U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 05:43 PM

30,356 posts, read 15,755,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Americans are more likely to be gunned down and kill by domestic terrorist, than any foreign terrorist. Hate crimes and hate groups are on the rise in this country, and we have no one in leadership to address this issue.
Who has the highest body count?

Foreign terrorists.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:44 PM

46,874 posts, read 34,477,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We will see in time that it was not indiscriminate but that he was targeting hispanic looking people. Early accounts suggest that to be the case. Then again, El Paso is majority Hispanic so it could be coincidence.
He drove for 10 hours across Texas to El Paso for a reason.

We DK the reason or if the manifest is real. Heís in custody and no longer a risk to the public. More will be revealed.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:44 PM

9,530 posts, read 2,900,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I honestly believe a fair amount of liberals are giddy when they hear about mass shootings.
And how sick does one have to be to believe that? Jesus.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:45 PM

5,717 posts, read 2,104,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Americans are more likely to be gunned down and kill by domestic terrorist, than any foreign terrorist.

Yup, and the government, the media and law enforcement refuse to call domestic mass shootings like this "terrorism." They only use the terror word if the shooter is a foreigner or is a Muslim. They never call a right wing terrorist a terrorist.

31,816 posts, read 19,848,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes there is. But why do certain people only come out when there more than 3 people are killed/shot, yet don't care about anything else?

Yes, no doubt, but tell us, does it matter the situation that you are gunned down in, no matter where you are? What you describe is the problem.....you dismiss one for the other....

If you don't car about one, you cannot care about the other...why you ask, because in the end, gun deaths are compiled into one number..... think about that....really....
We care but due to the extremely high number, we simply don't have time to address each case of gun violence.

29,539 posts, read 40,044,637 times
There seems to be little doubt anymore that the so-called manifesto is the shooters. It is the typical rant against illegals that we read on this site everyday or hear from Trump - only so many jobs and illegals are taking them, illegals are carrying diseases, illegals are criminals, illegals cost us billions. There is little doubt why he went to the very city that Trump rants about with respect to illegal immigration to shoot people. This is more blood on Trump's hands.

1,173 posts, read 618,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
We've established that people carrying guns aren't doing that.

Except that people carrying guns aren't getting involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Thatís interesting because every time a mass shooting happened in a gun free zone, you guys said ďhey this wouldnít happen in a state that was open/concealed carry - you need a good guy with a gunĒ.

Now that it has, the excuse is carry people arenít looking for gunfights? Thatís a hell of a cop out when youíve been saying the opposite for all the other shootings.

Clearly a mass shooting in a concealed carry zone is no different than a gun free zone.
This is exactly what I was thinking. I always hear that "The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun". So now we hear that the good guys with guns don't want to get involved?

5,457 posts, read 3,411,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Walmart bans employees from carrying weapons on company property.
What about the 1,000 customers?

I realize Arizona is a different state, about when I lived in Tucson and went to the WalMarts there, I would consistently see customers with a gun on their hip out in the open while they did their shopping.

6,524 posts, read 3,625,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
I left TX and my license way before open carry. I was actually surprised they passed it. This is precisely some points that were brought up in discussion why it was necessary to conceal. As i said it stays holstered and hidden. My main concern is to exit immediately unless directly threatened.... Sorry but even if I see the shooter, I am not going to be a hero... Way too many unknown factors. When it is out an din the open, the pressure / assumption is it will be used.... You will be targeted not only by the shooter but other scared AND desperate.

Someone compared it to being near a drowning situation. Approaching has its risks.... The person in panic can very well pull you in and drown you in their desperate attempts to get out safely.
Since open carry was legalized here Iíve only seen one person carry, believe it or not. At a gas station down in Study Butte, near Big Bend. Never seen anyone carry here in Austin. Iím not fond of open carry myself, but all the potential problems we were warned of have failed to materialize. I think most gun owners are smart and continue to conceal.

Old 08-03-2019, 05:46 PM

9,530 posts, read 2,900,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Who has the highest body count?

Foreign terrorists.
So that's supposed to make us feel better? Really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or