U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 08:55 PM

32,849 posts, read 16,810,905 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
In a Walmart in Texas, and nobody was carrying? Surprising.
Interviews with concealed carriers have already aired. They were carrying. And they ran.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:56 PM

19,939 posts, read 22,883,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thelogo View Post
Did you missed the part where he says the Republican party is also terrible. At the end he predicted the president would be blaimed.
And he's right on both of those points. What he leaves out is that they both DESERVE to be blamed.

Ken

4,370 posts, read 1,893,791 times
Now watch walmart do something completely pointless like stop selling guns or ammo.

1,470 posts, read 434,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
I don't disagree that many younger people have no idea how to function in society, and cannot handle any type of rejection, loss, or anything that does not agree with their ideological world view.

I don't believe that all mental illness is from genetics - meaning I don't believe that everyone who has one is born with it. I do believe that environment can play a factor in someone developing a mental illness. I'm not a psychologist so I won't be deliberating with anyone on how, exactly, that would cause someone to flip and start shooting many innocent people.

I do not disagree with you that some of that could absolutely have a hand in developing a mental illness - when someone has zero coping skills, it can cause their mind to malfunction - I firmly believe that.

By the way, where did you hear that rumor that more Targets and Wal-Marts would be shot up? I'd like to know because something that I do for fun when I'm not working, (although some consider this work) is one of those app jobs that has me doing a lot of people's shopping at Target. I'd prefer not to be shot up in the near future...or the far future, for that matter.
I was at a Target tonight and it was interesting. They had a lot more staff on duty. More security and there were staff placed at the end of various aisles and sections of the store standing there watching people and the aisles.

Old 08-03-2019, 08:57 PM

32,849 posts, read 16,810,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Amazing how these white male shooters always get arrested without a scratch on them.
It's not as if he was selling untaxed cigarettes in the street.

19,172 posts, read 7,487,285 times
I always feared this. In many EU terrorist acts, the killers seemed to pick where the largest quantity of people would be.

In America, in terms of soft targets w/o security checkpoints to get through, where are there more people than at Wal Mart?

14,327 posts, read 6,189,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal_Native View Post
Here's the manifesto
Manifesto
It would have been better if hed just started a YouTube channel. He obviously wanted people to read his manifesto, and decided the best way to get attention for it was to kill a bunch of people. Why cant the police not release names? Now he got what he wanted, millions of people around the world reading his stupid manifesto.

21,783 posts, read 14,493,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
At all the construction job sites I have worked at.....the Hispanic workers have always been the nicest and most hardworking bunch I have ever met. Always smiling, making jokes and playing their music. Happy people who are grateful for what they have, even if it means hard work for little pay.

I used to be anti-immigrant myself...until I started interacting and working with these people...and my mind was completely changed. We NEED these people. They are an essential piece of the fabric in America. We should be making their lives easier here, not harder.
This is so damn true. So damn true.

17,463 posts, read 8,806,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
As well they should.
Trump incites violence. He advances the racist agenda of and gives cover to members of the KKK, neo-NAZIs, White Supremacists and other folks in the White Nationalist movement. That's WHY they love him.

Ken
You didn’t blame Tuesday’s walmart shooting on anyone? You didn’t blame the ice facility attack on anyone?

Old 08-03-2019, 08:58 PM

4,276 posts, read 2,049,696 times
Donald Trump is held up in the White House waiting for a speech writer to compose a scripted meaningless response. Sad, when the person residing in the White House can't speak intelligently without a teleprompter. I'm not being political, I'm just speaking the TRUTH.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or