Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 07:34 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,621,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Will these do? They all came from his campaign.

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"
Trending on YouTube now :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIs2L2nUL-0&t=5s

Old 08-03-2019, 07:35 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Amazing how these white male shooters always get arrested without a scratch on them.
Always? Are you sure about that?

Old 08-03-2019, 07:35 PM

11,027 posts, read 6,504,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
where were all of those good guys with guns to stop the shooter? This was TX.
I predict pages of this same snarkiness from the very same people who would be out for blood if a civilian injured or killed an innocent bystander. So helpful.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:37 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,096,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
I just want to quote you to make sure everyone sees this .

The poster I quoted above is accusing the El Paso Police Chief of lying and being "fake news."

Look, I get that many conservatives on here are not very happy to learn that this shooting was yet another far-right white supremacist nut job. I get that it does not fit your agenda, so you don't like it.

But for someone to accuse a Police Chief in the situation he's in today of being fake news...it's not good for one's credibility and may severely hurt the chances of anyone taking you seriously LOL.
I agree... The police chief is going to be the closest public figure to the investigation. If you refuse to believe him you aren't being reasonable... cherry-picking to the comfort of one's views.

Sure there are some bad cops (even more good ones) that lie, but this is the Police Chief.. not a street police officer with something or a motive to hide. Unless there is proof of dishonesty on the part of the Police Chief, we should assume the investigation is ongoing and he is feeding information when possible.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:37 PM

408 posts, read 214,908 times
There was a concealed carrier in the store.

Glen Oakley- hero.

He told reporters that he pulled his own gun out as he heard the first gunshots but quickly his attention turned to the children and as he ran he picked up as many as he could and carried them to safety.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/us-new...rying-18824967

Old 08-03-2019, 07:38 PM

7,510 posts, read 4,351,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems every mass shooting inspires the next, doesn’t it.
We can blame the media for that. Years ago this crap was not happening at least not as often. As soon as the media started sensationalizing these events mostly after Columbine they're happening more and more.

I think it's because by and large they have an agenda to abolish the 2nd Amendment or at the very least neuter it, making it as worthless as the paper it's printed on. They can only do it incrementally by adding more and more ineffective gun laws that only affect those that own and use guns for any lawful purpose.

There are already thousands of specific gun laws on the books that address their criminal and negligent mis-use. Along with thousands of laws that address every conceivable criminal act imaginable. We don't need any more laws that only serve to criminalize the innocent while rewarding the guilty. As the guilty will be the only ones left with their guns. Criminals don't obey laws no matter how many laws that there are. Especially those that are on a suicide mission and don't expect to come out of it alive.

The only reason for having laws is to have a method of arresting, convicting and punishing those who willfully break them. Good people don't need any laws and bad people never follow them.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:39 PM

8,332 posts, read 2,962,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Ouch. The far-right is out of control. Extremist conservatives.

https://twitter.com/acnewsitics/stat...58854811279360
73% of federal prison inmates describe themselves as democrat/liberal. The most violent cities in the U.S. are majority liberal/democrat and have the strictest gun laws. Whites that mass murder don’t even represent 1% of all homicides in the U.S.

Show me something.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:41 PM

12,968 posts, read 9,651,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Based on FBI and USDOJ stats it seems that non-whites are the most violent racists. Whites don’t even have the highest rates of mass murder in the U.S.

Based on MSM hysteria you’d never guess.
Tell that to all the slaves and lynching victims of the south, and the people of the civil rights era, and to the family of Emmett Till.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:41 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,867,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex New Yorker View Post
We can blame the media for that. Years ago this crap was not happening at least not as often. As soon as the media started sensationalizing these events mostly after Columbine they're happening more and more.

I think it's because by and large they have an agenda to abolish the 2nd Amendment or at the very least neuter it, making it as worthless as the paper it's printed on. They can only do it incrementally by adding more and more ineffective gun laws that only affect those that own and use guns for any lawful purpose.

There are already thousands of specific gun laws on the books that address their criminal and negligent mis-use. Along with thousands of laws that address every conceivable criminal act imaginable. We don't need any more laws that only serve to criminalize the innocent while rewarding the guilty. As the guilty will be the only ones left with their guns. Criminals don't obey laws no matter how many laws that there are. Especially those that are on a suicide mission and don't expect to come out of it alive.

The only reason for having laws is to have a method of arresting, convicting and punishing those who willfully break them. Good people don't need any laws and bad people never follow them.
Murder is already illegal.

If your a good person you don't need a law to tell you that.

If your evil you aren't going to care what murder laws, or guns laws say.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:43 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I've already pointed out that only 2% of Texans are licensed to carry firearms, and according to surveys, less than half of them every carry.

So there would have been no more than 30 people possibly armed in the store, if there were 3000 people shopping.

Now, if you break down the population, it would probably be fewer than that. Of the 2% of Texans with licenses, for instance, most are white males and most of the rest are white females. And they would have to be adults--many of those 3000 were children.

That probably makes the percentage of armed people in that particular Walmart far fewer than 30. There may even have been no more than two or three, somewhere in the store.

And as conversation in this thread has also already shown, most of us who do carry, carry only for personal and family protection, not to act as the Lone Ranger to the general public.
thanks for clueing in the clueless.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies