U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 07:43 PM

6,524 posts, read 3,617,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Puleeze.

The only reason people havenít trotted it out this time and/or are trying to pretend that they believed it would have always been a bad idea is because this happened in TX.
We sure heard a different tune last week when it was CA.
And would have heard that same tune if this had happened in NY or some other ďliberalĒ state.

Interesting how common sense rears its head when faced with reality.
Fantastic. Thanks for sharing. Youíre a real problem solver.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:43 PM

9,103 posts, read 2,584,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Getting really sick and tired of white male rage.

If you're so mad, how about killing yourself rather than other people?

Also, where were all of those good guys with guns to stop the shooter? This was TX.
Any sane person armed or not would distance themselves from the shooter and for a few good reasons.

1. Your sub Compact CC pistol is no match for an AK-47.

2. You shooting at the shooter when cops arrive. They don't know who the real shooter is so you get shot by the police.

3. If I am there with my family they are my priority. Sorry, but perfect strangers are way down low on my priority list and that is true of most.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:44 PM

2,937 posts, read 2,763,917 times
What narrative is Fox News running with? Texas is very pro 2nd amendment, right wing, and supports open and concealed carry. The argument, "more armed civilians would have stopped this" doesn't really work when the mass shooting happened in Texas.

So in essence, good guys with a gun don't mean **** in a life or death scenario. Nothing but lip service.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:45 PM

1,610 posts, read 1,288,872 times
20 people dead now. White shooter, who idolizes Dylan Roof, David Duke and our racist POTUS, Trump. Just great. Good job, America.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:45 PM

17,487 posts, read 8,829,207 times
Millions of invaders, 10s of thousands of Americans killed. I’m suprised it took this long for someone to snap back.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:46 PM

19,723 posts, read 17,911,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
What narrative is Fox News running with? Texas is very pro 2nd amendment, right wing, and supports open and concealed carry. The argument, "more armed civilians would have stopped this" doesn't really work when the mass shooting happened in Texas.

So in essence, good guys with a gun don't mean **** in a life or death scenario. Nothing but lip service.
Always has been.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:46 PM

2,079 posts, read 605,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Has nothing to do with money. Don't forget, there is also a military base nearby. He could be part of a special-ops, and we would never, ever know. His arrest will be nothing more than a dog and pony show, and then a few months later, this story will disappear, and so will he.
You should see a shrink. I mean that in the most sincere way.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:47 PM

63,449 posts, read 34,671,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ouch. The far-right is out of control. Extremist conservatives.

The Anti-farts are loud and nasty, but the right-wing terrorists are deadly.

614 posts, read 160,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Getting really sick and tired of white male rage.

If you're so mad, how about killing yourself rather than other people?

Also, where were all of those good guys with guns to stop the shooter? This was TX.
Donít care about black male rage/deaths? Their homicide rates are much higher than the rates of any other race in U.S.

27,520 posts, read 19,347,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Will these do? They all came from his campaign.

"Iíd like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I donít know if Iíll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. Thatís what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), Iíll defend you in court, donít worry about it"
"Iíll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal feesĒ
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"
nope. none of those say maiming and killing is okay. but you did try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or