U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:57 PM
 
151 posts, read 20,502 times
Reputation: 273

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Okay, I heard 10 shots really fast, loud from a rifle maybe? What kind of gun shoots off 10 rounds so fast? Serious question. I do not own a gun.

PS: I am pro-gun for responsible gun owners.

Ever watch "The Rifleman" from the 1960's.

and it was done with a lever action rifle

I imagine this was a semi automatic rifle

 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:57 PM
 
6,425 posts, read 2,731,887 times
Reputation: 2364
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Ah, now we should train our entire populace and also show them the pics of the slaughter so they can practice distinguishing. We can add that to the school lockdowns which are already ruining the childhood of millions.

All so lots more guns can be bought over the counter without enough checks and regs.

It's obviously worth it for a subset of Americans. But my money is that the families of the dead, even if they were rabid gun nuts before, mostly change their minds.....something about a 10 year old being put in a wheelchair for the rest of their lives with a colostomy bag can change the mindset of parents.
Mass shootings are nothing new though.
The difference is the police state these days.
Study the history of shootings in this country.
Not just school shootings.

Go back to the 1890's and school shootings took place then.

Neither party is addressing the police state and loss of freedoms citizens are losing from being able to travel unmolested by the gestapo.

The only thing being addressed by both parties is gun ownership and zero about the police state.
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:58 PM
 
Location: SE corner of the Ozark Redoubt
2,853 posts, read 965,026 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
If protecting the Mexicans gets you on board to support the wall that's fine. Either way it needs to get built.
The wall needs to be built, but I wonder if this guy was
an illegal, and if they will try to cover that up.
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Pyongjang
5,646 posts, read 2,388,873 times
Reputation: 3841
This shooting makes me think a scaled back version of Yang's plan is actually a good idea. Give everyone under 26 $1,000/mo. if they at least make themselves a productive member of society either through holding a job, getting educated, or volunteering in their community. Tired of these idiots gravitating to ridiculous ideologies they don't even understand due to spending their entire life online dreaming up fantasies.
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Florida
22,615 posts, read 9,626,862 times
Reputation: 18470
Are Americans ever going to rise up and protest being targets in a shooting gallery because the goddam NRA owns the Republican party? A Walmart on Saturday morning. This could be anyone. This country is getting worse, not better--where can you feel safe? Not in movie theaters, not in schools, not in churches, not in malls, not on highways. Your life can end anytime anywhere with one gun in the hands of the wrong person. This will never end as long as we're all held hostage by the second amendment and those who abuse it, and apparently there a massive amount of people who do.

No good guys with guns in TX? Where are all the lame excuses about gun free zones?
 
Old 08-03-2019, 04:59 PM
 
19,569 posts, read 17,622,236 times
Reputation: 10697
Would you rather live in a society where people don't want to do things like this or one where people are prevented from doing things like this?
They caught him and they'll find out what made him do this.
 
Old 08-03-2019, 05:00 PM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
21,309 posts, read 10,270,218 times
Reputation: 20528
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Mass shootings are nothing new though.
The difference is the police state these days.
Study the history of shootings in this country.
Not just school shootings.

Go back to the 1890's and school shootings took place then.

Neither party is addressing the police state and loss of freedoms citizens are losing from being able to travel unmolested by the gestapo.

The only thing being addressed by both parties is gun ownership and zero about the police state.
They may not be new, but they're soaring.

250 incidents in 2019 through the end of July, killing almost 1,000 people? That's pretty new.
 
Old 08-03-2019, 05:00 PM
 
Location: SE corner of the Ozark Redoubt
2,853 posts, read 965,026 times
Reputation: 2854
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterkIjon View Post
Ever watch "The Rifleman" from the 1960's.
and it was done with a lever action rifle
I imagine this was a semi automatic rifle
The pictures seem to show a simiauto, but if they
ever get their unconstitutional talons on our simiautos,
they will immediately go after the lever action rifles next.
 
Old 08-03-2019, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Pyongjang
5,646 posts, read 2,388,873 times
Reputation: 3841
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Are Americans ever going to rise up and protest being targets in a shooting gallery because the goddam NRA owns the Republican party? A Walmart on Saturday morning. This could be anyone. This country is getting worse, not better--where can you feel safe? Not in movie theaters, not in schools, not in churches, not in malls, not on highways. Your life can end anytime anywhere with one gun in the hands of the wrong person. This will never end as long as we're all held hostage by the second amendment and those who abuse it, and apparently there a massive amount of people who do.

No good guys with guns in TX? Where are all the lame excuses about gun free zones?

If you take away guns, it could get worse. These aimless drifters will still seek to cause mayhem, and they'll probably go into bomb building.
 
Old 08-03-2019, 05:05 PM
 
Location: North Beach, MD on the Chesapeake
34,063 posts, read 42,477,125 times
Reputation: 43572
Quote:
Originally Posted by SterkIjon View Post
Ever watch "The Rifleman" from the 1960's.

and it was done with a lever action rifle

I imagine this was a semi automatic rifle
Umm, have you ever fired a lever action rifle? Not just watched a TV show with a prop gun made especially for it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top