Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 09:56 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Yeah. I've seen my husband buy guns off Armslist and fill out paperwork for them. Some people act responsibly and some don't. I'm a Bernie supporter and I read off Bernie's suggestions to my NRA husband. He agreed with all of the recommendations (very similar to MN law). He also agreed we need to close the "gun show loophole" or person to person sale as you say because he's seen guns exchange hands with not even so much as a name.
Life of the care free and quite frankly, I don't know which way to sway on that, of whether individuals can do sales between each other or let the government do more regulation.

Personally, my policy (stated but not yet acted upon) is to do the transfer (if family) or the bankrolling (if friend) through an FFL. If, in anything else, it is for my own security ....... and I have spent too many decades in the security world not to be concerned for that. I have had friends who have asked me to borrow a gun which by mom's teachings I won't do, but to get them off my back, I have offered to bankroll the purchase of one for them. That way, the government system confirms or not that they can have a gun and that is pretty good clearance for my purpose, my security. I suppose one might call that the Traci Lords defence.

Twp other things and I suppose they applies here. As I said above, my policy is stated but not yet acted upon. Why not? Because for the friend I made the offer to, it was refused because they didn't want to be on the government radar. Sigh, that must be a pretty high conviction to forego an interest free loan offer of close to a thousand bucks. It also infuriated me when I heard it because while they didn't want to be the radar, they thought it was okay to use my firearms and have me, though I am there already, on the radar?

But....I suppose that goes back to what I said in my vacuum post. They weren't intentionally abusing our friendship but rather, speculating, they were so focused on their view of the government, they didn't realize what such a statement would do to a friend.

And secondly? When I was looking for my first smart phone, I went around to the stores asking for an app of gun serial numbers. I was rather concerned about buying an Uzi pistol that had started its life as an Uzi rifle (not a carbine configuration). That reason was not stated to the saleswoman but she was able to find me a site with stolen gun serial numbers.

For any product, guns or otherwise, there are salespeople who will tell you anything to get you to buy. Let the buyer beware.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 08-04-2019 at 10:05 AM..

Old 08-04-2019, 09:57 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
And still nothing live from the president yet. In the time of national tragedy, you would think the president would address the nation with heartfelt consoling words, and appeal to people to stop the madness.

Gotta love the lefties, you get your cake and also get to eat it...

You'd complain, even if he did say something....admit it....

Old 08-04-2019, 10:05 AM

4,430 posts, read 2,707,461 times

Old 08-04-2019, 10:07 AM

2,898 posts, read 1,868,294 times
Nice strawman meme

One = involved in actively resisting arrest

The other= already in custody.

It's beyond apples to oranges

Old 08-04-2019, 10:07 AM

7,930 posts, read 9,154,161 times
Shows the difference between resisting arrest and not. Honestly though I wish Wal-Mart boy would have been killed.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:10 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,987,571 times
Well, maybe yes, maybe no.....or on the other hand, there's that vacuum thing again. Ignoring the difference in time.

Mr. Garner was when? 2014? That was 5 years ago and maybe, we have learned a different way to restrain people.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:13 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,606,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalmancpa View Post
I point to Trump as a feeder for empowering these sick people who do this horrible mass shootings.
After all, we never had mass shootings before Trump was elected.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:21 AM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
When I read it, it's like as if it sounded like "Final Destination".
https://www.kxan.com/news/parents-of...mart-shooting/

Quote:
EL PASO, Texas (KTSM) – The parents of one of the Stonewall Douglas High School shooting in Parkland, Florida happened to be in El Paso on Saturday.

Manuel and Patricia Oliver, parent of Joaquin Oliver, were in town to unveil a memorial mural that was going to be unveiled this weekend.

Both parents shared their reaction to the shooting at Walmart that has claimed at least 20 lives.
One vlogger talk of improbable coincidence then one person who was at the Las Vegas or Parkland shooting before another shooting happen.
Vox Popoli: A series of highly improbable coincidences

Old 08-04-2019, 10:25 AM

15,860 posts, read 6,322,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Your own link does not even say that......

He has a carry permit, not a license to sell/buy/trade permit.....
You don't need a permit for shotguns or what they call "long guns".

Old 08-04-2019, 10:27 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
After all, we never had mass shootings before Trump was elected.

Some of these posters must be fresh out of Junior High to believe this hasn't been a problem for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies