Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 07:01 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
I avoid gun free zones.
Do we know that THIS Walmart was a gun free zone? Considering this is Texas and I recall most Walmarts in TX I've visited sold guns, I would say probably not. With that many people in this Walmart, I'm sure there were a few concealed weapon holders.

16,236 posts, read 5,876,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
I just saw 20 people killed by a white man with a manifesto expressing hatred toward Hispanics. You seriously want to play the white man victim card?
No but if it were a black man that did it, the left would make excuses for it. If it were a drive by gang shooting the left would find a way to blame a gun shop in Indiana.

I detest white scum bags who do these shootings. If I were king I would have them hanged and their corpse fed to hungry Hyenas . What I wouldn't do is blame every gun owner in the country and seek to punish them for the misdeeds of the few.

33,322 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Trump used to be a dem, explain that.

Blaming a POTUS for this %%% is serious weak sauce.
The bolded is one of the reasons I don't understand why some hard right people have an almost diety like attitude towards him.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:04 PM

15,071 posts, read 10,093,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
liberals ready to capitalize on a tragedy to push their agenda. Pretty sad
What is sad is that you are naive to think that conservatives aren't doing the same...

Both of which is sad...

Old 08-03-2019, 07:05 PM

15,417 posts, read 9,059,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Japan is a homogenous civilized society, that is the main reason for their low crime rates.
Yes, of course, and their strict gun control has nothing to do with it. Even though them being a homogenous civilized society doesn't keep them safe from non-firearm mass attacks. They just had 35 people murdered in an arson attack last month. But that is what people do a homogenous civilized society. They burn people to death, but they would never shoot them. Because they are a homogenous civilized society.

You are just grasping at straws trying to come up with some other explanation, other then the obvious one, gun control.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:06 PM

30,254 posts, read 23,725,162 times
Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Rumors have been swirling around the internet for hours now, but I wanted to wait until it had been verified.

And it's now been confirmed: El Paso Police Chief said in presser that local and federal authorities are looking into a "manifesto" posted by the shooter, in which he rages about Hispanics invading Texas and a hatred for brown people.

The shooter posted this manifesto to 8chan, a far-right extremist group frequented by White Supremacists.

The shooter was not a brown Muslim man or an illegal Mexican, but a homegrown white man that hates minorities.

https://twitter.com/loisbeckett/stat...00949986910208
Sigh. While this may turn out to be his manifesto, I have to respond to this post.

It is NOT confirmed that it's his manifesto. It IS confirmed that police are investigating a manifesto that was allegedly posted to 8chan. "Tied to the shooter" because someone said it was his manifesto - that is still not confirmed.

In case you miss my point: You don't seem to understand the difference between "Police say this is the shooter's manifesto" and "Police are investigating a manifesto".

And no, 8chan is not "far right extremist group frequented by White Supremacists". Just because some dbag on Twitter says that doesn't make it true. 8chan is simply where old school 4channers went after that stupid fake "Q" got middle aged moms to visit 4chan, and then bleat about how it should be moderated. Idiots.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:07 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,865,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
Yes, of course, and their strict gun control has nothing to do with it. Even though them being a homogenous civilized society doesn't keep them safe from non-firearm mass attacks. They just had 35 people murdered in an arson attack last month. But that is what people do a homogenous civilized society. They burn people to death, but they would never shoot them. Because they are a homogenous civilized society.

You are just grasping at straws trying to come up with some other explanation, other then the obvious one, gun control.
When it's time to forcibly remove (confiscate) the 300 million guns in this country you should volunteer to assist.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:07 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,695,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
If all law-abiding citizens were allowed to carry a concealed weapon, and everybody knew they could, would someone planning to shoot up a Walmart be just as likely to go ahead anyway?

Most people still wouldn’t bother carrying, but a few would. And the shooter would’t know which ones in the crowd, they were.

Some of the shooters would likely change their minds and not do it in the first place.

And how many lives would be saved as a result, without a shot being fired?
This happened in TX where lots and lots of people carry.
Wasn’t a deterrent at all.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:08 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,534,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Crusius referenced New Zealand in his posts. That may be where he got the picture, which originated with the Cynical Times website in 2017.

Two peas in a pod, both Trump fanatics, both armed and dangerous to the public at large.

Only one of those nations had the guts to do something about the problem, and do it immediately. America is full of wussy politicians greased with gun lobby money.
only one of those nations has a second amendment.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:08 PM

21,463 posts, read 10,566,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
We're going to get it done, too, within the next decade.

You may be one of the beneficiaries of the legislation. Think about that.
What’s the plan?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies