Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 08:58 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Interviews with concealed carriers have already aired. They were carrying. And they ran.
Yup. Chickenhawks.

In my experience, most people who carry guns are cowards - just like everyone else.

Ken

Old 08-03-2019, 09:00 PM

20,865 posts, read 9,532,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
You didn’t blame Tuesday’s walmart shooting on trump? Why?
It might have something to do with the fact that that particular one was a disgruntled employee shooting at co-workers. Nothing political there. I thought that would have been obvious.

754 posts, read 486,053 times
There is some weird notion that these racist/homophobic attacks are ONLY happening under president Trump, and wouldn't happen under anyone else is utter horsecrap.

Anders Breivik (Neo Nazi) - 77 dead - July 2011 - Under President Obama
Dylann Roof (hated blacks) - 9 dead - June 2015 - Under President Obama
Omar Mateen (hated gays) - 49 dead - June 2016 - Under President Obama

I'm not saying some of Trumps rhetoric isn't harmful but hate filled mass shootings have clearly pre dated Trump and anyone who suggests otherwise is clearly politicking.

16,236 posts, read 5,879,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Interviews with concealed carriers have already aired. They were carrying. And they ran.
As they should have if they had any intelligence. Their Compact concealed carry weapons were no match for an AK-47. Nor was it worth risking their lives if they weren't directly in danger.

LOL My family and my life is always a priority. I'm sorry but Joe Blow who I have never met? Im not running into a firefight with a handgun against a rifle that can shoot through a wall and still kill me. If I am already in the middle of said firefight, yes I would try to shoot the killer.

I want someone to tell me why anyone should run into an on going firefight or active shooter situation when every expert, every police agency says dont do it.

1,675 posts, read 576,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And he's right on both of those points. What he leaves out is that they both DESERVE to be blamed.

Ken
He doesn't leave it out. He explicitly say it to both parties. Again, read one more time.

Old 08-03-2019, 09:01 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
You didn’t blame Tuesday’s walmart shooting on anyone? You didn’t blame the ice facility attack on anyone?
Because Trump wasn’t to blame for that one.

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
El Paso police are investigating this shooting as a possible hate crime.

https://time.com/5643110/el-paso-texas-mall-shooting/
Aren’t all mass shootings hate crimes? What the f difference does it make to prosecute it that way? He’s still never getting out of prison alive.

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Shooter posted his support for trump on social media sites.

Quote:
Social media postings discovered online, purportedly from the assailant, also demonstrate he was an ardent supporter of Trump and his ideas, including expressing vociferous support of extending a wall between the border of the United States and Mexico.
Quote:
The shooter also spoke in favor to the idea of “send them back,” referring to immigrants and legal U.S. citizens who were born abroad who may voice dissatisfaction with this administration’s policies. A variation of such a chant was recently repeated by supporters of President Donald Trump during a political rally he hosted last month.
https://hillreporter.com/el-paso-sho...al-media-42455

Old 08-03-2019, 09:02 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,328,298 times
Quote:
You didn’t blame Tuesday’s walmart shooting on anyone? You didn’t blame the ice facility attack on anyone?
Tuesdays' shooting wasn't political. It was personal. Why would I blame Trump or anyone else but the shooter?
THIS shooting was political - hence the manifesto.

Ken

Old 08-03-2019, 09:03 PM

28,667 posts, read 18,784,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino78x View Post
So you admit that "the only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" is some stupid [nonsense]?
It's not nonsense otherwise it would never happen. But it's not the general modus.

In this particular case, one man who was armed (who is also active duty military) in the store concentrated on evacuating children rather than trying to find the shooter.

Quote:
In Gilroy, armed men were present, and shot the guy dead within one minute. But he still killed three people.
Frankly, it's most likely someone would have already been killed before I draw my weapon as well. I would be in hope that shooting wouldn't start, and I wouldn't precipitate a gunfight myself until likely after someone else had been shot.

Quote:
The answer isn't having more people carry. The answer is to prevent psychos from having access to firearms. How exactly to do that is the question. But we need to get better at detecting people who would do this kind of thing and flagging them in NICS.
The answer is to figure out why Americans are so callus of life and so uncaring of each other. The spirit that causes mass shootings is the same spirit that causes government officials not to care about lead in the water of Flint. It's the same spirit that causes children to hound other children to suicide. It's the same spirit that causes people to refuse general health care. It's the same spirit that causes the government to cage children on the border. It's the same spirit that causes the nation not to care and to proceed as though nothing was unusual about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies