Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 12:17 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,314,715 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSHL10 View Post
Crazy. He is comfortable doing that? How can he sleep at night not knowing anything about the purchasers mental health and suitability to own a gun?

Could he be sued if the purchaser uses the gun to hurt someone? Does he carry liability insurance like a business does?

Sorry for the questions. Not a gun owner and my state makes it really hard to become one so I am not too knowledgeable about it.
Indeed he could and probably will be. Not too mention being charged with the Federal crime of knowingly selling a firearm to a prohibited possessor.

Myself, if I were to sell one of my guns either handgun or long gun privately. I would only sell to someone who had both a valid drivers license and concealed weapons permit from my home State of Arizona. I would also request and keep a copy of both along with a record of when I sold the firearm. It's just not worth the hassle and legal ramifications if a gun I sold was later on used in a crime. Having a concealed weapons permit would assure me that the individual I sold a firearm to was not a prohibited possessor as described by Federal law.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:20 PM

24,450 posts, read 9,308,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rkstar71 View Post
Libs blame the gun. I blame the criminal.
Well now they’re blaming the president.

It’s their only argument and it never works.

Trump can now simply run on “Dems will take away your guns” and will win the re-election easily.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:23 PM

42,660 posts, read 17,842,438 times
Hindsight is always 20/20.

Doesn't seem there is anything in his past that would have prevented him from buying a gun.

We don't live in the world of "Minority Report"...crimes are not known before they happen.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:24 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,489,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
One more time

One does not register by party in Texas.

Registered voters receive a card in the mail every two years. When we declare which primary we are voting in by walking into their room, they stamp our card. That means nothing.

For years when the Ds controlled Texas most all of the Republicans voted in the Democratic primary for the candidate the would the the easiest for the already known Republican to beat.

It was common and everybody did it.
You are mistaken. When people vote in primaries in Texas, they are "registered" with the party's primary that they vote in, as you are only allowed to vote in one. Anyone who says otherwise does not know what they are talking about.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:28 PM

46,889 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
Could we do similar equations of individual with murderous intent with knives, explosives or vehicules?
Knives are kind of lacking as an instrument of mass murder, but if you're going to argue that purchase and and ownership of firearms should be regulated akin to explosives, I am certain we could find some common ground. And I'm all for registration, competence tests and mandatory insurance for vehicles and firearms both.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Very scary law. The seller really has no way of knowing if the purchaser is still able to buy the gun. The permit for the purchaser might have been invalidated due to committing a crime or mental issues and the seller would have no idea.

Thanks for the info.
But if the seller requested the permit along with another form of identification he/she did the right thing and therefore I doubt very much that they would be charged with a crime or could even be sued. That's why I would request a copy of both for my records along with seeing the real thing before privately selling any firearm. If the purchaser refused, I wouldn't sell the firearm to them, PERIOD.

It's another reason why I keep any guns that are not on my person in a safe. If someone were to steal any of them and took them out of a dresser drawer. That would be negligent on my part and more than likely I could be held civilly responsible and sued if the firearm were used in a crime.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:29 PM

25,427 posts, read 9,747,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It will get much worse over time until there is no choice to take all guns away. The Demwits are coming for our guns in time.
The Dems don't want your guns. First they want Trump to quit his hateful racist rhetoric. We want assault weapon bans. And before some of you come on here to school me on the definition of assault weapons, don't bother because I'm not interested. We also want background checks. That would be a start. It's a shame that the president of the U.S. promotes white nationalism and demonizes those who are "other."

Old 08-04-2019, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Shows the difference between resisting arrest and not. Honestly though I wish Wal-Mart boy would have been killed.
That would be too easy.

I'd rather he sit in a prison cell pondering his fate waiting for the day to arrive when he gasps for air, flapping like a fish on a gurney as a needle is stuck into his arm.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Some of these posters must be fresh out of Junior High to believe this hasn't been a problem for a long time.
They're so brain washed into believing that Trump is responsible for all of the evils of the world probably going back into the Middle Ages.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:46 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,201,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
The Dems don't want your guns. First they want Trump to quit his hateful racist rhetoric. We want assault weapon bans. And before some of you come on here to school me on the definition of assault weapons, don't bother because I'm not interested. We also want background checks. That would be a start. It's a shame that the president of the U.S. promotes white nationalism and demonizes those who are "other."
It wasn't long ago that video games were blamed. Now Trump is on the scene and he is blamed for it. You ban assault weapons and shooting will continue. Then you say this is not enough and we have to confiscate them. This is actually a logical move but you don't have the guts to say it now. You want to death by a thousand cuts. Oh, about "hateful" language, espousing the rule of law is not hateful language. It's the Dema who have unleashed 100,000 people on the southern border through their misguided(?) legislations. They need to stop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies