Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 07:18 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,537,374 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilgrimsprogress View Post
shooter is a registered democrat
link?

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
People who otherwise would keep these feelings to themselves now think they have license to maim and kill at will because their hero, Trump, says it's okay.
link us to the quote where trump says maiming and killing is okay.

3,346 posts, read 1,267,783 times
In 2018, at Least 50 US Deaths From Surging Right-Wing Extremist Attacks

Quote:
Last year, domestic extremists killed at least 50 people in the U.S., up from 37 murders in 2017, according to the Anti-Defamation League’s Center on Extremism, which tracks such murders. The last five years have produced a higher number of extremist-related murders than any other five-year period since 1970, according to the ADL.
https://www.voanews.com/usa/2018-lea...remist-attacks

Old 08-03-2019, 07:20 PM

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
They can't because it never happened.

No amount of 1984 doublespeak revisionist history will make it do either.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:20 PM

37,170 posts, read 19,174,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Will these do? They all came from his campaign.

"I’d like to punch him in the face"
"Maybe he should have been roughed up"
"Part of the problem...is no one wants to hurt each other anymore"
"I don’t know if I’ll do the fighting myself or if other people will"
"The audience hit back. That’s what we need a little bit more of"
"If you do (hurt him), I’ll defend you in court, don’t worry about it"
"I’ll beat the crap out of you"
"Knock the crap out of him, would you? I promise you, I will pay your legal fees”
"If she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is, I don't know."
"Any guy that can do a body slam, he's my kind of ... He was my guy."
"I could stand in the middle of Fifth Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"

Old 08-03-2019, 07:21 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,851,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
How? In Texas we don’t register as Democrat or Republican.
That is true but it isn't the only way to tell if one is democrat or republican. That said I have no idea what political party the shooter belongs too. Not that it matters.

But yes there isn't a party affiliation registration on voting.
Texas primaries are open, meaning a voter does not have to be registered as a member of a party to participate in its primary. Voters in Texas must sign a pledge when voting declaring that they will not vote in another party's primary in the same year.

2,898 posts, read 1,864,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that he wasn't white Hispanic , and that he did targeted Hispanic people, and that he is probably a very racist person.
Regardless, he is an evil @55hole and deserves lots of misery and to no longer be breathing anymore.

7,505 posts, read 4,347,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Open carry is legal in my state but it's very rare to see someone actually doing it, so rare most people call the cops on them because they think it's illegal. The only time you might see someone carrying a gun is during hunting season, it's a good law because it prevents people who are engaging in legal activities from nuisance charges. You can be charged in some states for carrying a gun across the street to your neighbors house.

Most people that carry firearms carry them concealed and there is lot more of them than you think. Personally I think someone engaging in open carry as a general idea is stupidity, don't take that as being opposed to it being legal. I'm not interested in advertising to someone who intends to harm myself or someone else in my vicinity that I'm armed.
Great post!

I'm not against open carry either. The biggest problem with that method of carry is that it would be too easy for someone to grab your gun and shoot you or others with it. If in a bad situation where someone intended to go on a shooting spree they may take you out first if they see that you are armed. Indeed advertising is not a good idea. However if open carry were illegal you could be arrested and charged for accidentally exposing your sidearm while out in public.

Open carry is legal where I live in Arizona and always has been. As such it doesn't draw any unwanted attention as people are used to it. At one time it was the only way to lawfully carry a sidearm. Then concealed carry was allowed if you obtained a permit. Now both open and concealed carry are legal without a permit (Constitutional Carry). Permits are optional.

The advantage of getting a permit is:
(1) For reciprocity with other 37 states.
(2) You don't have to go through the NICS check to buy a firearm.
(3) You can enter establishments that serve alcohol providing you don't consume alcoholic beverages.
(4) You become familiar with the state's firearms laws.

57,232 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
First off... I think the 3000 people is already a wrong statistic

No way are 3000 people fitting in Walmart.

3000 is the number of people in the entire mall area/ shopping complex many of the 3000 were never in any danger.

Perhaps 200-400 were in the shooters vicinity at Walmart or nearby in the parking lot

So the likely number of concealed carry permit holders is even smaller.

But I'm still surprised no one got this guy.
Over 3000 in the Mall, Walmart and the immediate area, can we dispense with the gun free zone nonsense.

Old 08-03-2019, 07:22 PM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Would you prefer that good guys with guns start shooting up the goddamn place?

No ... of course not! If that happened you’d be here bellyaching about THAT.

There’s just no satisfying some people.
So the whole “good guy” with a gun nonsense can finally be consigned to the trash heap where it’s always belonged?

Small mercies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies