining about people coming here illegally is insanely hypocritical. What they are doing is legal. What you are condoning is not legal.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:42 PM
Status: "but it depends on what the definition of "is" is." (set 13 days ago)

3,607 posts, read 643,160 times
article from the NY Post from a couple days ago. Link between marijuana and mass shootings? This needs to be looked at.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/the-li...than-we-think/

Quote:
Just last year, the Parents Opposed to Pot lobby group tried to sound the alarm on the link between marijuana and mass shootings, compiling a list of mass killers it claims were heavy users of marijuana from a young age, from Aurora, Colo., shooter James Holmes and Tucson, Ariz., shooter Jared Loughner to Chattanooga, Tenn., shooter Mohammad Abdulazeez.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:47 PM

2,132 posts, read 452,612 times
Quote:
So then you admit: America is no longer a sovereign government/there is a One World/globalist government (UN)?

Because both things can't be true at the same time (US is sovereign and the UN has control over what goes on here).

Again, Trump never said "EVERY SINGLE MEXICAN". Never once. So...my statement is correct.
Where did I say that Trump said that?

I was quoting you, as it was YOUR statement.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:49 PM

4,175 posts, read 1,089,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
Where did I say that Trump said that?

I was quoting you, as it was YOUR statement.
Reading and comprehension is not working for you right now.

Go back and read what I said and in what context I said it.

Old 08-10-2019, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Reading and comprehension is not working for you right now.

Go back and read what I said and in what context I said it.
BTW, it’s: “are not working for you right now”.

And my point remains.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:08 PM

4,175 posts, read 1,089,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
BTW, it’s: “are not working for you right now”.

And my point remains.

Trump never said "EVERY SINGLE MEXICAN" in any of his statements regarding Mexicans. Therefore, his statements were completely accurate. Unless, as I stated, you think that no Mexican that has ever come to America has ever committed rape or murder.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Trump never said "EVERY SINGLE MEXICAN" in any of his statements regarding Mexicans. Therefore, his statements were completely accurate. Unless, as I stated, you think that no Mexican that has ever come to America has ever committed rape or murder.
I wasn’t discussing his statement; how many more times do you need me to repeat that?

Old 08-10-2019, 03:13 PM

5,399 posts, read 2,177,718 times
Quote:
So then you admit: America is no longer a sovereign government/there is a One World/globalist government (UN)?

Because both things can't be true at the same time (US is sovereign and the UN has control over what goes on here).
You have no respect for US law or international law, yet you call other people "illegals".

Old 08-10-2019, 03:20 PM

30,017 posts, read 15,669,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
1. The US signed and agreed to the 1951 Refugee Convention, so the UN does have jurisdiction here. 2. The Refugee Act of 1980 is US law. Failing to process refugees is a violation of both US and international law. For you people to thumb your noses at US and international laws, while complaining about people coming here illegally is insanely hypocritical. What they are doing is legal. What you are condoning is not legal.
The UN only has jurisdiction when they use the military force of the US.

You might want to read how much power the executive branch has over the determination of refugees in regards to the Refugee Act. They can essentially deem every "refugee" from Central America as not being applicable.

But, I understand the liberal desire of open borders.

Old 08-10-2019, 03:35 PM

27,594 posts, read 15,949,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travis t View Post
article from the NY Post from a couple days ago. Link between marijuana and mass shootings? This needs to be looked at.
https://nypost.com/2019/08/07/the-li...than-we-think/
Another misdirection like video games. Mass shooters are messed up. No amount of drugs or video games makes them more likely to kill. What does is nearly automatic weapons and high capacity clips. Let's fix that and the rest should follow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or