Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 07:05 PM

32,847 posts, read 12,115,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I saw a quick shot on tv of the line at the blood bank in El Paso - it’s almost a MILE long.

Good Texans standing out in the heat waiting hours to volunteer. I was real proud to see that. Then sad again that that’s what it took to bring people together today.
I saw the Tweet that that line is near the corner of Zaragzsa and Mesa Mills. When in El Paso I often go to the Starbucks at Zaragoza and George Dieter, which is a couple of blocks or so off I-10. One of the last times I was in El Paso, I needed treatment from a Doc or NP for a wound i got in Arizona. I ended up stopping by a couple of doc-in-a-boxes off of Zaragoza, but I didn't get straight answers at the front desk at any of those. I ended up finding a fantastic place on the other side of El Paso that I'd go back to if needed. I'm curious as to where Mesa Mills crosses Zaragosa. I'll have to look it up.

25,403 posts, read 9,680,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
His manifesto is like some 8th grade essay with bits and piece copy pasted from various sources. You won't learn much about him from it aside the fact that he wanted the notoriety of a manifesto.
Doesn't matter. He killed a lot of people today no matter his IQ.

27,539 posts, read 15,950,865 times
A guy shot up a walmart last week and nobody was hyperventilating. Perhaps because only 2 people were killed.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:06 PM

8,604 posts, read 4,433,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I honestly believe a fair amount of liberals are giddy when they hear about mass shootings.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
And how sick does one have to be to believe that? Jesus.
Not as sick as the ones that celebrate these shootings
as a way to further their gun control efforts.

1,273 posts, read 1,630,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
The Left only cares about those shootings they can capitalize on.
And if this guy was a Muslim the far right would be using this to justify the stupid ban and the hate and why no person of middle eastern lineage should be in Congress.

38,603 posts, read 26,220,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If everyone had a gun in the mall what would you expect other than more friendly fire shootings, how would anyone determine the shooter. This is Texas by the way, we will wait to see if there were concealed carry holders.

The shooter would be the person shooting unarmed shoppers.

63,919 posts, read 46,452,709 times
Reportedly, there were 3000 people in this Walmart at the time of the shooting. More were in the parking lot and in the mall, too.

It is amazing more, a long more, were not shot.

23,439 posts, read 13,678,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Of course they would be just as likely. It's highly unlikely that any one would be concealed carrying an assault rifle. So any law-abiding citizens would be out gunned. So they would be running for their lives like everyone else. Most mass shooters don't expect to survive anyway. So the possibility of a law-abiding citizen shooting them instead of a LEO would have no impact on their decision.

As others have already pointed out, all your plan would do is have a lot of law-abiding citizens shooting each other, and also being shot by arriving LEOs who would have no idea who the bad guy is.

Yes, it is tough to carry a USP concealed.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:07 PM

25,403 posts, read 9,680,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRex2 View Post
Not as sick as the ones that celebrate these shootings
as a way to further their gun control efforts.
I don't know one person who is celebrating today.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:07 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,447,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Yup, and the government, the media and law enforcement refuse to call domestic mass shootings like this "terrorism." They only use the terror word if the shooter is a foreigner or is a Muslim. They never call a right wing terrorist a terrorist.
Terrorism requires a political motive. For example, Dylan Roof killed a number of black people in a Baptist church, because he identified with white supremacy. He published a manifesto AND his actions were entirely consistent with what white supremacists believe. This was a political motive, therefore his actions - not conducted by a group, but by him alone - were an act of terrorism.

For this to be an act of terrorism, there has to be a clear political motive. Just being mentally ill is not enough. Just being mad at his parents or whoever is not enough. Just because there were a lot of people who died, that is not enough. Just because there is a supposed "Manifesto," that is not enough.

For this to be an act of terror, there has to be a clear political motive AND his actions need to be consistent with that motive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies