U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 05:15 PM

2,853 posts, read 965,026 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Nope, most times the perpetrator blows their brains out and the state creates the narrative that is conducive to their agenda.
OK, you're not paying attention...

Old 08-03-2019, 05:15 PM

15,992 posts, read 4,228,143 times
Hey, I have no problem if Texans want to issue a gun to every nut out there. Go ahead. They are already at 3X the gun violence rate of my "reasonable" state and maybe they can "gun" for more.....

Me? I'm going to choose to live in - and visit - and support....places that care about human beings and civil society. At some point even Texans will tire of the slaughter. Many will die first. But that is what they want.

But, please, try to keep the gun nuts at home. I think that is the natural tendency anyway so am not too worried for now.

Still, Texas delivers us mass death in more ways than one. Nuts like (native) Alex Jones rile up hate all over the country...

There will be a point when decent Americans take over and say no. I may not live to see it, but it will likely happen. I'm an optimist because the alternative to that is either failed country or some splits in the Union (which is really fine with me too....if some people desire a more violent society, let them wall themselves off).

Old 08-03-2019, 05:16 PM

11,082 posts, read 4,128,544 times
What does indiscriminately shooting people at a Wal-Mart have to do with "White nationalism"?

Old 08-03-2019, 05:17 PM

1,630 posts, read 651,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
What does indiscriminately shooting people at a Wal-Mart have to do with "White nationalism"?
Nothing.

They're desperately trying to link it to control the narrative to push their agenda and to completely ignore everything else.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:17 PM

6,524 posts, read 3,613,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hey, I have no problem if Texans want to issue a gun to every nut out there. Go ahead. They are already at 3X the gun violence rate of my "reasonable" state and maybe they can "gun" for more.....

Me? I'm going to choose to live in - and visit - and support....places that care about human beings and civil society. At some point even Texans will tire of the slaughter. Many will die first. But that is what they want.

But, please, try to keep the gun nuts at home. I think that is the natural tendency anyway so am not too worried for now.

Still, Texas delivers us mass death in more ways than one. Nuts like Alex Jones rile up hate all over the country...

There will be a point when decent Americans take over and say no. I may not live to see it, but it will likely happen. I'm an optimist because the alternative to that is either failed country or some splits in the Union (which is really fine with me too....if some people desire a more violent society, let them wall themselves off).
Texas did you wrong somehow. You need to write a country song and tell everyone all about it.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:18 PM

9,371 posts, read 2,871,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Well, this conservative would like to see some changes.

Gun free zones are an ongoing disaster created by people that think mass murderers will obey gun laws.

Everyone should be carrying a firearm...especially in schools and other public venues where these things regularly occur.

As for your brilliant plan to disarm the victims before the attack, last I heard trucks are still legal in France and kitchen knives are still legal in the UK.

Care to guess what you use to stop a mass murderer using a truck or kitchen knife to kill a bunch of people?

That's right.

You use a gun.

The good guys show up with guns and kill the bastards.

The only reason they manage to kill as many people as they do using trucks and kitchen knives is the good guys with the guns usually take a few minutes to get there.

We could cut that time down considerably if ordinary people, the ones already there, already had the guns where they needed to be.
No. On so many levels.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:19 PM

39,732 posts, read 41,094,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
Yet the Republican party never actually moves to address mental health. No proposed effort, no programs ... nothing.

How do you do that? There is some very big issues with this. One of the largest if not the largest issue is someone felling a little wacky decides not to seek help because they will lose their guns.

150 posts, read 195,385 times
The responses on Citi Data forums validates that this country is F..k up!

9,371 posts, read 2,871,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Agreed.

First they will come for ar15/ak47s

Next will be mini14s and sks

Then it will be all semi auto rifles

Then it will be pistols

Then lever action and semi auto shotguns

Next up would be bolt action rifles
Etc..

They won't stop.
Oh for God's sake. This kind of rhetoric is beyond tiresome.

8,806 posts, read 5,478,010 times
From his manifesto, the shooter motives are clear, a racist hateful person, of the white nationalist kind. Domestic Terrorism home grown out white nationalism, and he won't be the last.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or